Wine openers

bbn1122

DIS Veteran
We leave on Monday, can we bring a wine opener or can our Cabin Steward provides us with one.

And just confirming 2 bottles of wine per person?

They will provide one but they are the cheep ones that are hard to use.
You can bring your own.
2 bottles pp over 21. You can buy 2 more at each port.
This is the type Disney provides.
0B23665B-DDFF-4619-B178-16120AA893E4.png

They are cheap. We had one snap when trying to open a bottle one time. We now keep an opener in our DCL cruise supplies so that we can take each time.

You can bring your own.
2 bottles pp over 21. You can buy 2 more at each port.
This is the type Disney provides.
View attachment 273852

Um, HOW do you use that thing? It looks like a cheap flashlight!

Also, ask your kind cabin steward for a couple of wine glasses & ice (if you like that in your wine) each night. Nice to have in the room & I have "heard" you can take your wine with you to dinner/show/deck party (although you are not suppose to) in the wine glass & it will seem like you bought it at the bar.:rolleyes1

Yeah, I have the second one at home. :)

So the screw is inside the tube on the first ones? That's what confused me most.

Yes, the tube covers the screw. You remove the cover and insert it through the hole at the top of the screw to make the handle. It is not easy to get the cork out. I've always managed to do it, but usually with some colorful language accompanying my attempts.

Yes, the tube covers the screw. You remove the cover and insert it through the hole at the top of the screw to make the handle. It is not easy to get the cork out. I've always managed to do it, but usually with some colorful language accompanying my attempts.

Gotcha. I shall bring mine from home or get one in Orlando.

We always take ours (pack in check-in suitcase just in case). It looks like a Leatherman utility knife, from one of our local wineries. We have forgotten to pack one and got one from our room steward and we do take glasses of wine to dinner. Don't take the bottle or they will charge a corkage fee. Remember to pack your bottles (we use bubble pack) in your check-in bags to the ship, then transfer to carry on at boarding. We once took a bottle of one of our best Oregon wines with us to Palo where we paid the fee and impressed the wine sommelier so much he later contacted the winery. Maybe Oregon wines will be on board in the future...we keep taking DCL cruises to find out.

We always take ours (pack in check-in suitcase just in case). It looks like a Leatherman utility knife, from one of our local wineries. We have forgotten to pack one and got one from our room steward and we do take glasses of wine to dinner. Don't take the bottle or they will charge a corkage fee. Remember to pack your bottles (we use bubble pack) in your check-in bags to the ship, then transfer to carry on at boarding. We once took a bottle of one of our best Oregon wines with us to Palo where we paid the fee and impressed the wine sommelier so much he later contacted the winery. Maybe Oregon wines will be on board in the future...we keep taking DCL cruises to find out.

We are driving to the port tomorrow in NYC. I was planning just to carry on the wine and opener. We are not checking anything.

Is that okay?

I like the idea of asking for wine glasses and taking them to dinner if desired.

We are driving to the port tomorrow in NYC. I was planning just to carry on the wine and opener. We are not checking anything.

Is that okay?

I like the idea of asking for wine glasses and taking them to dinner if desired.
The rules and regs. keep changing with the TSA. If you ask them up front in line if you can take an opener through security, they would like that and then you know. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter