WISH Away The Pounds ~ Marvelous May ~ All are WELCOME!

Sending good thoughts for your daughter. Maybe just having a more low key trip would be cool for a change. Ours was like that last time and it was really nice.

Seems like everyone is doing good, particularly with either 30DS or Holiday planning/packing.

Well, I'm finally done with my 'days away'!! Meetings all behind me, stuck to the diet pretty good, made good lunch choices from the buffet and ate lots of fruit.

Went to the gym straight after work tonight and did 40 mins on the treadmill, doing the Galloway walk/run thing.....quite enjoyed it actually. Must remember to put my iPod in the bag next time though!!

Then it was straight to slimming class, where I discovered that I am down 5.5lbs (over 2 weeks as I missed last week), so achieved my 3 stone (42lb) award with lbs to spare. I also got my exam results this morning - passed with 71% so well happy!!

Good luck with your personal challenges....and please can we have some more pics of the kitties?????

OH my gosh! Congrats on losing ANOTHER 5+ pounds! You are on a roll... and good job on passing the exam!!

Sadly I still haven't started yet. We had field day yesterday and being in the sun and the heat all day wiped me out. I came home, showered and took a long nap.
I hope to do it tonight after the kids go to bed. I just need to do it. Once I start, continuing will be easier.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards

It is pure physics.... "a body in motions tends to stay in motion" and all that jazz. The more time I take off of formal exercise, the less I want to do it.So you are RIGHT.... once you get started, the easier it will be. BTW, I will be thinking of you and DS while I'm at Disney this weekend! It was so wonderful to meet you there!:hug:

Eliza-- you are 'bloomin' like the 'lil' english flower you are...

quotd--either way. These sound like wonderful people. Sometime I sense my great grandparents around--it's rare but they have a lot of people to keep track of lol.

And of course-- you ask for kitty pics, you get. Here's what I like to call Misty pileup:

In the backyard:

I could eat up that little grey tabby!! And the tattoo is adorable. I took art/ oil painting classes when I was about 13 y/o and choose for my "final" painting that same kitty!! (Sure, most folks were doing still life with fruit and flowers.... but I chose a Disney kitty... of course! ;) ) I've still got it somewhere.

QOTD: I would take our Ipad only because it has doubled as our camera for the past year and I have not downloaded any of its pictures :) Plus we could communicate with family quickly! :) All our apps are on there :)

Great practical idea!

CONGRATS Eliza!!! 5.5 pounds in 2 weeks is AWESOME!!! Way to go on the exercise, too!!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Pjlla! Praying for your daughter! Not good to start Disney feeling low, but that nice sunny weather should really help clear up those sinuses!

Thanks for the prayers. Just got a text from the chiropractor that they can fit us both in this afternoon as well, so we should be feeling much better by this time tomorrow!

Love the kitten pictures, I'll have to post some of our feral cat's kittens, they are 6 weeks old now, we have them all trapped in our garage trying to get the mom to come out, she's been in there 5 days but will not play with us..the kittens are great..found a shelter who will spay/neuter them all and find homes for the kittens we can release the mom once she is spayed...we have 4 more feral cats we are trying to catch...sigh

So wonderful of you to take care of these kitties and to take steps to prevent more of them.

I am so excited about weighing in tomorrow! I know I've lost some more from my 3 pound loss last week, hoping to be that much closer to 180s! I have about 2.5 weeks to get my goal of 185...YES!! :) Shaved 3 minutes off my 5K time...that was awesome!! :)

Fingers crossed for you that tomorrow's weigh-in is what you are hoping for.... and congrats on taking off the 3 minutes!!

Wow, lovely kitty pictures. Misty looks like a very tolerant mum with all of that climbing going on!!

Ducked out of zumba tonight. Can't seem to get warm today, so having a hot bath, a baked potato with cheese for tea, then an early night.

One more day at work then it's a long weekend as Monday is a public holiday here. Am planning for the gym again on Saturday morning but probably no bike riding as the wind here is horrible at the moment.

Back with my WI tomorrow morning............

We have a holiday on Monday here as well. That is why it was a good weekend to take DD away. We will be able to spend 4 days at Disney with just one day away from school. :thumbsup2

YEAH.... I'm caught up. I've kept a notepad by my side all day and continue to add to my last minute packing and last minute to do lists! I don't have to leave the house until about 1pm tomorrow, so I should have plenty of time in the morning to do anything last minute. But of course, the chiropractic appointment tonight will eat into any "extra" evening time I had. Oh well... DD and I really need it! Gotta get our necks and backs manipulated into shape so they can get thrown OUT of shape on Rockin' Rollercoaster!:rotfl:

Had some white sugar carbs last night (gave into headache temptations) and paid for it with a .2 gain on the scale this morning. My lack of exercise lately seems to be the only explanation I can come up with why the scale just isn't budging lately. So obviously, after my trip I will be back on track and back on the TM!

I've got one last errand to run tonight other than chiropractor and swim practice. I cannot find my pedometer that I took to Disney the last time.... which makes me sad because it was a really good one (Brookstones) and it was already set to my stride. I bought one at Target yesterday, but don't really like it so I am hoping to stop at a sporting goods store tonight for a better one.

I made my eggplant and sundried tomato spread again this past weekend and have been trying it with different things and it is so yummy! I think I posted the recipe on the BL recipe thread, but if I didn't, I'll do so asap. Today I had it spread on slices of turkey rolled around light string cheese. Earlier this week I had it on a toasted low carb pita topped with some melted light cheddar.

Okay..... off for now!............P

Good afternoon!!! Been busy. However I did find a camera cable and now I am working on my nature pics and all that jazz. I am still new to all of this.

Here is a pic of my first poppy flower. I planted these seeds LAST spring and then forgot what they were. :rotfl: They stayed alive almost all winter outside. I took it in for a little while though. Here you go! This is actually from my phone. I finally figured out how to crop and save.

Poppy2013_zps350017c1.jpg

How pretty!!! :goodvibes

Seems like everyone is doing good, particularly with either 30DS or Holiday planning/packing.

Well, I'm finally done with my 'days away'!! Meetings all behind me, stuck to the diet pretty good, made good lunch choices from the buffet and ate lots of fruit.

Went to the gym straight after work tonight and did 40 mins on the treadmill, doing the Galloway walk/run thing.....quite enjoyed it actually. Must remember to put my iPod in the bag next time though!!

Then it was straight to slimming class, where I discovered that I am down 5.5lbs (over 2 weeks as I missed last week), so achieved my 3 stone (42lb) award with lbs to spare. I also got my exam results this morning - passed with 71% so well happy!!

Good luck with your personal challenges....and please can we have some more pics of the kitties?????

Wow, you are doing so well! And congratulations on your exam results! Well done!

Sadly I still haven't started yet. We had field day yesterday and being in the sun and the heat all day wiped me out. I came home, showered and took a long nap.
I hope to do it tonight after the kids go to bed. I just need to do it. Once I start, continuing will be easier.

Hope you manage to get started! I agree, starting was the biggest step!

And of course-- you ask for kitty pics, you get.

Aww! They are so cute!! Are you going to keep them or are you going to find homes for them?

I am so excited about weighing in tomorrow! I know I've lost some more from my 3 pound loss last week, hoping to be that much closer to 180s! I have about 2.5 weeks to get my goal of 185...YES!! :) Shaved 3 minutes off my 5K time...that was awesome!! :)

Hope you will have a great weigh in!! Sounds like you are doing really well!! :thumbsup2

OMG..... I just saw my countdown timer!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOOOOO!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Have a fantastic trip!!

And Pamela, thanks for the advice about how being tired can cause hunger. I think that was really the case for me with the jet lag. My body was feeling tired because it was still used to the different time zone and I had a nasty head cold on top of that. I am feeling a million times better now and suddenly my eating is much more under control again. Unfortunately napping during work was not really an option! :rotfl2:

----

Just finished my 30DS for the day. I think even though it is still a challenging workout for me, I do see that I am better at it this time around then when I was first doing it. So that is at least something!

I am thinking about signing up for Weight Watchers again. I used it quite a lot for previous weight losses, but then I think I got to the point where I got to good at "gaming the system". But I see that they changed their program to a certain degree since I last used it and am thinking that something new will keep me more accountable. Also, they now have an iphone app, so I hope that this will make tracking easier. I am a bit tired of tracking, but I also know that's the only way I can lose. So hopefully shiny new toys will give me the boost I need!

ahhh Jillian 30 day shred...thank you been wondering. i will have to look at that and make that a goal to do sometime soon in my future!

this has not been a banner week and i expect the scale will be unkind tomorrow. i've stayed on tracke with my workout schedule, but oh my i'm aching. i'm trying to cut my steroid dose down too and it adds to the aches. anyone here had belly surgery, more specifically mesh for a hernia? message me if you don't want to post publically. just looking for timeline of when this and that feels better ::yes::

TGIF!! tomorrow is a mani/pedi Groupon with my DDs that we gave them for christmas. and just in time for summer...i'm so ready for a pedi!!

Good Friday morning everyone.

It is rainy and yucky here in jersey. It is supposed to be this way until Sunday morning. Lucky me, I get to work on a deck tomorrow morning in the rain. IT is either then or Monday and I don't want to go Monday. Sunday is my niece's graduation party. She graduated yesterday and thanks to modern technology I got to see her get her diploma.

Question of the Day

(in honor of Pamela leaving for DW)

What is your favorite park? WHY?

Have a happy and healthy day.

Morning losers!

Pleasantly surprised to have the scale inch downward just a smidge!

QOTD: love them all of course but DHS is my fav for the atmosphere, sci-fi and 50s PTD, ToT
And RnR. A very close second is MK

Good morning all! :goodvibes

MysteryMachine, your poppy picture is beautiful! :flower3:

Congratulations, Helen, on your milestone achievement at Slimming World and passing your exam! :yay:

30 day shred by Jillian Michaels.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards

Be sure and pick a time when you aren't wiped out to do it because it is hard! ::yes:: I'm taking a little hiatus for a few days myself because it was making my knees hurt and I have a half marathon on Sunday. I will have to do some more modifications when I start it up again on Monday. No worries! Jillian will always be there waiting to kill us. :rotfl2:

Susan, thanks so much for coaching! :flower3: Very interesting, thought provoking questions! ::yes:: The kitties are so cute and your tattoo turned out amazing! :cool1:

QUOTD Thursday 5/22

In face of an impending disaster which possession would you try to save? Photo albums don't count or pets, we'll assume all loved ones are ok.

For me--top of my head--my purse I guess, that or my glasses lol.

I would try and grab some of the original artwork that we have that was done by DH's sister who passed away in 2002 -- we are keeping it for our nephew.

Good morning everyone.

I am sorry that I haven't updated the front page. I will be doing it tonight. I have been busy every evening this week. I only have yoga tonight so I will be doing it after school.

No worries! :hippie: Thanks for hostessing this month! :flower3:

Safe travels and have a wonderful time at WDW, Pamela! :smickey:

:woohoo: A new decade and a new PR! Way to go! :yay:

I am thinking about signing up for Weight Watchers again. I used it quite a lot for previous weight losses, but then I think I got to the point where I got to good at "gaming the system". But I see that they changed their program to a certain degree since I last used it and am thinking that something new will keep me more accountable. Also, they now have an iphone app, so I hope that this will make tracking easier. I am a bit tired of tracking, but I also know that's the only way I can lose. So hopefully shiny new toys will give me the boost I need!

Magdalene, I have problems with eating when I am tired too. :hug: We should just give ourselves permission to take a rest when we need it.

I track almost exclusively on my iPhone for WW. The tools are very easy to use. I also have the ActiveLink which has taught me I have to be active every day -- not just on training days. :blush: It does also help to have that accountability of standing on that scale every week and watching that little graph of your progress do it's thing. I'm not losing at lightning speed but then I never do but it is slow and steady losses over time. And we have Pamela for a WW resource, too. :teeth:

Molli, congrats on your loss! :yay: Especially since you thought it might not be a good week. You can do this!

I had a maintain this week so I need to step it up if I'm going to hit that very ambitious goal I set for myself this month.

I'm running a half marathon on Sunday so that should shake things up a bit.

It is rainy and yucky here in jersey. It is supposed to be this way until Sunday morning. Lucky me, I get to work on a deck tomorrow morning in the rain. IT is either then or Monday and I don't want to go Monday. Sunday is my niece's graduation party. She graduated yesterday and thanks to modern technology I got to see her get her diploma.

Question of the Day

Dona, maybe you can spread a tarp over the deck to work on it. You are such a good aunt! :flower3:

Favorite WDW park is Epcot. It has so much to see and do. But my truly favorite park in all of the world is Disneyland. :love: Because it is the park of my childhood and the park where I worked -- it truly is my homepark. :tink:

Have a great day all and good luck with those weigh ins!

And Pamela, thanks for the advice about how being tired can cause hunger. I think that was really the case for me with the jet lag. My body was feeling tired because it was still used to the different time zone and I had a nasty head cold on top of that. I am feeling a million times better now and suddenly my eating is much more under control again. Unfortunately napping during work was not really an option! :rotfl2:

You're welcome! Sometimes just KNOWING why you can't seem to stop eating helps!

----

Just finished my 30DS for the day. I think even though it is still a challenging workout for me, I do see that I am better at it this time around then when I was first doing it. So that is at least something!

DO IT!!

ahhh Jillian 30 day shred...thank you been wondering. i will have to look at that and make that a goal to do sometime soon in my future!

this has not been a banner week and i expect the scale will be unkind tomorrow. i've stayed on tracke with my workout schedule, but oh my i'm aching. i'm trying to cut my steroid dose down too and it adds to the aches. anyone here had belly surgery, more specifically mesh for a hernia? message me if you don't want to post publically. just looking for timeline of when this and that feels better ::yes::

TGIF!! tomorrow is a mani/pedi Groupon with my DDs that we gave them for christmas. and just in time for summer...i'm so ready for a pedi!!

Sorry you had a lousy week and aren't feeling 100%. Hope you get some relief soon. Have a nice time with DD's getting your toesies done!

Did they Skype the graduation ceremony? That's neat!

Question of the Day

WOOOHOO.... I'm in the QOTD again!! And double woooohoo.....look at my countdown timer! It says "CONGRATULATIONS"! I've never seen it say that before!

Favorite park.... easy one.... Magic Kingdom. It was the first one I ever saw (and the only one at the time). It feels the most special and magical to me. I would truly travel to Florida just to spend a day walking around MK... no rides even necessary! We always save our last full day for MK.... it just feels "right" to end our trips there. I could ramble on, but I won't!

Happy Friday everyone! Anyone know why I am having an especially happy Friday?? :rotfl: I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count!!:lmao:

Yup.... I'm flying the friendly skies to ORLANDO, FL today!! Not nearly ready, packing not done, I'm not showered or shaved or prepped.... but I'm GOING!

Scale fairy smiled on me today and I FINALLY saw a number that was a bit lower than I've seen in a while (but just a bit). It made my day start well and that is enough for now! Hope the Scale fairy is visiting everyone! (I wonder if she is friends with Tink??)

Still have laundry to do for a few things that need to get into the suitcase. And beds to make.... and dishes to wash... but I'm not going crazy. The men probably don't care if the house isn't immaculate.

We pick up DS at school about 1pm and head to western MA to pick up DD on her field trip and then drive to RI. DH and DS will drop us off and head to my MIL's for a visit on their drive back to NH while DD and I get ready to fly!

In typical fashion, I have now bought TWO pedometers to replace the one that I like that I couldn't find.... and of COURSE, opened a drawer to pull out my travel journal last night and sitting right next to it is my PEDOMETER!:sad2: Figures! My original pedometer still seems to have battery power, so I'm hoping to use it and return the two that I bought. I'll just have to clip it on and walk on the TM for a bit just to be sure it is still calibrated properly.

Planning to stick with my OP eating right up until I board the plane tonight....then all bets are off!:rotfl: No.... truly... I try to eat well when I can on vacation, but don't stop myself from enjoying some treats. In fact, I enjoy the treats MORE when I know I've started the day with a healthy OP breakfast and such. That being said, since I KNOW I'll be indulging in carbs this weekend, I made steel cut oats on the crockpot last night for breakfast today and enjoyed them with a bit of REAL brown sugar! YUMMY!

What have I packed to eat on vacation you ask??? Well.... our new "custom" is that I make blueberry muffins for DD from my MIL's recipe. After I make them I freeze them solid and then vacume seal them. She enjoys one or two with a cup of cocoa in the morning. I also bring along fruit cups (packed in juice of course) for us both. I bring along instant hot cereal for me. I brought cream of wheat last time, but didn't love it so this time I found an instant irish oats with apples and cinnamon that sounds good. I also bring instant coffee and green tea bags plus shelf-stable coffee creamer packets. I pack it all up in a electric kettle along with spoons, napkins, and disposable paper hot cups. We have breakfast in the room every morning.... saves money and time and is a nice healthy start to the day!

Okay.... off to do laundry. I'll pop on later to say good bye!........P

Ugh - had a long post and it got blown away! No time to retype so just a quick one now.

Pamela - have a great trip!
QOTD - Magic Kingdom - you can't beat stepping onto Main Street and looking down to wards the castle - especially if you manage to get in early with not too many other people. And I could watch (and sing along to :rolleyes1) Wishes every night...

Scale inched down another pound today! Was hoping for 2 but that's OK. Only down 1 this month, but down 3 in 2 weeks since Chicago. Hoping for a big week to reach my goal.

Have a great day all!

Down 1.6 pounds! I am betting I can be in the 180s next Friday! Need a loss of 2.5 to get it done! Lost 3 last week so I know this is doable! Ripped in 30 and 5k training are whipping me down into shape! Only 33 pounds to see 150s on the scale!

OhMom, my mom had the most extensive mesh surgery ever completed by the top surgeon in Memphis..she has nothing but mesh covering her entire torso...11 hour surgery...it took her 3 months to feel 80 % better and another three to have little to no pain..that might help you know yours should feel better soon!:goodvibes

Favorite park is Magic Kingdom!! Love the nostalgia of trips as a child :)

Ugh - had a long post and it got blown away! No time to retype so just a quick one now.

Pamela - have a great trip!
QOTD - Magic Kingdom - you can't beat stepping onto Main Street and looking down to wards the castle - especially if you manage to get in early with not too many other people. And I could watch (and sing along to :rolleyes1) Wishes every night...

Thanks so much!

Scale inched down another pound today! Was hoping for 2 but that's OK. Only down 1 this month, but down 3 in 2 weeks since Chicago. Hoping for a big week to reach my goal.

Have a great day all!

WOOHOO!

Down 1.6 pounds! I am betting I can be in the 180s next Friday! Need a loss of 2.5 to get it done! Lost 3 last week so I know this is doable! Ripped in 30 and 5k training are whipping me down into shape! Only 33 pounds to see 150s on the scale!

Another WOOHOO!

OhMom, my mom had the most extensive mesh surgery ever completed by the top surgeon in Memphis..she has nothing but mesh covering her entire torso...11 hour surgery...it took her 3 months to feel 80 % better and another three to have little to no pain..that might help you know yours should feel better soon!:goodvibes

Favorite park is Magic Kingdom!! Love the nostalgia of trips as a child :)

Okay.... nearly ready to zip up the suitcases! I'm showered and shaved and just need a dab of make-up on my face. My bed is made, but I don't think I'll have time to do the kids' beds. oh well.

Hopefully I'll have a few minute to pop on while I'm waiting at the airport.... and I just read that Southwest has free wifi on the flights now....YAHOO!

TTYL......................P

I am down a lb which is suprising because since starting my Low Carb Life I've not really "cheated" but this week I had one medium slice of buffalo chicken pizza with ranch on regular pizza crust -- OMG it was like heaven to eat real pizza crust.. but I'll take it..

Rainy and yucky here in Maine too! supposed to be like that all weekend - blah for the holiday but oh well I guess we have Monday off so I can sleep in!

Pamela - Have a great trip with your DD !! (Duh like you won't) Hope you'll post some pics of the yummy treat you have and your pedometer works fine for you!

My fave park is the Animal Kingdom - I love to start my day with Breakfast at the Tusker House, shop in the Mombasa Marketplace and I could just ride the safari and walk the Pangani trail back and forth all day.. Nothing makes me happier then being in "Africa"! Here is a few of my fave pictures, hope no one minds

Question of the Day

Well, we only go to Disneyland. But I guess my favorite 'land' would be Adventureland. Indiana was down when we were there and I was just thinking last night we need to start planning our next trip 'cause I miss it. I didn't even tell my husband it was down until we got there it's so huge for us.

Floss--yeah we're keeping the kids...our reasoning-- there's plenty of kittens out there needing homes for others.

Down a pound this week. Had a really rough week-- if it weren't for you guys keeping me grounded--I don't know. Back on my 10 mg's of prozac-- tried doing 5 the last week and a half or so-- wasn't pretty.

QOTD - Favourite Park...well..........guess it's Magic Kingdom because it really is 'Disney' to me, it represents the Disney I grew up with on the TV here in the UK.

Question of the Day

My favorite park is Epcot. I love the rides and World Showcase. All the yummy food doesn't hurt, either :thumbsup2 I have to say that Magic Kingdom does have a very special feel to it. I guess it's all that "magic" that I do not feel at the other parks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I've been pretty much MIA since last weekend. I always seem to be crazy busy at the end of the school year. I haven't had much time for exercise either and that disappoints me. I'm going to try to catch up this weekend, though.

It was 89 and humid Mon-Wed and it's 47 right now. My furnace turned on! Come on. That's our crazy PA weather. We have a freeze warning tonight, too. It's going to be some chilly soccer games in the morning. Last week I was sweating in a tank top and capris, and this week I will be in my winter coat & a blanket :confused3

Anyhow, it's so great to see lot of people having success on the scale. It's so encouraging! I think I need to start another personal challenge (like the 30 Day Shred) so it keeps me on track. And, I have to avoid sugary treats. Birthdays did me in this week and I just could not resist cake. I am also looking for more 5k's to sign up for.

I'm going to run and watch a movie with DSs and try to squeeze in another workout. I already did the elliptical, but when I added up my minutes for the May exercise thread, it came to 666 minutes. :scared1: I thought I better do some more to change that number! :lmao: So, I'll check back in tomorrow. Have a great night.

Jill

Good evening all! I'm at the airport with DD! Flight scheduled to leave at 8:05 so just enough time to say hi and bye!

Drive to pick up DD was long but no traffic. Flight from there to the airport was sluggish, but we arrived just 15 minutes later than planned. So far I only thought of one thing I forgot (my GPS) but NBD.

I was so hungry when we got here and hadn't had time to pack sandwiches for dinner, as I had planned, so we choose to eat at Quiznos. I had a nice veggie sandwich with some cheese and guacamole on crusty rosemary bread! My first piece of REAL bread in a long time (or so it seems ;) ). Yum! I have a sweet treat along for the flight, but I promised myself I wouldn't break into it until we are airborne. I've got coupons for adult beverages as well, so I might indulge with just one, to celebrate!

Starting line up for flight, so I'll say goodbye for now! Not sure about wifi at the hotel, so no promises...............P

Woohoo for mobile hotspot in the air! That's all! .............P

ETA: watching live webcam of Wishes on iPad while flying to Disney! How cool is that! 10:13 pm

Have a great trip!!

My fav park??? Ummm not sure I can pick a fav...
Forgot to weigh this morning but has been a HORRIBLE week so I am sure it is not going to be pretty. Saw my orthopod today....we are talking a second surgery on my wrist to remove the hardware and manipulate the joints to break up any scar tissue and stretch tendons to see if I can regain movement :(. I see one of the other partners on Tues who specializes in hands to get his thoughts....I can't even imagine starting from square one again.
I'm going to need to go into hiding so I don't eat my way through this stress! :)

Great to see the success everyone is having! Keep up the great work...

Sorry to vent :(

Pamela, hope you and DD are having a blast at the Happiest Place on Earth! :smickey:

Dang! I hate that poof fairy. :mad: pixiedust: for you for a big week to make your goal -- you can do it!

:woohoo: You are on fire!

Congrats Michelle on your surprise loss! :cool1: I love your AK pics!

Well, we only go to Disneyland. But I guess my favorite 'land' would be Adventureland. Indiana was down when we were there and I was just thinking last night we need to start planning our next trip 'cause I miss it. I didn't even tell my husband it was down until we got there it's so huge for us.

That would be a bummer to miss Indiana Jones. And you also go to DCA, Susan. ;) Hang in there! :hug:

QOTD - Favourite Park...well..........guess it's Magic Kingdom because it really is 'Disney' to me, it represents the Disney I grew up with on the TV here in the UK.

That Disney park that you grew up on tv with may very well have been Disneyland. ;)

Jill, the weather you are having sounds conducive to some rest, which might be just the ticket! You are an exercise machine! :cool2:

Jen, I'm so, so sorry that your road to recovery has not been a smooth one. :flower3: I'm sure you are frustrated and ready to give up. Hang in there! :hug: There is nothing wrong with treading water while you deal with this.

I'm doing a local half marathon tomorrow so I'm not sure when I will be back here.

Enjoy your holiday week-end all! :goodvibes

Pamela is at WDW!! :woohoo:

Tara -- thank you for the response...wow that was an extensive surgery for her! does she still feel like she feels corners/edges?

well my pedi didn't happen. i was so bummed but put on the Mom smile face. we had to run an errand for oldest DD 'on the way' which took us roundtrip over 2 hours out of the way and we didn't realize would take so long. so at my insistance that we did our Just Dance workout prior to leaving/showering...we ended being 45 mins late for our 90 min time slow and had to give up one service. they were gracious enough to allow me to schedule my pedi for another day but not until June 12! momma's gonna have to do some home pedi in the meantime my feet are not flip-flop pretty! but my nails look nice :teeth: i was speeding and stressing and it was not enjoyable. lesson learned

i'm really trying to encourage my oldest DD to embrace healthier choices..she's gained a lot of weight since moving out. we do Fitbit together and she said she'd do the 10k training schedule with me....but she's not truly committed and only doing some/half of the walks. it's so hard to watch her struggle, but i know until SHE makes up her mind to do something ..it's just not going to happen. and it makes me sad ;( if anyone has experience encouraging their young adult children (21) without crossing the lines of smothering please chime in.

anyhow...nice brisk morning here in Ohio...going to buy mulch then get my walk in at the local trail.

have a great LONG weekend everyone!!!

and dona -- never worry about being behind in this...your efforts are very appreciated and we all understand that life happens!

are you all still in need of coaches for June? i just had some plans finalize so let me know if i can help

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter