Winner of WORST attraction in the World and announcing The Most Missed in the World poll!

My list:
1. Adventurers Club - Kungaloosh!
2. Original Journey into Imagination - Dreamfinder.
3. Body Wars
4. 20,000 Leagues
5. High Octane Refreshments - some of the best alcohol drinks on property.

#1. HORIZONS
#2. Original Journey Into Imagination
#3. If You Had Wings
#4. Maelstrom
#5. Wonders of Life Pavilion

Honorable Mentions
Mr. Toad would have made the list, but as long as it remains in California, I'm fine with WtP.
Snow White's Scary Adventures, but 7DMT seems to be more popular... We rode it 10 days before its last ride!
SkyWay to Tomorrowland

This is really hard, but I'm going to list five that I know my DD would love and I'm sad she won't get to experience them. (I've actually shown her YouTube videos of these during some of my more nostalgic moments.)

Horizons
World of Motion
Journey into Imagination (including upstairs playground)
Dreamflight
Wonders of Life Pavilion

I'm calling this my number six so I guess it doesn't count, but I have such fond memories of the Walter Cronkite version of Spaceship Earth. I get the "Tomorrow's Child" song stuck in my head fairly often.

This is really hard, but I'm going to list five that I know my DD would love and I'm sad she won't get to experience them. (I've actually shown her YouTube videos of these during some of my more nostalgic moments.)

Horizons
World of Motion
Journey into Imagination (including upstairs playground)
Dreamflight
Wonders of Life Pavilion

I'm calling this my number six so I guess it doesn't count, but I have such fond memories of the Walter Cronkite version of Spaceship Earth. I get the "Tomorrow's Child" song stuck in my head fairly often.
Oh yes - MISS Tomorrow's Child! Thank goodness (again) for CD's - I have quite a few of the Disney Parks CD's!

1. Adventurer's Club....Kungaloosh!
2. Magic of Disney Animation
3. Off Kilter
4. Body Wars
5. Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (I know it ran its course, but it the trivia nerd in me still thinks it could have been fun with all Disney questions!)

If I'm not too late to count:

1. 20,000 Leagues - how cool is an underwater ride?!? I mean come on, we are in a sub!
2. Snow White (I never opened my eyes because it said "scary" in the name, I need a redo so I can actually see what I missed. P.S. True fact: I was a teenager before I went through any type of haunted house with my eyes opened - what I wouldn't give to know what I missed. BTW, I tinkled on myself the first time I had my eyes open...from laughing so hard.
3. Skyway! Man was that fun!
4. Mr. Toad - I can't remember it very clearly, but I'm fond of all the dark rides, so I know I liked this one too.
5. Original Journey Into Imagination - We never went to Epcot when I was young, MK only - every one is always saying how great this was. My curiosity is peaked.

My list:
1. Adventurers Club - Kungaloosh!
2. Original Journey into Imagination - Dreamfinder.
3. Body Wars
4. 20,000 Leagues
5. High Octane Refreshments - some of the best alcohol drinks on property.

They took High Octane? I now will be boycotting HS

1 - Millennium Village
2 - Mickey's Toontown Fair
3 - Snow White's Scary Adventures
4 - Honey I Shrunk the Audience (not because it was great so much as because it's basically the only thing my brother remembers from his one and only trip)
5 - Studio Backlot Tour (also, not because it was great ... more because it was the last remnant of the days when MGM was a working studio)

5. Original Journey Into Imagination - We never went to Epcot when I was young, MK only - every one is always saying how great this was. My curiosity is peaked.
For those who never got to experience the original attraction, there are numerous videos on YouTube. Here's one:

For attractions I have experienced and remember and loved:

Osborne Lights (Loved this so much...can't imagine Christmas at Disney without them)
Maelstrom (SO GLAD I got to do this a few times in recent years before it went away)

For attractions I experienced when I was about 5 but don't really remember:

Horizons (Everything I see and read and hear about this one...just so sad it isn't there anymore)
The Skyway at MK (I have pictures of my brother and I on this...sigh)
Mr Toad's Wild Ride (I really must go to DL for this!)

Would give just about anything for the chance to do experience those 3 again and actually remember them!

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Cranium Command
Horizons
Journey into Imagination
Tapestry of Nations
World of Motion
Superstar Television

Mickey's Jammin’ Jungle Parade / Jingle Jungle Parade

Looks like I mostly miss old school dark rides

G’day

III

I wish they had never taken the animators away at MGM (Hollywood Studios now). That whole Animators Courtyard was one of our favorite places to hang out. And they had THE best character breakfast -- with Aladdin and Hunchback characters. It was relaxed and fun, the food was great and I will never forget how much time Aladdin and Esmeralda spent with my daughter drawing. That was a great area. That park used to be our very favorite and is now our very least. Other than jamming Star Wars down our throats for their new venture, they have sunk no money in it to upgrade anything. The Great Movie ride is in great need of an upgrade and an expansion. They took out the whole back lot -- which was a great way to relax and see props, etc. -- to put in the stupid stunt show which is now also going. At least they took that dang hat down!

I know it's too late to include in the voting (and probably nobody else will mention it anyway), but the post above made me think of another thing I SORELY miss - the Hunchback of Notre Dame stage show at the Studios.....this was truly Broadway quality entertainment (especially the same person who played Clopin every time I saw it - his voice was PHENOMENAL!!), and it made me cry every time I saw it....and I loved when they had the bell shaped confetti at the end of each show - I'd scoop it up, and bring it home as a souvenir! :)

I know I'm late for the "nomination" process on this one, but my list would have been:

Adventurer's Club
E-Ride Nights
Original Journey Into Imagination
Breakfast at Tony's Town Square
Alien Encounter

I know I'm late for the "nomination" process on this one, but my list would have been:

Adventurer's Club
E-Ride Nights
Original Journey Into Imagination
Breakfast at Tony's Town Square
Alien Encounter

Nice list. First mention of Alien Encounter I think.

The poll is open if you want to go vote in it!

OMG - Jungle Jammin' Parade was horrendous. Very repetitive and cheeky soundtrack. It stuck out like a sore thumb, got in the way of some very important walkpaths, and tainted the overall theme/vibe of a harmonious Animal Kingdom. Just seemed inappropriate for the setting.

So Stitch ran away with this one, as expected. It's shame that - Frozen aside - Stitch is probably the most popular character to come out of Disney since the end of the Renaissance. He needs a better attraction. But at least he's got a place at the Poly.

Anyways, dark clouds dissipate and now we're entering the warm, cuddly feeling of nostalgia! I'm pleased to announce the beginning of The Most Missed in the World poll! So now just pick 5 things from Disney World that you miss the most. It can be anything. An attraction, a show, a restaurant, a store...

For those of you like Jes who may not have a history of Disney where you can really "miss" stuff, feel free to list 5 things that you've heard about that you would have liked to experience. If you never did Horizons or went to the Adventurers Club, but wish you could have, pick them!

Hope you guys like this one. Now get to choosing!

OK Here Goes:

1. Animation Class at Hollywood Studios (Have to bring this back!!)
2. Maelstrom
3. The waterfall in the Polynesian (They did a beautiful job on the lobby, but I loved the sound and smell of the waterfall)
4. River Country
5. "Push" the Tomorrowland talking trash can

OMG - Jungle Jammin' Parade was horrendous. Very repetitive and cheeky soundtrack. It stuck out like a sore thumb, got in the way of some very important walkpaths, and tainted the overall theme/vibe of a harmonious Animal Kingdom. Just seemed inappropriate for the setting.
I couldn't agree more. I have been trapped because of this route.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter