wine tour close to Monterey?

mrsswat

DIS Veteran
Anyone know of a decent winery tour in that area? Would love to do one, but not waste too much time traveling to and fro. Thanks:)

Are you looking for tour specifically or a tasting room?

http://www.bargetto.com/taste.shtml These guys have a tasting room on cannery row.

When you go to Monterrey where are you going to or from? You may like to go to winery of a wine you know, or you don't know.

I've never been a big fan of Bargetto's. They have some interesting specialty and fruit wines (raspberry wine, anyone?). But their actual grape wines are below average.

Actually, upstairs from Bargetto's room on Cannery Row is A Taste of Monterey, which allows you to taste some quality wines from a variety of vineyards.

Alternatively, if you want to taste from the wineries, try this map of where they're at. I recommend Ventana (love their whites), Chateau Julien, and Talbott. But you can't go wrong with most Monterey County wineries (with the exception of Bargetto, LOL). If you go to Talbott, say hello to Sal if he's there. He's my next-door neighbor, and his knowledge of wines is astounding.

HTH,
Bob

Bob we really need to get together so I can meet your cool friends/neighbors. LOL :)
I was going to say that we've had Bargetto's wines and they haven't been great. I did not know they had a tasting room in Monterey tho, nor did I know there was A Taste of Monterey, but now that I do....look out Monterey! LOL

Sounds good to me, Kerri :thumbsup2

Are you coming out for the MBARI Open House? I think you and the little Pixies would love it, and we could meet there.

-Bob

I am trying to make it happen Bob. :) It's on my calender so we are planning for it. I will definitely keep you posted on that! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter