Winter Discounted and free dining packages

Yes they have had a free dining package last February just can't remember when it came out

I've searched high and low and there is not a single reference on any website of Free dining in February 2017 (at least to US Citizens). Are you looking for a Canadian or overseas discount?

The only promotions that had this year was the Play Stay & Dine, the Summer Meal (1 free quick service), and the regular Fall free dining.

I've searched high and low and there is not a single reference on any website of Free dining in February 2017 (at least to US Citizens). Are you looking for a Canadian or overseas discount?

The only promotions that had this year was the Play Stay & Dine, the Summer Meal (1 free quick service), and the regular Fall free dining.
It was in 2016 either October or November for January to March of 2017 and offered free dining and we took advantage and booked early February 2017 Pop Century Disney world. Just looking out for the same package
Sorry I found our package from last year and we went in January

This was our Package

Special Offer: Play Stay Dine Package Offer
January 7 – January 14, 2017
2 Adults

Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort

Preferred Room

Theme Park Tickets
8-Day Ticket with Park Hopper Option

Disney Dining Plan
Enjoy meals and snacks at more than 100 select Walt Disney World restaurants

Ground Transportation
Enjoy complimentary motorcoach transportation between Orlando International Airport and your hotel with Disney's Magical Express service.

Order total
$2,601.62 USD

Last edited:
It was in 2016 either October or November for January to March of 2017 and offered free dining and we took advantage and booked early February 2017 Pop Century Disney world. Just looking out for the same package

It was not free dining.
You likely booked the "Stay play dine and save" special offer.
That offer is NOT free dining.

This was our Package

2 Adults

Resort

Preferred Room

Theme Park Tickets

Disney Dining Plan

Ground Transportation
Enjoy complimentary motorcoach transportation between Orlando International Airport and your hotel with Disney's Magical Express service.

Order total
$2,601.62 USD

This was our Package

2 Adults

Resort

Preferred Room

Theme Park Tickets

Disney Dining Plan

Ground Transportation

Order total
$2,601.62 USD

Exactly. NOT free dining.
The room only discounts and package discounts for early 2018 will likely come out in the next few weeks.

It was no free dining.
It was free dining.This was our Package

2 Adults

Resort

Preferred Room

Theme Park Tickets

Disney Dining Plan

Ground Transportation

Order total
$2,601.62 USD

It was free dining.This was our Package

2 Adults

Resort

Preferred Room

Theme Park Tickets

Disney Dining Plan

Ground Transportation

Order total
$2,601.62 USD

I will repeat... That is NOT free dining.
Free dining is free dining.
Stay play and dine is not free dining.
BTW you said you went in February but your package details say January.

Last edited:
When do the free dining or discounted packages come out for February 2018. Thanks in advance for the info

This is what I found for last year. I would imagine some kind of discount for this time frame will be out soon. :goodvibes
  • Play Stay and Dine Package. Packages went on sale late September 28, 2016 and were bookable through December 21, 2016 for travel dates between early January – early March 2017. Play Stay and Dine packages typically offer a discount off of the total cost of your package if you stay 3 nights or more and book a dining plan. Savings are usually on average around 15% off total package price.

It looks like the Play Stay Dine was roughly 40% off of dining for Value resorts this past winter (just an FYI). Essentially if you look at the upgrade cost of the Quick service and take 40% off of the price difference, that's what the estimated discount was.

So the play stay and dine has the discount on the upgraded meal plan (if staying at a value resort) but has no discount on the rooms....is that what I'm hearing you say? We are going in Jan 2018 and we are considering the dining plan (not quick service and not deluxe). Haven't had a dining plan since 2009, and I know they are very different. We were originally hoping for a room discount and the adding the dining plan because we are staying at a value resort and didn't want the quick service plan for free dining. This play stay and dine is a package that I hadn't considered. Guess we will have to do the math to see which works out best.

When do the free dining or discounted packages come out for February 2018. Thanks in advance for the info
Last year the Play, Stay and Dine package was announced on September 28th for Disney Visa card holders. I believe it was offered two days later for the general public. We booked then for our trip this past February. Anxiously awaiting as we want to book a trip for mid January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter