WISH Away the Pounds Outstanding October Challenge -- Everyone welcome!

I normally have a 200-300 calorie breakfast, a 100 calorie snack, a 200-300 calorie lunch, another 100 calorie snack and then supper is whatever I have left for the day, sometimes I have 500, some days I have 200. I work with it!
I need to really work on eating a bigger lunch or finding better snack options for the afternoon. I always feel starving!

Kinda quiet here today.

Got most of what I needed to do for WW done today, but not everything, as the computer system was giving me fits (not unusual). I have already decided to skip work tomorrow if they call. I am not yet packed, still have laundry and housework I need to finish before I leave, and have two FB yard sale meets pending.

Tonight's dinner was YUM-TASTIC! Thanks to some inspiration from bigsis1970 I made vegetarian low carb stuffed zucchini. It was so good! I chopped up about half of the zucchini I had scooped out, 2 MSF veggie burgers, onion, a bit of tomato, garlic, parmesan, and some mozzarella. Stirred in some fat-free refried beans as extra protein and as a binder and stuffed those zucchini full! Put a bit more mozzarella on them at the end and......so delicious! I did have to pulse the mixture through my food processor a bit (before adding the rf beans) to mix it up and make everything just a bit smaller. I also made a batch of homemade applesauce today which was our side dish. YUMMMMMMY dinner tonight! My tummy is happy, as are the men! (Ok.... truth be told, DS did NOT eat the zucchini.... just the filling... oh well :rolleyes2 ).

Hope you all are well out there! Looking forward to having this Halloween candy GONE tomorrow night!....................P

Yay! My low number for the month was still there this morning :teeth:

Kinda quiet here today.

Got most of what I needed to do for WW done today, but not everything, as the computer system was giving me fits (not unusual). I have already decided to skip work tomorrow if they call. I am not yet packed, still have laundry and housework I need to finish before I leave, and have two FB yard sale meets pending.

Tonight's dinner was YUM-TASTIC! Thanks to some inspiration from bigsis1970 I made vegetarian low carb stuffed zucchini. It was so good! I chopped up about half of the zucchini I had scooped out, 2 MSF veggie burgers, onion, a bit of tomato, garlic, parmesan, and some mozzarella. Stirred in some fat-free refried beans as extra protein and as a binder and stuffed those zucchini full! Put a bit more mozzarella on them at the end and......so delicious! I did have to pulse the mixture through my food processor a bit (before adding the rf beans) to mix it up and make everything just a bit smaller. I also made a batch of homemade applesauce today which was our side dish. YUMMMMMMY dinner tonight! My tummy is happy, as are the men! (Ok.... truth be told, DS did NOT eat the zucchini.... just the filling... oh well :rolleyes2 ).

Hope you all are well out there! Looking forward to having this Halloween candy GONE tomorrow night!....................P

Pamela, your dinner sounds delicious! Have a wonderful time with your DS in Orlando and enjoy MineCon. :cool2:

It is quiet here today. I know Amanda said she was ready for the November thread and I'm sure it will be posted soon. :goodvibes

Good morning all! :goodvibes:

It seems like just yesterday we were starting this challenge and today is the last day. I will be taking WI numbers all day so feel free to PM them anytime. I'll even take them over the week-end.

Be sure and check out all the pretty colors on our participant list -- lots of lime green folks there! :woohoo: Congratulations to all our participants for sticking with this challenge through the whole month. :flower3:

QOTD Thursday, October 31, 2013: Was your October a trick or a treat? Did you learn anything that will help you with your goals for next month and the rest of the year?

Congratulations! :yay:

I'll be back later with my answer to the QOTD.

QOTD: Definitely a treat! I lost a lot in my first month, September. So I wasn't expecting much this month. I actually ended up losing exactly 10 pounds. I'm down to 159 this month! I know tomorrow's weight may fluctuate back up to 160, but I actually hit the 150s!!! I'm over the moon.

Now where is the November sign up????

I leave on a Disney cruise in 16 days, so I'm not holding onto the hope of losing 10 more pounds in November, but I will definitely shoot for 5. I can do that!

Hope everyone had a great October! See you in the November thread (if we get one).

Glad to have ended this crazy month down 4 pounds. Nowhere near my goal of 10 but every little bit counts and that's 4 fewer pounds I'll have to carry around a half-marathon course next Saturday. :) :cool1:

Kinda quiet here today.

Glad it was DElish.. have a great trip!!

QotD -- for me Oct is always a trick because of the treats -- I have soo many birthdays that it feels as if I am eating out, eating cake , having some sort of food type party (I have 6 Birthdays!) so I am just happy when I can maintain - that said I did manage to recommitt to the atkins style and lose weight in the last few weeks of this challenge... Hopefully by Nov will be more balance.. I do plan on starting to do "my" AB workout and attend a jump rope- hula hoop class on top of my Zumba class hopefully it works like i want it too!

Happy Halloween Friends.. I'll be passing out tons of candy - I live in a moblie home park -- hope those little buggers take it all !! haaa

WOOHOO!!

Pamela, your dinner sounds delicious! Have a wonderful time with your DS in Orlando and enjoy MineCon. :cool2:

It was and we will!!

It is quiet here today. I know Amanda said she was ready for the November thread and I'm sure it will be posted soon. :goodvibes

I'll probably miss the start of it unless she posts tonight, so save me a seat!!

Good morning all! :goodvibes:

It seems like just yesterday we were starting this challenge and today is the last day. I will be taking WI numbers all day so feel free to PM them anytime. I'll even take them over the week-end.

Be sure and check out all the pretty colors on our participant list -- lots of lime green folks there! :woohoo: Congratulations to all our participants for sticking with this challenge through the whole month. :flower3:

THANK YOU so much for being a great hostess!!! We all really appreciate it!

QOTD Thursday, October 31, 2013: Was your October a trick or a treat? Did you learn anything that will help you with your goals for next month and the rest of the year?

It was mostly a treat. I managed to lose a bit and will (hopefully) end the month within my maintenance range, rather than above it! I learned that no matter HOW LONG I've been on this journey, I still need to make a conscious effort every single day to eat right and exercise!!

QOTD: Definitely a treat! I lost a lot in my first month, September. So I wasn't expecting much this month. I actually ended up losing exactly 10 pounds. I'm down to 159 this month! I know tomorrow's weight may fluctuate back up to 160, but I actually hit the 150s!!! I'm over the moon.

WOOOHOO !! That is so exciting!!

I leave on a Disney cruise in 16 days, so I'm not holding onto the hope of losing 10 more pounds in November, but I will definitely shoot for 5. I can do that!

Hope everyone had a great October! See you in the November thread (if we get one).

Hopefully the cruising pounds will leave as quickly as they will arrive!!

Glad to have ended this crazy month down 4 pounds. Nowhere near my goal of 10 but every little bit counts and that's 4 fewer pounds I'll have to carry around a half-marathon course next Saturday. :) :cool1:

That's some positive thinking! Four gone, never to return!!

THANKS! Getting excited now!

QotD -- for me Oct is always a trick because of the treats -- I have soo many birthdays that it feels as if I am eating out, eating cake , having some sort of food type party (I have 6 Birthdays!) so I am just happy when I can maintain - that said I did manage to recommitt to the atkins style and lose weight in the last few weeks of this challenge... Hopefully by Nov will be more balance.. I do plan on starting to do "my" AB workout and attend a jump rope- hula hoop class on top of my Zumba class hopefully it works like i want it too!

Happy Halloween Friends.. I'll be passing out tons of candy - I live in a moblie home park -- hope those little buggers take it all !! haaa

Be sure to pass it ALLLLLLL out! Don't leave any at home to tempt you!

I wish I could find something fun like that jump rope/hulahoop class! That sounds great!! Enjoy it!

Happy Halloween everyone!! Another busy day at home here today. Ran my errands this morning (and of course, it took waaaay longer than planned because of COURSE the prescription had an issue...:rolleyes: ). Home to make a nice hot lunch for DH and myself, since it is trick-or-treat tonight and we won't be sitting together for a meal.

Gotta get packing for tomorrow too. SO much to get done today! Plus, of course, I cut my finger cleaning the blender this morning and it is hard to type with a big bandage on my right ring finger....:rolleyes2 so I'll return later when it stops bleeding and I have a few minutes to chat!.............P

]My October was a treat! It was so nice to log on everyday and read about every's progress, I am really hoping someone does November thread!! I was 1 pounds from my goal for this month, and I'm okay with that! I still have next month and I will keep working hard!! I hope everyone has a great and safe Halloween!

My October was a bit of a trick but mostly treats. The trick was I did not lose what I was hoping to lose this month. The treats were lots of NSVs and keeping up my activity level even when I was on the injured list. And, of course, hostessing the challenge this month! ::yes::

:woohoo: You are going to have such a great time on your cruise. :sail: A new decade will be yours for sure before you go.

The November thread should be up any time so keep yours eyes open. :magnify:

That's like a bag of sugar, Cam! :woohoo: You'll do great on your half for sure! :thumbsup2

Hmmmm... Is there a November Challenge thread yet and I'm overlooking it?

Nope, but it should be posted any time. :goodvibes:

Wow! That is a lot of birthdays! Congratulations on your loss this month. :cool2:

WOOHOO!!

I'll probably miss the start of it unless she posts tonight, so save me a seat!!

It was mostly a treat. I managed to lose a bit and will (hopefully) end the month within my maintenance range, rather than above it! I learned that no matter HOW LONG I've been on this journey, I still need to make a conscious effort every single day to eat right and exercise!!

Excellent, excellent point, Pamela! :thumbsup2

We will definitely save you a seat. ::yes:: Have a great time with your DS this week-end. :goodvibes

]My October was a treat! It was so nice to log on everyday and read about every's progress, I am really hoping someone does November thread!! I was 1 pounds from my goal for this month, and I'm okay with that! I still have next month and I will keep working hard!! I hope everyone has a great and safe Halloween!

Great job on your loss this month! :yay:

I will still take your PMs and update your colors so no worries if you haven't sent your final number yet. I know the November thread will be up any time now. :cool2:

I had a great time hostessing this month! A big WATP to all our coaches and particpants. I thank you all for making this a great challenge!

QOTD~October was a trick for me. I started off so well, then it went downhill. I am ready for November and hope to make it a great one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Halloween!

I hope everyone is enjoying their day. Safe travels to Pamela and your son. Have a great weekend :)

My sons are done trick or treating and I am trying my best not to eat too much. So far, I've had a mini York peppermint patty and a mini 3 musketeers. I think that's all for me today! DS7 went as a ninja and DS10 went as Bobo from the tv show Finding Bigfoot. He loves that show and was a pretty good Bobo the Bigfoot hunter. It rained the whole 2 hours, but at least it was warm (around 60). We've actually trick or treated in the snow and also in 80 degree weather before. Thank you western PA weather :lmao:

I am going to get going and look at the recipe thread and on Atkins for some low carb recipes. I hope to see everyone in November. Do we have a host yet?

Jill

Within 1 pound of goal for October is terrific! I'm so glad you enjoyed being here with us every day!!

My October was a bit of a trick but mostly treats. The trick was I did not lose what I was hoping to lose this month. The treats were lots of NSVs and keeping up my activity level even when I was on the injured list. And, of course, hostessing the challenge this month! ::yes::

Leave it to you to keep it POSITIVE! :thumbsup2 I am impressed with your activity level, despite the injury. How is it feeling, now that you are allowed to do more??

We will definitely save you a seat. ::yes:: Have a great time with your DS this week-end. :goodvibes

We are at "T minus 22 hours"! I printed our boarding passes earlier, the suitcases are mostly packed up, my carry-on is mostly loaded, the camera battery is charging, and things around the house are mostly under control.

Great job on your loss this month! :yay:

I will still take your PMs and update your colors so no worries if you haven't sent your final number yet. I know the November thread will be up any time now. :cool2:

I had a great time hostessing this month! A big WATP to all our coaches and particpants. I thank you all for making this a great challenge!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for being such a great hostess! These groups/challenges/whatever-you-want-to-call-them wouldn't be possible without all of our lovely hostesses and coaches!!

Evening all! Well.... the rain has definitely hampered the trick-or-treating and it looks like I might end up with a BIG bucket of candy leftover...:eek: Slightly less than 1 hour to go, but in the last hour I've only answered the door 4 times. :sad2: Plus I think our neighborhood is kind of "finking out" on the whole thing. When my kids were little virtually EVERY house kept their lights on and gave out treats.... but the last few years it has been fewer and fewer houses with their lights on. A few neighborhood kids were the last ones here and they told me that the neighborhood was pretty dark and sad tonight. oh well.

I PLAN to put the remaining candy in the freezer (except for the Starburst.... they don't freeze well). For the most part I can forget it is there, but it is nice to have a treat to pull out for DS once in a while. If he doesn't like the kind I bought, I will save it for Robotics season. Those kids are ALWAYS hungry!

What's that you say? You want to know how I'm going to handle the traveling/eating/theme park foods/convention center foods situation this weekend? Well.... I'm glad you asked! I've been giving it some thought. Here's what I've come up with so far....

Friday night dinner: Pack it at home and eat at the airport. It will save both calories and money.... and our little airport here in NH doesn't have anything too exciting any how. And if I pack up a few "special" things (like a WW 2 point bar for myself and a bit of Halloween treat for DS) it will seem like a splurge.

Sat/Sun/Monday breakfast: We are staying at a Hilton Garden Inn and will receive free cooked-to-order breakfast all three mornings (thanks to DH's Platinum status with Hilton Honors :woohoo: ). I see veggie egg white omelets and lots of fruit in my future!

Sat/Sun lunch: This will be where it will get tricky. I will have to play it by ear. If I have room in my suitcase I will be bringing along some healthy snacks, since we have a fridge and microwave in the room (a few apples, a few cheese sticks, microwave popcorn, pretzels), but I have NO idea what (if anything) I'll be allowed to bring into the convention center (although I did search the OCCC site and there was NOTHING about no outside food). I'll eat my snacks whenever possible and make the best possible healthy choices otherwise. Try to stick with lean protein sandwiches (turkey or ham) and remove some of the bread, maybe salad if it is available and not terribly expensive, water, water, water.

Sat dinner: We will save our cash and our calories for treats at IOA. Since we've never been, we have NO idea what is there, but if the WWOHP is open for us, we definitely plan to share a butterbeer! If possible, I will have a few 'in room' snacks before we head to IOA, to curb my hunger.

Sunday dinner: This is our "bit of Disney" night. We haven't totally decided exactly where we are going and where we will eat. We would like to check out the new AoA resort, but I'm not sure if we will eat at the food court. Would also like to make a stop at DTD and take a monorail ride (to get as close to the "magic" as possible without actually stepping into a park). I"m sure there will be some food splurging this evening, but it is part of the "plan" so I'm okay with that.

Monday lunch: Will probably end up being airport fare or maybe something we grab along the way. I know the Orlando airport has LOTS of food choices and even some pretty healthy ones, so I think we will be okay there.

Monday dinner: We will be HOME by then. I plan to make something tomorrow to throw in the freezer. Then DH can pull it out Monday morning and I can toss it in the oven when we get home and hopefully have a hot, healthy, homecooked meal on the table by 6pm!

Exercise: Since we will be right out straight with convention hours, IOA hours, and our Disney time, I don't plan to try to fit in any "formal" exercise, but you KNOW there will be a boatload of walking involved this weekend. I will get tomorrow's mile in after I drop DS at school at 7:15 and then hit the shower and finish packing.

SOOOOO.... how does that sound? Any other ideas or suggestions? I am not going to worry too much about carbs or counting Points, but I will do my best to make SMART choices whenever possible and still enjoy a few treats along the way... cause this is real life, right??

Off to finish folding laundry!.......................P

Originally Posted by lisah0711
QOTD Thursday, October 31, 2013: Was your October a trick or a treat?
not sure whether I want to say "whew" October went fast or can I have a couple of more days - I just might make my goal :rotfl2:

I am very happy to have "by the scale # today" lost 2 lbs -now my positives for the challenge - I journaled on Myfitnesspal for 31 straight days :woohoo: - I logged 8k steps per day even on the days I didn't want to - cuz, I committed to this challenge :flower3: - my highest # on the scale this month was my lowest # last month :cool1: - my rings are loose, I can't see my cheeks by just looking down, I survive when my stomach is "growling" AND hanging out with this group of "losers" has been an absolute delight! :yay::thumbsup2:yay:

It has been good to get back into the mindset of discipline - especially with a cruise coming up - followed by the holidays. So, that being said, I'll be looking for the sign-up for Nov :cheer2:

Originally Posted by pjlla
I learned that no matter HOW LONG I've been on this journey, I still need to make a conscious effort every single day to eat right and exercise!!

wise words from pjlla that I say ditto -ditto -ditto too!!!

my unexciting news from this day ...I need to have a root canal & new crown done, at least I can squeeze in the 2 appts needed before the cruise but will be glad when the appt is done next Tues - cutting off the current crown, root canal & impression all in one appt - there will be calories left for that evening to enjoy a glass or 2 of vino!! medicinal purposes of course :rotfl:

Thanks everyone for all your posts - it has been a "treat" for me this month!! and special thanks for the weekly coaches and the great QOTD

Hi everyone! I don't know where this last week and a half or so went, but wow it *really* went! I did not make the best food choices, for sure, and I'm looking forward to getting myself back on track as we careen toward the holidays...

Oh wait, there's that Food & Wine trip coming up next week!! DH and I leave next Thursday morning and come back Monday evening, and we're both running the Wine & Dine half marathon on Saturday night. That'll offset some of the Food & Wine indulgences, but I know I'll need to watch it so I don't go overboard after the race!

Hope everyone's having a great Halloween - we had tons of trick or treaters, as usual, and then the rain came. Light sprinkles, but enough to pull some kids back in. Now that it's stopped, they're back out! I think we'll have enough candy. My indulgence has been Bottle Caps - my most favorite non-chocolate candy...

Definitely planning on keeping up with the November thread, although I may plead amnesty on catching up for the days we're at WDW!

XO
Liz

Just popped in to say that if there are no volunteers to set up Nov then I'll do it. Will check back later

Am a bit sad - my October really wasn't a treat at all. Today I weighed in at 100 grams over my start weight for October. And that after seeing at least a little loss last week finally.

Ah - well, there is nothing to do about it anymore besides hoping that November will be better. But that starts with a lot of stress with moving house, then there will be my birthday, two weekends with visitors and a weekend at my aunt's. Not a good month for weight loss. And today I woke up to a sore throat. So I am really not very happy right now.

Anyway, I better go and sign up for November. Maybe with a tiny goal so that I have a chance to finally be lime green again!

Just wanna say that the November challenge is up and ready! I've officially made the move, but wanted to make sure everyone else is ready to go!......P

A big thank you to our hostess and all the coaches from this months challenge! It wouldn't have been possible without you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter