Winner of Most Missed in the World and announcing Best LAND in the World poll!

I never had the pleasure to do Horizons, but clearly (and not just indicated by this poll) almost everyone loved it (which perplexes me why they got rid of it).
Disney has gotten rid of plenty of popular attractions over the years. Why Horizons? I don't recall specifically but it probably had something to do with loss of sponsorship.

Disney has gotten rid of plenty of popular attractions over the years. Why Horizons? I don't recall specifically but it probably had something to do with loss of sponsorship.

Could be wrong, but I'm pretty positive there was an issue with the ground sinking. Was sad to see it go, as it was one of my favorites. 4/7 of future world needs an overhaul IMO.

Adventureland
Asia
Sunset Boulevard
United Kingdom
Japan

Could be wrong, but I'm pretty positive there was an issue with the ground sinking. Was sad to see it go, as it was one of my favorites. 4/7 of future world needs an overhaul IMO.

From the (admittedly not super exhaustive) research I have done, the "sink hole" was just a myth based on the fact they demolished the building rather than just put the new ride in the old building. But apparently it was just because it lost it's sponsorship (Disney did run it for a year and then seasonally after that without a sponsor) and then the new sponsor wanted something different and mission space wouldn't fit in the existing building

Nice bit 'o info and research there, Phil, thanx for the insight! :)

Unfortunately Disney (especially at EPCOT) is very tied to the sponsorships ... it was when the Metlife sponsorship ended (after verbally indicating they were in it for the long haul) that the Wonders of Life Pavilion got shut down ... and then with the financial crisis it was hard to get new sponsors

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter