winkflash vs Snapfish...my results

I use Kodak Gallery (former Ofoto) and Costco which uses snapfish software for uploading. I know, Kodak Gallery is expensive but I like to be able to adjust the picture so that no heads are cut off. Hopefully, I am making sense. You know how sometimes with digital a head will get cut off because it is too close to the top of the frame. Well, with Kodak Gallery you can actually move the frame up or down to center the picture where you want it. I haven't figured out that feature with other online services. And, to avoid paying shipping I wait until they send me a coupon which is almost like weekly.

Tina

OurDogCisco - first, we have a dog named Cisco too and it is even spelled the same. You can also adjust your photos up or down on winkflash and then you would also get the benefit of .99 cent shipping and cheap prints.

I like costco, and you can get the matte finish there (they call it lustre), .17/ 4x6, can't remember offhand 5x7 but it's under $1, and 8x10 is 1.57 or something! I'm printing tons of 8x10's at costco. My other favorite place is Target. I print from Yahoo! photos. They print on Kodak paper, and it always comes out nice, color and everything. The only thing is they only have glossy. Prices for Target are .19/4x6, a dollar somthing 5x7 and 2.99 for 8x10...

1disney25 said:
I suggest www.scrapbookpictures.com. They have both matte and glossy. They are cheap and shipping is $2 flat rate. The photos go on Kodak paper and you can get a variety of sizes and borders. I scrapbook alot and take many photos and they are my # 1 choice!! Good luck :earsgirl:
I checked out scrapbookpictures.com website. I see the offer a surface type of paper called "Metallic". I am curious have you ever choosen that type? If so, what was the difference.
Thanks

yogibigdog said:
I checked out scrapbookpictures.com website. I see the offer a surface type of paper called "Metallic". I am curious have you ever choosen that type? If so, what was the difference.
Thanks

I am also intrigued by the "metallic"... I may try that for some b&w 8x10's...

I use Walgreens. I find their pics come out much better than CVS or Walmart.

I havent tried online ordering yet.

Christmas 2004, I got a new digital camera. I took pictures and had them developed on snapfish, kodak gallery, and shutterfly. Thank goodness when you are a new customer you get free prints. Just for kicks I had each develop the same picture to compare. Shutterfly was too "dotty". Snapfish and kodak were good with kodak being on a heavier paper. But snapfish is cheaper. I had tried to do their photobooks on kodak and snapfish but the process was better on kodak gallery and you had way more options. I've sent pictures to my MIL on winkflash since it's cheap shipping but have not seen the pictures myself.

This is probably a stupid question, but here it goes anyway. Do you have to be a member at Costco to use the photo developing?

I used to have my photos developed at Snapfish but now I use YorkPhoto - same quality, cheaper shipping and best of all --- .10 cents per prints :banana: :banana: I absolutely :love: them. My first order came in 2 days but now it usually takes 3-4 days.

I use Snapfish and my husband works for a local drug store! He is livid that I am too lazy to go in and get them done there but Snapfish is more convenient and I like the quality of the pictures.

Another vote for WINKFLASH. I read an article in a scrapbook magazine almost two years ago - where they did a comparison between WINKFLASH, OFOTO, SNAPFISH, and a 4th company I can't remember. For the price and the quality, WINFLASH got the endorsement of the magazine. I decided to give them a try based on this - and I've been using them ever since. Their service is great, shipping can't be beat, and I've NEVER been disappointed in the quality of the photos. Not too many places where you can order 300 pictures and receive them for 99 cent shipping! :thumbsup2

I also love some of their larger sizes for my scrapbooks - especially the 6 x 8 size.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter