Wine openers

The rules and regs. keep changing with the TSA. If you ask them up front in line if you can take an opener through security, they would like that and then you know. Good luck!

Thanks! Maybe I will find some decent wine with a twist off!!!

Speaking of wine, I've had some very good cabs from Valle de Guadalupe recently on business trips to Mexico.

While I suspect we will bring Napa Cabs with us originally, I was hoping I could get some good bottles from Valle de Guadalupe in port at Cozumel or Costa Maya. Has anyone had luck buying wine there?

I take along this "waiter's corkscrew" in my shaving kit. It has to go through airport security as part of checked baggage because of the small foil-cutting knife. These are typically available for $5 to $10 at any liquor store that stocks a reasonable selection of wines.
corkscrew.jpg

Last edited:
We are driving to the port tomorrow in NYC. I was planning just to carry on the wine and opener. We are not checking anything.

Is that okay?

I like the idea of asking for wine glasses and taking them to dinner if desired.
You can carry on the cork screw through security at the cruise port but not through airport security.

Thanks! Maybe I will find some decent wine with a twist off!!!

Mollydooker is an Australian wine.... great reds, not bad prices ($25+) and they are twist top. They are moving more towards a twist to prevent wines from being corked. I've been drinking Mollydooker for years! Give it a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter