Winery Suggestions

Muddy Rivers

DIS Veteran
We are staying near Sausalito and would like to take a day trip to a winery - Sonoma/Napa Valley. Most interested in Red wines. Also stopping in Muir Woods on the way.

Does anyone have any suggestions of any that are not too far but still nice to go to.

We saw in a magazine. V.Sattui Winery and Italian Market. Looks like they sell sandwiches etc and have a picnic area as well. Has anyone been here? Is it worth the trip?

Most of the 'good' wineries that we like in Napa are kind of up the road a ways. Rutherford Hills on the Silverado Trail is known for their Merlots, but I love their Cab Savs personally. V Sattui has very nice grounds, and the picnics are decent, but I didn't care for their wines (not that I know much about them/not really a wine snob, just lived near the area for a decade and liked to wander through whenever friends/family came to visit). Mumm's has some great champagnes too. At Rutherford Grill on the 29 there's a wood-fired artichoke appetizer and prime rib sandwiches that amazing and not as pricey as most Napa eateries.
However, if you're staying in Sausalito/Marin area you're closer to the Sonoma Valley which we didn't tour as much since we lived in Solano at the time which is closer to Napa. I'm sure someone else here will be able to give you Sonoma recommendations.

Thank you. We looked at V. Sattui as they seem to have a nice Italian deli to get sandwiches and picnic.

Cline winery in Sonoma is right on highway 37. It is one of the closest wineries to SF/Sausalito. It has beautiful grounds, free tastings, an exotic bird exhibit and the Mission museum. The wines are good and reasonably priced. Their sister winery is across the street and it is good too. Nearby there is Gloria Ferrer for sparkling wine and many other small wineries that have free tasting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter