Wisconsin/Minnesota DVC Owners

Hello all, Just seen this thread and I think it's great. We live in Franklin, WI and own 100 @ CC, 100 @ Poly, 60 @ VGF and 50 @ AK. We love BCV but can never get in there for a stay. Guess I'll have to just start looking for a small resale. LOL
We live in Franklin too.:wave:

Madison, WI here. 700 pts., all OKW, first bought in '93 and added last contract in 2008. We don't stay at OKW often, usually stay at CC or SSR, but still love the vibe at OKW and will be there in Sept for 2.5 weeks. Fave resort is Aulani. We're odd ducks in that we don't travel in the winter. We visit exclusively in May and Sept/Oct, always staying in a one bedroom. Rental car prices are killing us this trip!

Madison, WI here. 700 pts., all OKW, first bought in '93 and added last contract in 2008. We don't stay at OKW often, usually stay at CC or SSR, but still love the vibe at OKW and will be there in Sept for 2.5 weeks. Fave resort is Aulani. We're odd ducks in that we don't travel in the winter. We visit exclusively in May and Sept/Oct, always staying in a one bedroom. Rental car prices are killing us this trip!

I have heard that rental car prices are THROUGH THE ROOF! What a pain! We have been stalking airfare for January hoping it will come down a bit and will need to figure out an option to get to the resort with MDE gone. We debated renting a car, but are scared to even look at that cost lol.

ALSO, 700 pt?! woot woot! 2.5 weeks sounds lovely lol.

Because of the rental prices we are driving down in December. Will save about $2000 for a 2 week stay by doing it.

250 at BCV & 300 at SSR...we are early owners, paid $68 a point in 2003.
I had the chance in 04' to by in at like $80 something a point and thought it was to steep. Boy what a dummy I am. Can't even imagine how much I would have saved by now with all the trips we've taken between 04 and now. 😭

Minnesotan here. We own at BWV and BLT. Our next trip is at the end of Sept/beginning of Oct for the 50th. We also like to go in Jan/feb, but are going to take a break from WDW for a bit after our AP's expire in Dec.

Minnesota here too, west metro, lake Minnetonka area. We are BWV owners but also enjoy OKW. Stayed at Saratoga, Animal Kingdom (both), Grand Floridian,Bay Lake Tower,Wilderness Lodge vacation clubs but now pretty much stick to BWV.

we too are doing 50th Anniversary Sept 29 to Oct 5. Back for food and wine at the end of October and then Disney Cruise over spring break.

For all those with upcoming trips, are you driving or flying?

If you are flying, where do you prefer to fly out of? Have you secured tickets yet? What airline do you like to fly?

If you are driving, how long does it take you? Do you have specific locations you like to stop on your way down or back up?

If you are flying, where do you prefer to fly out of? Have you secured tickets yet? What airline do you like to fly?

If you are driving, how long does it take you? Do you have specific locations you like to stop on your way down or back up?
We fly out of MSP - we don’t have the time/patience to drive. We have used both Sun Country and Delta but try to stick with Delta if possible. We also always book nonstop flights, even if it is not the best deal. I don’t do connecting flights unless I have no choice.

We fly. We just don’t have that much vacation time! 😀😀😀

We almost always fly Sun Country out of terminal 2. It’s the smaller terminal so it’s easier to get around in and not as many people to deal with.

We fly out of MSP - we don’t have the time/patience to drive. We have used both Sun Country and Delta but try to stick with Delta if possible. We also always book nonstop flights, even if it is not the best deal. I don’t do connecting flights unless I have no choice.

We fly. We just don’t have that much vacation time! 😀😀😀

We almost always fly Sun Country out of terminal 2. It’s the smaller terminal so it’s easier to get around in and not as many people to deal with.

LOL We fly as well and agree I don't have the time and patience for that. We typically fly out of our local airport (La Crosse) although hubby would prefer MSP. We debate it ALL the time. For me its not worth the stress of driving up and back and paying parking during the winter versus just flying out locally. He hates the lay over, but I hate the drive! We also primarily fly Delta and did book our January flights already as I stalk and saw them dip. We did already have one change to our itinerary and Delta said be prepared for more. ::fingers crossed:: the outcome is tolerable.

Flying Delta is usually the way we go for Disney trips. There are typically nonstops available in the $300-400 range, and when I use my Skymiles AmEx I get free bags and a companion ticket, and can do stuff like pick my seat, have a carry-on, pick up good food in terminal 1, arrive on time, actually get my bags, ... I just rag on Sun Country ;)

I'm sure someday I'll consider doing a road trip down there because it would be fun to see the USA in between, and we definitely like road trips, but because of school we rarely have that kind of time if we also want to spend 4-6 days at WDW.

We live in Duluth but typically fly out of MSP on Delta because it’s quite a bit cheaper and the layover in Minneapolis is usually longer than the drive home! But the convenience of being 10 minutes from the Duluth airport, cheap parking and quick security lines always tempts me…

We've been flying the past 15 or so years but when our daughter was small we'd do the drive. One day it occurred to us that we were 'wasting' two vacation days every time we drove, which was adding up to a lot of vacation days, so flying it is. Being in Madison we have a few choices... Milwaukee, Chicago Midway and O'hare, but the past couple of times we've flown out of Madison. Our Madison flights have been on United, for the other three we fly Southwest. When we drove Marietta, GA was our stopping place and then we'd be up early to get through Atlanta before the traffic. I kind of miss the driving trips but not enough to actually drive, haha.

Appleton, WI here. We have owned at Animal Kingdom - Kidani Village since 2010. Next trip is Dec 26 thru Jan 5. Some of us are flying (into Atlanta and out of Tampa) the rest of us are driving. The flyers are son/daughter who live in Eau Claire. Our stopping point is Atlanta, so we decided that they would fly there instead of into Orlando, we would then complete the trip as one big "happy" family.

We are in Eden Prairie, MN and just bought 550 points at Poly (150 direct and 400 resale). We have been down probably 20 times in the last 13 years, so we should have bought a long time ago, but what do you do?

We drove down for the first time when we went last Christmas. It wasn't too bad and I think we stopped in GA somewhere. I agree on the extra two days of vacation though, they can be killer. We usually fly Delta when we fly, since Sun Country gave us a horrible taste when my wife's father passed away while we were at WDW and they would not work with us on the return flight. Trying to get $400 per person after a close family death just turned us away from them forever.

We are in Eden Prairie, MN and just bought 550 points at Poly (150 direct and 400 resale). We have been down probably 20 times in the last 13 years, so we should have bought a long time ago, but what do you do?

We drove down for the first time when we went last Christmas. It wasn't too bad and I think we stopped in GA somewhere. I agree on the extra two days of vacation though, they can be killer. We usually fly Delta when we fly, since Sun Country gave us a horrible taste when my wife's father passed away while we were at WDW and they would not work with us on the return flight. Trying to get $400 per person after a close family death just turned us away from them forever.

Welcome! I agree, we prefer Delta's service.

We did our first Poly stay in July and really loved the vibes :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter