• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Winter Babies

gabbysmom04

DIS Veteran
What kind of Parties can you have for a winter baby? I had a large outdoor party for my DD when she turned one. We plan on having a big party for DS but he will be born in the winter. Thanks for the help!

Let me tell you, it's kind of hard to think of ideas so I'm interested too. Things I've thought of so far:

1. Chucky Cheese
2. YMCA swimming party (only works if they have an indoor pool :) which ours does)
3. Child's gym (My Gym, Gymboree, etc.)

All of these cost about $200 (not too sure about CC though) and so we are saving these for when Dd is much older. For now, we just invite a few friends over for cake, ice cream and games.

We have the same issue w/ our DD. We decided to avoid the problem by taking her to WDW for her b-day every year. No party needed! BUT- if that's not an option--what about a children's museum? aquaruim? pizza parlor (make your own?) Really, anywhere that you would take your kids for an afternoon could probably host a party. We have a paint your own pottery place that I thought about using as a party spot. ALso--kiddie gyms--places where they have "mommy & me" classes- often do birthday parties. I've priced them in our area and most of the places arefairly reasonable-obviously more than a home party but you have no clean-up and the kids won't destroy your house on a cold winter day! Good luck.

thank you for the ideas. my only problem is that we are planning on inviting around 100 people. almost everyone will be an adult so I am not sure some of the childrens places will work. I guess I should have said that when I first posted.

What about seeing about renting a hall and either catering food or making it yourself. You could set up a screen and show some highlights from your childs past year or do a photo collage. Have dinner, cake and let your child open presents. If their birthday is around a holiday do a holiday themed party. If the adults like bowling check out local bowling lanes and check into their party rooms. We have a local pizza place here that has banquet rooms and a few games for kids it is nice to visit with the adults and let the few kids play some games.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter