• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WISH Away the Pounds--January 2013 challenge--Everyone Welcome!

I DID IT!
Congratulations! Remember even if you have to go back and do some days over, that is OK! It is about making progress, not getting frustrated and stopping. You are going to be tired and it is going to be hard, but it is doable.

I think the Y is a great place if you are looking to try some new classes. If you join the Y you usually get at least an orientation with a trainer who can show you how to use the equipment. Classes at the Y seem to be very inclusive. There are usually all kinds of abilities in the classes that I take. I am a big fan of pool running in the deep end. And water aerobics might be lots of fun.

Almost everybody who is on this journey started at zero at some point or another.

I did not start out in shape. I was so out of shape in January of 2010. My initial goal was to just make it 30 min on the elliptical without dying. :) I couldn't even do the arms and legs at first, I just had to hold on.

We are all a work in progress. And I do mean work. It is hard work to get in shape. But it is so worth it in my opinion. I really struggle with self image and exercising and running has really helped me with my confidence. Still have issues, but I am getting there.

Again congrats on making that first step! :)

Flossbolna--so glad you like the new format. I have been really pleased, and I am looking forward to a fresh start in February as well!

Finished day 1 couch to 5k. Took longer than the intended 30 min because I had to stop twice in order to stop my heart from pounding out of my chest. That's how out of shape I am but I am not going to dwell on it. Today I am just going to focus on the fact that I DID IT!
As for the QOTD
I think my goals were not realistic but now I think I am coming around to more realistic goals. I am going to see a nutritionist too because my eating habits are not the best. I stay under my calorie allocation but some days I eat only one meal in order to do so. Yesterday was a great example, ate a banana and that was it so I could enjoy dinner out with dh.

Make sure you aren't going to fast. You should still be able to carry on a conversation while running. Not an easy conversation but you should still able to talk.

Can I get a Woohoo for free wifi at the high school ? :cool1: Waiting here for the 8th grade parents night to run its course...DD has to be here for the swim info table and they are predicting freezing rain and I didn't want her to drive home alone. I am so hungry because I ended up not bringing along a meal and I didn't have time to buy anything between the chiropractor, Staples, and picking up DD. I should be home by 8 pm and will sit here dreaming about the salmon burger waiting for me at home! :lmao:

I ended up skipping my workout to fit in a last minute Chiro appointment, but I think it was worth it! Back and neck feel so much better and I think my ear is improving! I'll be able to tell better about the ear in the morning.

Splurged on some Fiestaware dishes at the consignment store today (had 5 extra minutes before my appointment and it is right next door). Three place setting in colors that I don't have that are discontinued, plus a few other stray pieces. I'm excited to get them home and washed and into the cupboard!

Remember the 30 day challenge that Rose was inspiring me to think about? Well I think I've decided on "a plank a day" for the month of February! Just one minute, every day...I can find time for that, right? Anyone care to join me?

Off to talk with the swim girls! TTYL..........P

Remember the 30 day challenge that Rose was inspiring me to think about? Well I think I've decided on "a plank a day" for the month of February! Just one minute, every day...I can find time for that, right? Anyone care to join me?

Awesome! I do "grumble" occasionally about my mile a day, but I am really proud of myself. And when I do need encouragement, my facebook friends are quick to offer it. :) There is something about knowing that you have to schedule something in every single day that is just awesome. I can't explain it, but as much as I want to skip it on occasion, I really am glad I started it on January 1.:goodvibes

This is a great idea! I'm in. I've been thinking I really need to strengthen my core and this is a good way to start. I may even start tomorrow since February is a short month!

Which brings me to the QOTD for Tuesday, January 29, 2013: Do you feel that your weight loss expectations are realistic? How do you think your expectations could be changed to help your success on this journey?

And don't worry this is the last of the deep thinking for my questions this go round and there will be a couple of fun questions to help us finish strong! :teeth:

BBL with replies :goodvibes

I think I am pretty realistic. When I am focused on weight loss I only lose 1 pound a week ... 2 if I am lucky. When I drop more than this, I know the next week it usually bounces back on. I just need to stay on the journey ... this is my problem.

Finished day 1 couch to 5k. Took longer than the intended 30 min because I had to stop twice in order to stop my heart from pounding out of my chest. That's how out of shape I am but I am not going to dwell on it. Today I am just going to focus on the fact that I DID IT!
As for the QOTD
I think my goals were not realistic but now I think I am coming around to more realistic goals. I am going to see a nutritionist too because my eating habits are not the best. I stay under my calorie allocation but some days I eat only one meal in order to do so. Yesterday was a great example, ate a banana and that was it so I could enjoy dinner out with dh.

Hey .... that is AWESOME. :goodvibes When I started running I couldn't go around the track one time! I was SO pathetic. It took me a LONG time to finally jog that mile ... 4 times around the track. So, you got out today and made a difference in your life. I look forward to seeing you post when you get out again! :)

Okay Pam ... I am in. I think I can "plank" for a minute a day. I have weak arm, stomach and back muscles so this will be great for me. And if I put it in writing, I am more likely to do it.

Sorry that I have been away for so long... Weekend was very busy with social events. So not great for weight loss. I know that there are strategies on how to stay within in your limits and I try to not overeat. However, I still ate more than I should have. Some strategies did work, I told my friend who was hosting a brunch for her birthday that I am at the moment trying to lose weight and when she served the food, I could see that my plate had a smaller portion than the other plates. :goodvibes

I am also rather disappointed that my weight loss has more or less stalled despite tracking the food and exercising. I even gained a little bit back, so I am at the moment not at my January goal. I am still hoping that in the next two days the scale will once again jump downwards so that I can finish the January with my goal reached. I keep telling my that even if I don't reach my goal, I am still lighter than I was on January 1st. And I know that the only way to reach my goal is to just continue in February. So I am trying to be excited about starting a new month - and I am glad that I signed up for coaching in the second week as knowing that soon people will count on me does help me keeping focused.

So - for the last three days of January the plan is to stay on track and then start over with a lot of new motivation on February 1st! :thumbsup2

Great attitude! :thumbsup2 I struggle with lbs lost goals as well! So thinking "at least I am smaller than I was x number of day ago" is an important thing for me to remember too. WE CAN DO THIS!

I started c25k a few years ago with the goal of a disney half marathon, and it is a great program. I weight 215 at the time, and ended up adding walk breaks when the run intervals got too long. A disney marathon is an amazing goal, and not to sound crazy, though I am a bit, but they just had the 20th anniversary, and a little disney nut in the back of my head is saying, I should do the 25th anniversary. I've got 5 years to train, right? Maybe I'll see you there.

I haven't been here much, and am almost 1 month down with ww, but am at the point, where I can see things will get more challenging as my weight loss slows, and am going to try and post here more next month because I know how much better I can do when I am more a part of this group.

Try to remember how good it feels when you are losing the weight, or moving more and getting some exercise. Everyone has their ups and downs, and that is a part of life, but you can do what you want to do and reach your goals, so if you want to move more, just get out for a 5 min walk around the block, and if the scale is not moving but you have been on track, think about the non-scale victories you have achieved, maybe you can run a 5k, maybe you're not as short of breath climbing up a flight of stairs as you used to be, or maybe those pants are a little less tight. Falling off track is a part of all of our lives, and getting in back on track, and back in the proverbial wagon, no matter how many times you need to do that, is what will make the difference between those who succeed and those who don't. You can do this!! Believe in yourself and never, ever, give up!!:hug:

Great idea! And it probably will take 5 years for me to in shape enough to participate! :rotfl:

You have some great words of wisdom there! Thanks for the support! And YES! I absolutely do better when I am actively posting too ::yes::

Thanks. I would also like to do a disney marathon but wonder if I will be able too. I am working on keeping the doubt out and my new plan is to set smaller more manageable goals that will eventually lead me to the long term goals. This week it's just three days of couch to 5k which I am sure will kick my you know what. From there we will see. Gotta take it one day at a time.

One step, one day at a time :)

WAY TO GO! :thumbsup2

Which brings me to the QOTD for Tuesday, January 29, 2013: Do you feel that your weight loss expectations are realistic? How do you think your expectations could be changed to help your success on this journey?

No, I do not think I have had realistic expectations and that has ALWAYS been a problen foir me. That is why my real resolution for this year is not to lose weight, not to get to a certain number... but to be happy with progress as it comes, to NOT give up (oh wait, that's not positively framed...), to KEEP GOING (that's better :))! I have used MFP on and off for over 2 years now and looking back today I realized I restart at exactly (I mean exactly) the same weight every time I try to lose weight. I need to make these changes become my lifestyle and that takes the real work, the emotional work. I really am working on this, but I struggle. But I am here so that makes a huge difference for me! (and these QOTDs have really made me examine the way I approach things, lots of work! :) :goodvibes)

OMG people! I did an HOUR on the eliptical today (burned 666 calories, no lie)! That is really amazing for me! I never thought I would be able to (or want to for that matter!)! Plus 40 mins of strength training today. Plus I made it to the Y 2 days in a row! I feel great! I love going to the Y and I never thought those words would come out of my mouth! Think I may try the Zumba class on Sat...

I ended up skipping my workout to fit in a last minute Chiro appointment, but I think it was worth it! Back and neck feel so much better and I think my ear is improving! I'll be able to tell better about the ear in the morning.

Splurged on some Fiestaware dishes at the consignment store today (had 5 extra minutes before my appointment and it is right next door). Three place setting in colors that I don't have that are discontinued, plus a few other stray pieces. I'm excited to get them home and washed and into the cupboard!

Glad to hear that you are feeling better again!!

And I can absolutely understand the excitement about new dishes! I needed a new tea pot and when I found one online I could not resist to order some breakfast mugs, bowls and plates to go with it! I hope it will inspire me to use them for healthy breakfasts - as breakfasts are still my least healthiest meals.

And I would be interested in joining in the "a plank a day" challenge for February - if you could tell me what a plank is! :goodvibes

Good Wed morning.

I am sorry that I haven't been on much this month. I have been reading every day but I just haven't written. I will try to be better in Feb.

I still can't get back into my exercise mode but that is my next step on this journey. My eating has been great but the next step is exercise.

The plank think of a puch up without going up or down. It is yoga move. It strengthens the entire body.

Here is a link to a picture of it.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=341

You could also have your forearms down on the floor instead of straight arm.

One more half day of review and then meetings all afternoon and exams start tomorrow.

Off to get breakfast.

Have a happy and healthy day.

The plank think of a puch up without going up or down. It is yoga move. It strengthens the entire body.

Thanks for the explanation. I just timed myself and after 30 seconds I was nearly falling down. Did not manage to hold it for one minute. This is seriously going to be a challenge for me! But I love it as I can do it as a tiny break in my office. So hopefully by the end of February I am going to look back and laugh at how a month ago I nearly collapsed after 30 seconds. :thumbsup2

Good morning all! :goodvibes

QOTD Wednesday, January 30, 2013: It's Woo Hoo Wednesday! Give yourself a big "woo hoo" for helping yourself to be healthy and share something that you did this week or this challenge to help you with your goals.

BRB with my tardy replies. :blush:

I'm in on the "do something daily" thing - I'm shooting for pushups and/or situps every day, even on yoga days when I know I'll be in plank he**!:rotfl2: The fact that I don't have triceps but a wingspan is encouragement enough! :lmao:

Side note: How the heck do you respond to multiple postings in one reply? :confused3 For the life of me, I can't figure out how to use the multiquote thing...:faint:

I apologize that the day got away from me yesterday and I didn't get back for replies. :flower3: Luckily you guys do a great job of keeping up the chatter! :thanks:

Is this the Activelink at the Y?

Oh I miss read it, seems like it may be a hr monitor? Or similar to a fitbit? I was looking into either a fitbit or a bodymedia armband... Any suggestions?

The ActiveLink is a WW product and tracks activity points. If I wasn't using this I would seriously look at FitBit. There are supposed to be some other things coming out this year that are similar so I would look around at those as well. I think the bodymedia armband technology, if you are talking about what they used on Biggest Loser, has been around for awhile. I am leary of that only because one of the longtime WISHers had some serious reaction to that device because of the current it was sending through her body. :scared1:

So I have attempted to post twice hopefully this time it goes thru. Saw my oncologist today and I am officially 6 months cancer free. :yay: she suggested I start the couch to 5k program or something similar that allows for building up stamina rather than trying to survive an hour or more and then be too exhausted to move for days. She thought I was expecting way too much from my body especially after surgery, chemo, and radiation. Said it can take a year or more so I need to be more patient.

Congratulations on your great report from the doctor! :yay: I'm glad that you had the discussion about what you can reasonably expect as it will make things so much easier for you to know what you can realistically expect. You are still recovering from a serious illness so take care of yourself. :flower3:

As far as patience, I hear you there. I have some issues as well and let me tell you, my mind wants to do all sorts of things but my body says...not so fast chicky.:rolleyes1

:lmao:

Mary•Poppins;47340810 said:
So, on that note .... my goal is "I am proud of the weight I lost this month and plan to lose another 4 pounds next month." :goodvibes

Congratulations on making your goal for January, Fran! :cool1:
I know you will make your goal for February, too.

I try very hard to set my goals to be about what I can control. I don't have a goal of losing x number of pounds because I don't have any control over what the scale shows. But I can control what I eat and how often I exercise so those are where my goals are. I strive to exercise 4 times a week and stay on plan at least 5 days a week.

These are both excellent strategies and a great way to set yourself up for success! ::yes::

Susan, thanks for sharing the info about the rice cooker -- I've always wondered how well those work or if they would just be another gadget stuffed in the closet. :thumbsup2

I am also rather disappointed that my weight loss has more or less stalled despite tracking the food and exercising. I even gained a little bit back, so I am at the moment not at my January goal. I am still hoping that in the next two days the scale will once again jump downwards so that I can finish the January with my goal reached. I keep telling my that even if I don't reach my goal, I am still lighter than I was on January 1st. And I know that the only way to reach my goal is to just continue in February. So I am trying to be excited about starting a new month - and I am glad that I signed up for coaching in the second week as knowing that soon people will count on me does help me keeping focused.

So - for the last three days of January the plan is to stay on track and then start over with a lot of new motivation on February 1st! :thumbsup2

You are not the only person who will be finishing January short of their goal. I think it is wonderful how recognize the great progress that you did make and that you are ready to rock n' roll :rockband: in February. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup2

I haven't been here much, and am almost 1 month down with ww, but am at the point, where I can see things will get more challenging as my weight loss slows, and am going to try and post here more next month because I know how much better I can do when I am more a part of this group.

Try to remember how good it feels when you are losing the weight, or moving more and getting some exercise. Everyone has their ups and downs, and that is a part of life, but you can do what you want to do and reach your goals, so if you want to move more, just get out for a 5 min walk around the block, and if the scale is not moving but you have been on track, think about the non-scale victories you have achieved, maybe you can run a 5k, maybe you're not as short of breath climbing up a flight of stairs as you used to be, or maybe those pants are a little less tight. Falling off track is a part of all of our lives, and getting in back on track, and back in the proverbial wagon, no matter how many times you need to do that, is what will make the difference between those who succeed and those who don't. You can do this!! Believe in yourself and never, ever, give up!!:hug:

Thanks for the great reminders, Kathy! ::yes:: Nice to see you! :flower3:

Being the queen of impatience, and always pushing myself when I know I should back off, I feel your pain. :scared: DO NOT let yourself get run down! Your whole body needs time to heal, especially your immune system. I absolutely agree with Rose, find yourself a great yoga instructor, tell her what you are trying to achieve with yoga, and don't even give a thought as to what everybody else in the class is doing. If you have difficulty with the poses, you can always modify or find a pose that's comfortable for you :cloud9:. I started a year ago and it's taken that long and then some, to be able to pull off some of the poses. There's still PLENTY I can't pull off yet, but I know with patience I will get there. And so will you!:goodvibes

Another one who has recently started adding yoga as cross training and I really like it, even if I am doing lots of modifications. :hippie:

For today remember....."Start the way you intend to go on". If you intend to have a great OP day, then start it right with a healthy breakfast (and a workout if you can fit it right now). Pack your clothes for the gym if you are going later, pack a delicious healthy lunch, take your break time to take a short brisk walk or find a new healthy recipe to try. You CAN do this....you ARE worth it! ........P

Thanks for the great reminder and hope you are feeling better! :flower3:

BRB poof fairy and smilie police are after me. :moped:

Yay for doing the first day of the C25K! :yay:

You may also want to check out Jeff Galloway's program -- the run/walk/run method. I honestly cannot run 3 miles but I can run walk all day long -- 15 miles at a time even. Galloway is the RunDisney training consultant and there is a ton of great information on the rundisney.com site as well as on Galloway's own site jeffgalloway.com

Galloway has an 8 week conditioning program that can be a good place to start before a 5K training program. Here is a link http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/condition.html and a link to the 5K training program http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/5k.html There is a great app for 5K training with Galloway and he walks you through every step.

As you can tell, I am a big Galloway fan. I have been e-coaching with him for over a year and he helped me continue running even after I was injured last year in a fall. I can't say enough nice things about him! :goodvibes:

Thanks - and the funny thing is this morning when I typed that post my attitude was nothing to admire. But actually putting it into words helped me change my attitude a lot!

I truly appreciate how much this group - and participating in it more actively - has helped me to stay on track for nearly a whole month now. I love reading everyone's posts even if I am not good at replying - even to the QOTD which I often miss.

I also love the new set up as knowing that we will start a new challenge thread in a few days really helps me focussing on a new goal instead of being sad about maybe not making my January goal.

And thanks to all the motivation I get from this thread I did manage to get my 5km run in today. I was at the gym and after 20 minutes on the treadmill I realised that I had been running a little bit too fast and started to be very hungry. I do get this sometimes... So I stopped running and proceeded to do my weight training. Doing this did go well and I stopped feeling soooo hungry, so I decided to try whether I could not finish the run after the weights. And I managed to do that by just running a little bit slower. So I am very happy with the exercise I got today - as on top of that are another 1.5 hours of walking (ot work, to lunch and then to the gym).

Good for you for pushing through and creating a new attitude for yourself! :thumbsup2 That was a great workout day for sure! ::yes::

Congratulations! Remember even if you have to go back and do some days over, that is OK! It is about making progress, not getting frustrated and stopping. You are going to be tired and it is going to be hard, but it is doable.

I think the Y is a great place if you are looking to try some new classes. If you join the Y you usually get at least an orientation with a trainer who can show you how to use the equipment. Classes at the Y seem to be very inclusive. There are usually all kinds of abilities in the classes that I take. I am a big fan of pool running in the deep end. And water aerobics might be lots of fun.

Almost everybody who is on this journey started at zero at some point or another.

I did not start out in shape. I was so out of shape in January of 2010. My initial goal was to just make it 30 min on the elliptical without dying. :) I couldn't even do the arms and legs at first, I just had to hold on.

We are all a work in progress. And I do mean work. It is hard work to get in shape. But it is so worth it in my opinion. I really struggle with self image and exercising and running has really helped me with my confidence. Still have issues, but I am getting there.

Again congrats on making that first step! :)

Flossbolna--so glad you like the new format. I have been really pleased, and I am looking forward to a fresh start in February as well!

And speaking of our fresh start for February that thread will be posted later on today. :teeth:

Can I get a Woohoo for free wifi at the high school ? :cool1:

:woohoo: for free wi-fi! And I'll give you guys another :woohoo: for answering the QOTD of the day before it is even posted again! :hippie:

Great attitude! :thumbsup2 I struggle with lbs lost goals as well! So thinking "at least I am smaller than I was x number of day ago" is an important thing for me to remember too. WE CAN DO THIS!

Yes we can! ::yes::

Good Wed morning.

I am sorry that I haven't been on much this month. I have been reading every day but I just haven't written. I will try to be better in Feb.

I still can't get back into my exercise mode but that is my next step on this journey. My eating has been great but the next step is exercise.

One more half day of review and then meetings all afternoon and exams start tomorrow.

Off to get breakfast.

Hi Dona! Nice to see you and thanks for the info on the plank. Some of us have to drop their knees to do their planks. :rolleyes1 There are lots of modifications.

I'm in on the "do something daily" thing - I'm shooting for pushups and/or situps every day, even on yoga days when I know I'll be in plank he**!:rotfl2: The fact that I don't have triceps but a wingspan is encouragement enough! :lmao:

Side note: How the heck do you respond to multiple postings in one reply? :confused3 For the life of me, I can't figure out how to use the multiquote thing...:faint:

Kim, to the right of the "Quote" button is another button with a + on it. If you click it, it will change colors. Click the + button on any post you want to quote and then click post reply when you are ready to reply. All the posts you want to quote will be there. Just be sure each quote starts with the html code that says QUOTE and has the user name and a number and ends with / and QUOTE. I'm sure you'll be a multi-quoting pro in no time! :thumbsup2

Awesome! I do "grumble" occasionally about my mile a day, but I am really proud of myself. And when I do need encouragement, my facebook friends are quick to offer it. :) There is something about knowing that you have to schedule something in every single day that is just awesome. I can't explain it, but as much as I want to skip it on occasion, I really am glad I started it on January 1.:goodvibes

I'm so glad that's your daily mile is keeping your spirit positive!

This is a great idea! I'm in. I've been thinking I really need to strengthen my core and this is a good way to start. I may even start tomorrow since February is a short month!

I started yesterday for practice! I hadn't done a plank in ages and wasn't even sure I could hold it for a minute...but I did! :thumbsup2

Great idea! And it probably will take 5 years for me to in shape enough to participate! :rotfl:

You have some great words of wisdom there! Thanks for the support! And YES! I absolutely do better when I am actively posting too ::yes::

One step, one day at a time :)

WAY TO GO! :thumbsup2

No, I do not think I have had realistic expectations and that has ALWAYS been a problen foir me. That is why my real resolution for this year is not to lose weight, not to get to a certain number... but to be happy with progress as it comes, to NOT give up (oh wait, that's not positively framed...), to KEEP GOING (that's better :))! I have used MFP on and off for over 2 years now and looking back today I realized I restart at exactly (I mean exactly) the same weight every time I try to lose weight. I need to make these changes become my lifestyle and that takes the real work, the emotional work. I really am working on this, but I struggle. But I am here so that makes a huge difference for me! (and these QOTDs have really made me examine the way I approach things, lots of work! :) :goodvibes)

OMG people! I did an HOUR on the eliptical today (burned 666 calories, no lie)! That is really amazing for me! I never thought I would be able to (or want to for that matter!)! Plus 40 mins of strength training today. Plus I made it to the Y 2 days in a row! I feel great! I love going to the Y and I never thought those words would come out of my mouth! Think I may try the Zumba class on Sat...

It makes me so happy to hear that the QOTD is helping you! That is such a big part of why we continue with them!

Woohoo on the workout!

Glad to hear that you are feeling better again!!

And I can absolutely understand the excitement about new dishes! I needed a new tea pot and when I found one online I could not resist to order some breakfast mugs, bowls and plates to go with it! I hope it will inspire me to use them for healthy breakfasts - as breakfasts are still my least healthiest meals.

And I would be interested in joining in the "a plank a day" challenge for February - if you could tell me what a plank is! :goodvibes

New dishes are in the dishwasher, but I'm not sure there will be room in the cupboard for them! I may need to remove some of the colors I don't like as well. I love, love, love my rainbow of Fiesta ware!

Glad to have you join the "plank a day" challenge. I see that Dona gave some great info on plank position. I prefer to do them with my forearms on the floor, rather than in full push-up position. Less stressful on my shoulders, but equally challenging. Just be careful of your form...the idea is to keep your body straight like a plank...no butts in the air!

Good Wed morning.

Off to get breakfast.

Glad to see you! Thanks for the link to help explain a plank.

Don't be a stranger!

Thanks for the explanation. I just timed myself and after 30 seconds I was nearly falling down. Did not manage to hold it for one minute. This is seriously going to be a challenge for me! But I love it as I can do it as a tiny break in my office. So hopefully by the end of February I am going to look back and laugh at how a month ago I nearly collapsed after 30 seconds. :thumbsup2

When I was doing them regularly I could do at least 90 seconds, but I can't remember the last time I did one before Monday! :blush: I was truly trembling by 20 seconds but got my head in the right place and managed to hold a full minute! Hopefully by March a minute won't be a struggle. :thumbsup2

QOTD Wednesday, January 30, 2013: It's Woo Hoo Wednesday! Give yourself a big "woo hoo" for helping yourself to be healthy and share something that you did this week or this challenge to help you with your goals.
:
I really stepped up my workouts this winter and even managed a few double workout days this month! Exercise is the thing I struggle with the most, so this is a true victory for me....so woooohoooo for me! :cool1:

Looking forward to you joining the plank a day group!

BB in a few minutes!..........P

Kim, to the right of the "Quote" button is another button with a + on it. If you click it, it will change colors. Click the + button on any post you want to quote and then click post reply when you are ready to reply. All the posts you want to quote will be there. Just be sure each quote starts with the html code that says QUOTE and has the user name and a number and ends with / and QUOTE. I'm sure you'll be a multi-quoting pro in no time! :thumbsup2[/QUOTE]

Thanks Lisa!:love: (Ok, still don't have it but I'll keep trying...):rolleyes2

QOTD: Since I gained back everything I lost last week :scared1:, I'm paying extra attention to what I eat this week, especially since my workout schedule has gone down the drain. However, all is good as by this time on Friday, I'll be walking my butt off at :smickey:!!! :banana::cool1::woohoo:

Ok everyone! Two more days! Two more days is probably not going to make a huge difference in your numbers for the month, but it is two more days to make good choices and to set yourself up for a fabulous February!! :)

Setting my mile a day goal for January AND posting it on fb every day really kept me motivated this month. I was miserably miserable when I came back from the marathon. But I had made a public commitment and honestly at first the fear of failing (yet again) was the kick in the pants I needed. I know I am not a failure, but I was not feeling very good about things when we got home. I was frustrated and disappointed about so many things. I have since gained some well needed perspective, and I am HUGELY proud of myself for sticking with my commitment to myself. It kept me on the wagon when I just wanted to sit in the dirt and cry.

So woohoo to me, for being here. For meal planning. And for exercising! :)

Ok everyone! Two more days! Two more days is probably not going to make a huge difference in your numbers for the month, but it is two more days to make good choices and to set yourself up for a fabulous February!! :)

On this next to last day of the month, let me give YOU a big WOOHOOO for starting us off on the right note this year with our new challenge format! :flower: Thank you!!

Setting my mile a day goal for January AND posting it on fb every day really kept me motivated this month. I was miserably miserable when I came back from the marathon. But I had made a public commitment and honestly at first the fear of failing (yet again) was the kick in the pants I needed. I know I am not a failure, but I was not feeling very good about things when we got home. I was frustrated and disappointed about so many things. I have since gained some well needed perspective, and I am HUGELY proud of myself for sticking with my commitment to myself. It kept me on the wagon when I just wanted to sit in the dirt and cry.

So woohoo to me, for being here. For meal planning. And for exercising! :)

No crying allowed!! Glad you were able to be PROUD of yourself... because we are proud of you!!

Happy Wednesday friends! Crazy morning here. Up and out for high school swim practice at 4:50 am .... and then DH called at 5:15 while we were driving to let us know that there was a 2 hour delay for school (due to some icy roads)! DD called coach, but since we were all already on our way, she decided to go ahead with practice. I never got called to work, so I stayed on the TM for a full 60 minutes, plus a 5 minute cool down and a 5 minute stretch. I haven't showered yet, as I am going to do some free weight work after I say good-bye here. I did a good 5+ miles including my cool down time this morning, alternating a fast walk and with fast running bursts.

So after our Y time we headed back home (after driving our carpool friend home... 20 minutes out of the way :headache:), had some breakfast (mmmm... greek yogurt with blueberries!) and a bit of extra rest and relaxing. Then we headed out again at 9:40 for school. And now I am home until 2:40 with plenty to keep me busy!

If any one else is interested in doing the "plank-a-day" challenge with me for February, just let me know! There might be prizes involved for those who complete the challenge! ;)

Ear/vertigo is feeling all better today. Chiropractor did some facial massage to help with any sinus stuff going on, which I think really helped. Although I must say that I can feel a bit of sinus pressure going on today that is new, so I need to nip that in the bud! My goal for this winter was go not have my "annual" sinus infection! I managed to take care of the infection that was brewing before Christmas without a doctor visit or any antibiotics.... hope I can do that again!! Tempted to take a bath today instead of a shower so I can sit and breathe the steam for a bit.... sounds like a good excuse to relax, right??::yes::

Never made it to the grocery last night, so the fruit and veggie bins are nearly empty. I will make myself some roasted sweet potato for lunch and finish up yesterday's chicken soup. I have two slightly limp red peppers and two onions, so I will also cook those up along with my last handful of baby spinach to go with eggs for dinner. And I will take out the last few apples that need to be used up to make a small batch of applesauce for the kids. After that we will be totally out of produce! I will hit Costco and the market while DD is swimming tonight. (Wait....I'm lying! I just checked and I have one grapefruit and 4 white potatoes left!! So the kids get roasted potatoes with their eggs and I have an afternoon snack! :lmao:)

Time to be productive! TTYL................P

Good Morning Everyone!

It's been a great month! I made my goal and I'm so proud if myself. I'm looking forward to February BL. Also, I am definitely in for the " plank a day keeps the fat away " challenge :)

- Melinda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter