Wine Package Question

missyp

DIS Veteran
Friends of ours surprised us with a three day wine package for our upcoming cruise! When we are onboard will we be able to increase this to a 5 day package or do I have to buy another 3 day? Not really a big deal either way is fine but doubtful we will drink 6 bottles in 7 days.

Pretty sure you can increase it. I would just carry on a couple bottles of wine myself.

We recently completed a B2B2B on the Magic beginning with the EBTA. We had preordered our wine packages for each cruise but once we hit Europe for cruise No. 2, the wine list changed. Because of the changes in wine list we then decided that we would like to change the package on cruise No. 3 from the classic to the premium, something we thought would be a simple upcharge for the difference in price. They let us change but they had to actually cancel the classic package, refund that to the original form of payment, and charge us the new package price which then appeared on our room statement. The canceling had to be done by the offices in Florida and it wasn't until the third day of cruise No. 3 that everything got straightened out.

Do you usually drink wine every day?

DH and I bought a 2 bottles packages for a three nights cruise. We drank one of the first night, and ordered a bottle at Remy on the 2nd night to match our meal...

On the third night I wanted anything but wine. :crazy2:

We ended up with 1 bottle left after the cruise...

My suggestion: Don't order more wine right away. Start with drinking those you received as a gift and see if your still want wine after that.

Worst case scenario, buying a glass of wine or buying a bottle on board will cost you less... Or not much more than another wine package + corkage fee.

Invest in On Board Credit instead, to make sure you have the funds to cover the price of 1 or 2 extra bottles. If you end up not buying it, it's more money to spend elsewhere.

Do you usually drink wine every day?

DH and I bought a 2 bottles packages for a three nights cruise. We drank one of the first night, and ordered a bottle at Remy on the 2nd night to match our meal...

On the third night I wanted anything but wine. :crazy2:

We ended up with 1 bottle left after the cruise...

My suggestion: Don't order more wine right away. Start with drinking those you received as a gift and see if your still want wine after that.

Worst case scenario, buying a glass of wine or buying a bottle on board will cost you less... Or not much more than another wine package + corkage fee.

Invest in On Board Credit instead, to make sure you have the funds to cover the price of 1 or 2 extra bottles. If you end up not buying it, it's more money to spend elsewhere.

I did think of that as an option, also thought maybe I would like a cocktail one night instead of wine. You might be right, leaving it as three bottles and purchasing anything else we may need after that.

We recently completed a B2B2B on the Magic beginning with the EBTA. We had preordered our wine packages for each cruise but once we hit Europe for cruise No. 2, the wine list changed. Because of the changes in wine list we then decided that we would like to change the package on cruise No. 3 from the classic to the premium, something we thought would be a simple upcharge for the difference in price. They let us change but they had to actually cancel the classic package, refund that to the original form of payment, and charge us the new package price which then appeared on our room statement. The canceling had to be done by the offices in Florida and it wasn't until the third day of cruise No. 3 that everything got straightened out.

Glad you brought this up. I bet it would be a similar scenario, and if they had to credit the account it would be my friend's charge card. May have to either do what I stated above or order another 3 bottle package

I did think of that as an option, also thought maybe I would like a cocktail one night instead of wine. You might be right, leaving it as three bottles and purchasing anything else we may need after that.

They have great cocktails. You won't regret it.

If you end up with more wine than you can drink, you get to take the extra home with you!

Personally I always feel like I can go into rehab after a cruise! Just off the 9 day norway cruise. Got 7 day package. Ordered two bottles at Palo and carried half of one over. Then had bottle of champaign we got from Disney as a platinum passenger plus a Kir Royal at the piano bar most nights before dinner. Plus our kds ordered other drinks. I never even bothered to add up

Personally I always feel like I can go into rehab after a cruise! Just off the 9 day norway cruise. Got 7 day package. Ordered two bottles at Palo and carried half of one over. Then had bottle of champaign we got from Disney as a platinum passenger plus a Kir Royal at the piano bar most nights before dinner. Plus our kds ordered other drinks. I never even bothered to add up

Do they move your wine from the main dining room over to Palo? I have only done Palo brunch not dinner. That would factor into what I do as well.

Do they move your wine from the main dining room over to Palo? I have only done Palo brunch not dinner. That would factor into what I do as well.
They can transfer unused wine to stateroom or next MDR or Palo if requested. You can order off wine package in Palo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter