WISH Away the Pounds Outstanding October Challenge -- Everyone welcome!

Hi everyone , just a quick update this morning. Bandit went very quietly I am sure he was tired of fighting - he never wiggled or cried to get out of his box when we brought him into the vets and just laid right down on the cushy blanket on the vets table. They let us pay up front and had us in a room with a side door so we could just exit without anyone seeing us.. it was peaceful and I was a wreck but it was the best decision for him. My Hubs and I stayed there talking and petting him till the Vet said he could no longer hear anything and then told us stay long as you want but I said few more tearful goodbye words then bolted I just couldnt' be in the room one more second longer (I did feel bad when I booked it out the side door as a lady was getting into her car and I was a blubbering mess when I came out of that door but Oh well) Hubs stayed for about 5 more minutes.. then we went home.. we'll get him back in a few weeks and he can sit on the shelf in the livingroom with Copper.
Amanda, Lisa, Cam, Jamie, Kimberley, Rose, both Jenn's, Elizabeth Jill and Linda you have no idea what you kinds words mean.. I appreciate every one of your comments.. thank you.
I summed it up pretty well last night on facebook when I said "Thank you Dad for picking Bandit to be mine he and I were a perfect fit right till the very end" as you see my dad picked out 2 kittens that day so long ago - Bandit the black and white one and Sammie the orange and white striped one, my sister tried to get Bandit as she was still living at home and my Dad said "oh no this little black one is for your sister " I don't know how he knew but he just did, Thanks Dad!
hope everyone has an amazing day I'll be doing my best as today is my DS 17th Bday .. I just can't belive my baby boy is that old!

I am still getting caught up from these last few days....

Well - that sux about your loss.:sad:

I cried all the way thru reading your posting.

hang in there -

Ladybug says "ARF!":hug:

Kris

Hi everyone, just here for a few mins to ask you all to think of me around 4:30pm EST today as I have to put my beloved cat Bandit down.. :( he is 16.5 yrs old (83 in human years) and while I think I've done my best by him it's tearing me apart that he has been getting sicker over the last 6ish month.. he has a large tumor on his left hind side and last night it started to ooze a bit. knowing that there isn't anything the vet can do we made the hard decision to let him go across the rainbow bridge and join our Beagle Copper.. I do feel badly for the hubs but at this moment I am having a HUGE all about me pity party because I've had Bandit for almost as long as my DS (who turns 17 tomorrow) I hate when people say cats are different then dogs when it comes to loyality, because Bandit wasn't like that all - he really wanted to always be right beside me or on top of me even.. he used to like to sleep right on my side (think of laying on your side with a cat right down your shoulder to your thigh!) he also still just follows me around and lays right under my feel every chance he gets . he was a human lover - well a me lover and has been right to the end..

Rest in Peace little Buddy - love all the years we had together and I will be soooo very lonely without you..

I am so very, very sorry for this. He was very lucky to have you and you him. I can't even read your whole story right now because I'm at school and don't want to cry.:hug:

Michelle, I'm so sorry. I had to have my darling boy put to sleep in August. It broke my heart. People who say cats are different only say that because they're not lucky enough to understand them. We adopted two new cats from a rescue, but no one will ever take the place of Angus. Never, never, never. You'll be in my thoughts as you help your darling boy over the rainbow bridge. I never thought I'd be able to do anything like that, but my husband was away and Angus and I did it together. It was a great honor to see him off. I will always have cats, but I believe totally that Angus was my one great love.

:hug:

Another cat lover!! It is always heart-breaking when we lose one, but I think we've all been through it, right? Sorry for your loss.

Hi all! A brief intro. I started typing it on my phone yesterday and totally petered out. I couldn't do it. Too big of a time commitment.

I'm Jamie. I turned 37 at the end of August. I'm married, have three great kiddos and a houseful of pets (1 dog, 3 cats, 1 turtle and 2 guinea pigs). I've been over weight my entire life, but thanks to a lot of therapy, I'm finally getting my head straight about my weight and what I have to do to actully lose weight.

I'm doing a hybrid program right now which is Weight Watchers Simply Filling coupled with a little bit of my own brand of magic.pixiedust: If it works, I'll share it. If not, back to the drawing board.

I've been recommitted since July and have lost 8 pounds, by my scale (less by weight watchers, of course). I had a little bit of a bad stretch last week and bounced up a couple pounds, but I'm working on sloughing that off. My daily goals are 40 minutes of exercise/day and 64 oz water/day. I do have an ultimate goal, but I'd really like to be down fifteen additonal pounds by the end of the year. We'll see if that happens.

As I alluded to above, I've kind of been working on my own hybrid plan that's incentive based, which works well for me. I'm kind of excited about the prospect of it working, so that's keeping my head in a good place right now. I need to be very careful to not let little slip ups mean I go off program for long amounts of time. That's my biggest downfall!

I would truly LOVE to hear about your hybrid plan! I created my own hybrid WW/South Beach style plan a few years ago and it worked great!!

I'm sorry about your kitty Michelle. :hug:

Exciting news for the day--we now have a washer and dryer at our apartment. We only went about a week without one, but holy cow it got old fast! Really enjoying doing laundry. :)

I need to think about the QOTD.

WOOHOO for laundry! Sometimes it is the little things in life, right??:thumbsup2

Good evening!!!!!:yay: I'm going to join you all again!! It has been too long!! It is so great to see so many familiar "faces" here and it has been way too long since I've been here.
I'm Kathy, 49 yo, single mom to 11 yo boy Mike, and 2 year old dog-daughter, Poko. I guess I could blame Poko for my lack of time for the dis since we got her almost 2 years ago, but I can also thank her for her help in keeping me moving and walking for the past 2 years so I guess it evens out.

I've been a yo-yo dieter for years, and done these challenge for quite a while. I started the year at 226, rejoined ww and was down 33 lbs, but put back on about 7 over the summer, and now am getting back on track, and am back into ONE-derland for the freaking last time, I swear.

I'm a run/walker too, and was lucky enough to do the princess half in 2011 where I met Lisa and some other wonderful WISHers and am going back in 2014 and can not wait!! I will also be turning 50 on the Tuesday after the princess half and my goal for this year is to lose 50 lbs by age 50, so I pushing for 5 pounds a month.

I have to take ds to taekwondo now, but will come back to catch up with everyone!! Yay!!!:yay:

I literally CHEERED here in the classroom upon seeing your name!!!!!!!!! :yay: I am SO SO SO SO HAPPY to see you here! You have been truly missed my friend!!! And I'm a terrible friend for not sending you a PM or text to let you know I've been thinking of you!!

And if you are officially in ONE-derland, I owe you LUNCH!! I would love to plan to get together soon! I'll drive down your way, since my schedule is probably much more flexible! Please let's plan this!!

And of course... WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!

Okay..... 2nd graders due here in 6 minutes and I haven't received any plans yet!! Guess I better go hunt them down!........P

Sorry, somehow I seem to lack time this week, I feel like I am missing a lot of the chat!

Welcome to all the newcomers! Seems like we will be a big group this month! Excellent, I always love it when there is lot of chatter to read here!!! :goodvibes

Michelle, I am so so sorry for the loss of Bandit! He sounded like a lovely cat who deserved his very special place in your heart! :hug:

---

I have big news to report!!! For the first time this century I saw a 6 as the first digit of my weight (measured in kilos, not pounds!)!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I weighed in at 69.7 kg this morning. However, since we do have a holiday here in Germany today (our national day: reunification day - today 23 years ago East and West Germany reunified), I slept in and stepped on the scale later than usually. And since I figured out that this can make some difference, I am not counting it as my "real weight" yet. But it should give me a lot of incentive to try and stay somewhat on plan over the next few days when I travel to Switzerland for a friend's 40th birthday. Already walked to the train station where they have a money exchange office and got some Swiss money: it is crazy colourful!! And now I am going to walk to a friends house where we are going to meet up with a few girlfriends. It is a brilliant sunny autumn day here and in the end I should end up with 2 hours of walking today!

Have a great day everyone!

Here are the winning strategies you'll need!

Winners Set Small Goals

Winners Take Breaks and Timeouts

Winners Are Proud of Themselves

Winners Take On New Challenges

Winners Keep Score

Winners Are Part of a Team

Winners Make It Fun

Which brings me to the QOTD for Thursday, October 3, 2013: Do you have all the winning strategies covered? Or do you have one of your own that should be added to the list?

I think personally I need to add "Winners listen to their bodies" .... the past couple months I have overdid it in some fashion and then I lose a couple days trying to recover.

yesterday QOTD -- i'm re-committing to my food journal like others are :dance3: and today is day 3. whew. day 3! seriously I usually don't get any days in a row, just days here and there. DH and I have to check in at health fair next month and how we score can mean dollars off our health insurance premium; well i'm teetering between obesity/overweight BMI so I really need to keep focused and drop a few before this so I can cleanly and without worry be in the overweight BMI. which, btw, I have not been in for over 3 years!

Michelle -- my biggest and most heartfelt sympathies and :hug: to you in your loss of Bandit. He was blessed to share his life with you who clearly loved him so much!

:welcome: HippieChickie :thumbsup2 to join PM your current weight and goal to Lisa (quoted above) and then every fri send her a PM with your weekly WI (weigh-in)

so good to see some returning faces that are familiar to me!! HELLO!!!

I gotta make this a GREAT month, i'm counting on losing 5 this month and next to be down 10 before the holidays. so, i'm off to dust off the WATP dvd this morning, sounds like more fun than a usual walk outside. it got hot and humid here again :crazy2:

I'm a little behind. This is a busy thread!

Michelle: I'm so sorry for your loss of a sweet family member. Keep your happy memories of him!

QOTD WEDNESDAY: My commitment is to continue my walking of 4 miles a day on days I don't work. My goal for last month was 60 miles total. I did 61. This month, the goal is 70. Walking is a great way for me to enjoy me-time, thinking time. Or, if my husband comes along, it's great uninterrupted chat time.

QOTD THURSDAY: I try to keep in mind all the "winner" tools as I go throughout my day. My biggest problem is being proud of myself. When I started the healthy goals in September and had lost 10 lbs, I couldn't see where it was coming from because the body looked the same. Now, 14 lbs gone, and somehow, it magically has come from all over me. I actually feel so good about my body. Clothes fit better, and my shape in tighter fitting clothes is much nicer. Starting to feel proud and can't wait for another 14 lbs to come off!

Next time you see me, ask me if I've journaled today. ;)

Kudos to you, Cam, for being so on with your tracking. I love my e-tools, especially the mobile e-tools, to help me keep on the straight and narrow. Let us know how you are doing! :thumbsup2

As I alluded to above, I've kind of been working on my own hybrid plan that's incentive based, which works well for me. I'm kind of excited about the prospect of it working, so that's keeping my head in a good place right now. I need to be very careful to not let little slip ups mean I go off program for long amounts of time. That's my biggest downfall!

Sounds like your plan is a success for you, Jaime, that is what it is all about! :cool2:

I am recomitted to tracking my food. If I do that, I stay pretty good, but when I don't, blech.

My WW leader is very fond of saying "track only on the days you want to lose." :hippie:

Exciting news for the day--we now have a washer and dryer at our apartment. We only went about a week without one, but holy cow it got old fast! Really enjoying doing laundry.

Enjoy that clean laundry, Rose! :laundy:

Good evening!!!!!:yay: I'm going to join you all again!! It has been too long!! It is so great to see so many familiar "faces" here and it has been way too long since I've been here.

:woohoo: It is so good to see you here, Kathy!

Yep, we had a great time at the Princess in 2011 and are doing it again for Princesspalooza 2014! princess: :yay: You are one of the people I think of when I say I've made lifelong friends thanks to WISH! :love:

Lisa... I see Cam agreed to host the challenge, but I don't think we have quite decided what it will be. Is a mile-a-day challenge too boring??

Whatever the group decides is fine with me. :hippie:

Qotd - this one is perplexing me because I have a long commute and I won't be able to make it home before the sun goes down much longer. I know I can break out the treadmill but I loathe that thing and I see myself making excuses. One alternative is doing my run / walk down where I work. That could be a nice change of pace for the workout. As for eating my goal is less caffeine, less diet coke and more water!

I think your idea of changing your running time and location is a great one -- it's always fun to do something new. :cool2: I live to the north, too, and it is a challenge for sure.

Congrats on your bargain! :thumbsup2

I wanted to pop in to share this recipe. It's for oven baked fries. We had them for dinner tonight and they were REALLY good. I'm sure I didn't use the 4tbsp of oil they called for.

http://www.annies-eats.com/2010/02/25/baked-oven-fries/

No crap, just potatoes and olive and oil. Next time, I'll slice them thinner so they get a little more crisp. They're a little time intensive (10-30 minutes of soaking plus 20 minutes of baking) but they're a great substitute if you're a french fry person.

I am a french fry person. ;)

Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing. :flower3: It would be great if you could also post the recipe on our recipe thread that is under the Eating Healthy part of the WISH boards. Here is a link to the thread http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36324235&postcount=1

I am so, so sorry to hear of your loss. I too am a cat lover and lost a very, very beloved kitty friend almost 5 years ago now but it still is painful to even think about. Cats can be just as loving and friendly as dogs and cat owners are a very special breed themselves! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and I know your kitty Bandit will be waiting patiently for you. Many hugs for your family as you lose your special loved one. :hug:

Lots of pet lovers on our thread for sure. :love:

Thanks! I'm going to look into Yak Trax. It's terrible in the winter where I run. The park is only plowed in certain areas and people do not shovel sidewalks :headache: I wish I had an indoor track. I dislike running distances on treadmills. I am going to look into a New Years run for sure.

It is a challenge keeping the exercise routine when the weather is not so nice for sure. :hug:

Qotd, hmmm. Just being here is a commitment for me. I am definitely no longer snacking with the kinders when serving! I will miss the cookies and crackers. As usual I am doing the exercise challenge on another thread, but I did have to drop my minutes from last month. Drat still movin though!

Moving forward is moving -- it's not a race! :flower3:

Good idea on skipping the snacks -- those little bites, licks, tastes and nibbles can really add up. :faint:

I leave and we were on the end of page 2.....

NOW WE ARE UP TO PAGE 7.:confused3

Yep, we are a chatty bunch. ::yes::

Well, due to what I am convinced are supernatural forces, the scale is telling me I went up 2.6 pounds in 2 days???!!!??? :confused3 It's just as well with me leaving for the F&W Festival this afternoon. This way, I'll be able to keep my chowfest under control (somewhat). Really, who can resist those pierogies???

Have a great time a F&W, Kim! :cool2:

I'm betting the smilie police are right behind me. BRB.

Michelle, I am thinking of you and your family today. :hug: I hope your DS has a great birthday. I hope the memories of all the good times with Bandit bring you some comfort in the coming days. :flower3:

Which brings me to the QOTD for Thursday, October 3, 2013: Do you have all the winning strategies covered? Or do you have one of your own that should be added to the list?

I need some work on my score keeping to get myself on a winning streak. :thumbsup2

I'm recommitting to REGULAR exercise....even if it isn't many miles or hours, I can committ to something small EVERY SINGLE DAY!! I know that is what I need to get me to the bottom of my maintenance range again (that is my happy place!).

I know that this is an area that challenges you, Pamela. What does your ActiveLink say? Are you hitting your baseline? Getting some APs every week? Could you add to your activity in your daily routine -- take an extra walk around the building? Or meet with a personal trainer and see if they can come up with a routine for you to do a few times a week? I know the perfect activity is out there for you. :hug:

Sorry, somehow I seem to lack time this week, I feel like I am missing a lot of the chat!

Welcome to all the newcomers! Seems like we will be a big group this month! Excellent, I always love it when there is lot of chatter to read here!!! :goodvibes

Michelle, I am so so sorry for the loss of Bandit! He sounded like a lovely cat who deserved his very special place in your heart! :hug:

---

I have big news to report!!! For the first time this century I saw a 6 as the first digit of my weight (measured in kilos, not pounds!)!!!

Congratulations on your milestone, Magdalene! :yay: You're worked hard and have found success! ::yes:: Enjoy your time in Switzerland.

I love a busy thread, too, the more the merrier! :goodvibes

is it too late to join? What do you need?

:welcome: It's never too late to join one of our challenges! There are posts about how the challenge works on the first page of our thread. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and if you PM me your starting weight today, you will be ready for our first weigh in tomorrow. :cool2:

I think personally I need to add "Winners listen to their bodies" .... the past couple months I have overdid it in some fashion and then I lose a couple days trying to recover.

yesterday QOTD -- i'm re-committing to my food journal like others are :dance3: and today is day 3. whew. day 3! seriously I usually don't get any days in a row, just days here and there. DH and I have to check in at health fair next month and how we score can mean dollars off our health insurance premium; well i'm teetering between obesity/overweight BMI so I really need to keep focused and drop a few before this so I can cleanly and without worry be in the overweight BMI. which, btw, I have not been in for over 3 years!

I love the "listen to your body" strategy, Molli! :thumbsup2 You are so close to your next milestone, I know you can do it! ::yes::

I'm a little behind. This is a busy thread!

Michelle: I'm so sorry for your loss of a sweet family member. Keep your happy memories of him!

QOTD WEDNESDAY: My commitment is to continue my walking of 4 miles a day on days I don't work. My goal for last month was 60 miles total. I did 61. This month, the goal is 70. Walking is a great way for me to enjoy me-time, thinking time. Or, if my husband comes along, it's great uninterrupted chat time.

QOTD THURSDAY: I try to keep in mind all the "winner" tools as I go throughout my day. My biggest problem is being proud of myself. When I started the healthy goals in September and had lost 10 lbs, I couldn't see where it was coming from because the body looked the same. Now, 14 lbs gone, and somehow, it magically has come from all over me. I actually feel so good about my body. Clothes fit better, and my shape in tighter fitting clothes is much nicer. Starting to feel proud and can't wait for another 14 lbs to come off!

Excellent point about being proud of your accomplishments! :goodvibes It's one that we all need to remember.

A friendly reminder that tomorrow is our first weigh in day. :flower3: Remember we just did our starting weights and things take time so be philosophical about the numbers. :hippie:

I wonder if that will work with sweet potatoes ... I love those! I will try this over the weekend and let you know!!

I think it will work but you probably don't have to soak them as long. Soaking the white potatoes helps them crisp up well (not sure if it removes starch or what), but I don't think you would need that step for sweet potatoes.... but just a guess!

I had a great experience tonight at the Bali Leggs outlet. They fitted me and I have gone from a 42 D to a 38 D. She said 38 C but I tried that size on and I don't think so!

I noticed you're in PA. Was this over at the Vanity Fair outlets? That is an amazing shopping complex and some terrific bargains to be found! You are super lucky if you have that near you!! My brother and his family are in Morgantown, PA.

Best part, Kohls online had my favorite Bali bra in mint green on clearance in my size for 12.99 (must be a seasonal color). Subtract from that a 30% code, minus free shipping code, minus 3% ebates ... Came to $8 and some change per bra for a bra the outlet was selling "40% off" at $24!! I stocked up, these are my every day bras I could care less what color they are. Smallest and cheapest bras I've bought in a while, very cool!

WOW! You got a great deal! Wish I could find a bra I like other than from VS! Even on sale with a coupon their bras are really pricey! Mint sounds really pretty too!

Michelle, sorry about your kitty.

Qotd, hmmm. Just being here is a commitment for me. I am definitely no longer snacking with the kinders when serving! I will miss the cookies and crackers. As usual I am doing the exercise challenge on another thread, but I did have to drop my minutes from last month. Drat still movin though!

Be sure to always have an apple or some carrot sticks with you to munch on while the kids have their snack. It will keep you from craving the other stuff and keep your hand busy, right??

I leave and we were on the end of page 2.....

NOW WE ARE UP TO PAGE 7.:confused3
Hmmmmmmm......

Looks like I have some catching up to so!!:lmao:

Had fun these past 2 days jogging and lifting weights and just plain acting silly with Ladybug.:yay:

Just a checkin n w/everyone and saying "hi."
ANYWHO -
wish me luck.....

I am about to write not one not two but THREE FREAKIN' TAX BILLS!!
(Property, school & city):headache:

Can some kind soul fax me some asprin??;)

T.T.F.N.:wave2:

I have been playing catch-up on here as well!! But I'm excited that things are picking up here again! It was too quiet over the summer!

Well, due to what I am convinced are supernatural forces, the scale is telling me I went up 2.6 pounds in 2 days???!!!??? :confused3 It's just as well with me leaving for the F&W Festival this afternoon. This way, I'll be able to keep my chowfest under control (somewhat :lmao:). Really, who can resist those pierogies??? :cool1: :woohoo:

I do have a 7 mile run planned for Friday morning, so that should definitely help keep things somewhat on track and other than going to Epcot, I plan on eating a LOT of salads over the next few days! :thumbsup2 Knowing that I have a number in mind before the W&D Half, and also knowing I want to have as much weight off my knees as possible before race day, should help keep me on track. Nothing like having that big a challenge looming in the near future to keep your choices smart! :goodvibes

Have a great time at the festival!

Hi everyone , just a quick update this morning. Bandit went very quietly I am sure he was tired of fighting - he never wiggled or cried to get out of his box when we brought him into the vets and just laid right down on the cushy blanket on the vets table. They let us pay up front and had us in a room with a side door so we could just exit without anyone seeing us.. it was peaceful and I was a wreck but it was the best decision for him. My Hubs and I stayed there talking and petting him till the Vet said he could no longer hear anything and then told us stay long as you want but I said few more tearful goodbye words then bolted I just couldnt' be in the room one more second longer (I did feel bad when I booked it out the side door as a lady was getting into her car and I was a blubbering mess when I came out of that door but Oh well) Hubs stayed for about 5 more minutes.. then we went home.. we'll get him back in a few weeks and he can sit on the shelf in the livingroom with Copper.
Amanda, Lisa, Cam, Jamie, Kimberley, Rose, both Jenn's, Elizabeth Jill and Linda you have no idea what you kinds words mean.. I appreciate every one of your comments.. thank you.
I summed it up pretty well last night on facebook when I said "Thank you Dad for picking Bandit to be mine he and I were a perfect fit right till the very end" as you see my dad picked out 2 kittens that day so long ago - Bandit the black and white one and Sammie the orange and white striped one, my sister tried to get Bandit as she was still living at home and my Dad said "oh no this little black one is for your sister " I don't know how he knew but he just did, Thanks Dad!
hope everyone has an amazing day I'll be doing my best as today is my DS 17th Bday .. I just can't belive my baby boy is that old!

What a neat story about your Dad picking out Bandit just for you!! I think our current kitty was "meant" to be ours as well. She was an abandoned kitty living under a neighbor's shed. The neighbor was willing to take her kitten, but not her. I could NOT let her live outside all winter, so home with me she came (after catching her, of course) and we named her LUCKY... because we figured she was lucky to find us..... but mostly now, I think we were lucky to find HER!

BRB with replies and my own answer.

First of all, let me THANK YOU Lisa for all of the thought and time you put into posting GREAT QOTD! I always look so forward to your coaching times!!

I need to develop a NEW winning strategy involving a committment to exercise, but I'm struggling even to COMMIT, never mind to the follow-through! Hopefully a daily challenge here for October will help.

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I weighed in at 69.7 kg this morning. However, since we do have a holiday here in Germany today (our national day: reunification day - today 23 years ago East and West Germany reunified), I slept in and stepped on the scale later than usually. And since I figured out that this can make some difference, I am not counting it as my "real weight" yet. But it should give me a lot of incentive to try and stay somewhat on plan over the next few days when I travel to Switzerland for a friend's 40th birthday. Already walked to the train station where they have a money exchange office and got some Swiss money: it is crazy colourful!! And now I am going to walk to a friends house where we are going to meet up with a few girlfriends. It is a brilliant sunny autumn day here and in the end I should end up with 2 hours of walking today!

Have a great day everyone!

WONDERFUL NEWS!! :woohoo: Have a great trip to Switzerland!

is it too late to join? What do you need?

NEVER TOO LATE!! Welcome aboard! I see you've already been sent in the right direction, so I'll just leave it at welcome and invite you to share a bit about yourself!!

PHEW!! I'm FINALLY caught up!! I'm so excited that things are picking up here! I love the chatter and conversations and was a little sad over the summer when things got really really quiet!

I'm at school again today, but I'm not working tomorrow, as I am going to give my DD some love. I know I just visited last week, but she is super stressed right now and even though there isn't much I can do for her, I think a big hug and a tiny bit of down-time with Mom will help. She can't visit for long though... so busy! I'll arrive in time for lunch tomorrow, hang around (and probably do a load of wash for her ;)) while she has swim practice, then we'll have dinner together on campus (their food is good and parents eat for free!). Then I offered to take her and a few suite-mates out for a treat or for a trip to Target or Walmart, in case they are needing anything. But maybe she will just want it to be Mom and Daughter time. We'll see.

I'll sleep over (in her room) and then head home early Saturday morning, as she has swim practice first thing Saturday morning and then an Honors Program field trip all day. BTW, she is getting involved in a research project that may land her in Scotland this spring!! I'm so excited for her but SO jealous!!:lmao: I guess it was a toss-up between Scotland and Indonesia and Scotland won.... and now that I checked the location of Indonesia on a globe, I think I'll be REALLY HAPPY about that! Indonesia is FAAARRR away!

Last night's dinner ended up being omelets and roasted tomatoes. It was scheduled to be our "carb" night (fried rice) since DH is usually gone on Wed. nights, but he was home, so we had to change up the schedule. But the omelets and tomatoes were SO GOOD and SO EASY and SO QUICK! I need to do that more often! I had a bowl of fresh tomatoes from my Dad's garden (last of the season) and I wasn't going to be able to use them all quickly enough, so I quartered them, squeezed out the seed pulp, tossed them with a bit of oil and garlic and roasted them for about 30 minutes. At the end I tossed in some fresh basil ribbons and sprinkled on just a bit of parmesan cheese. May I say they were DELICIOUS!! And such a nice addition with the eggs. I scooped mine right on top of my egg white and cheddar omelet!

Tonight's menu is yogurt parfaits, but we are out of fresh fruit (except for apples) so it will probably end up being canned low sugar peaches (home canned by my parents). Not quite as exciting as fresh, but we'll make due!!

I have 5 minutes before I need to pick up my class in gym, so I'll make a potty stop now, while I can! :lmao: TTYL.............P

Thank you Pamela what a neat story yourself about your kitty, Kris and Ladybug, Magdalene, Molli, Noemi and Lisa again .. you all have lifted my spirits. Lots of good memories made and I am holding them very near and dear..

I am not sure how my WI will go this week, I went to the local fair on Tuesday (walked 5 miles) and ate what I wanted Hubs and I split fried cheesecake bites, I had a fried Veggie plate, a baby cone of ice cream and a few handfuls of kettle corn then on Wed of course it was a horrible day so I skipped breakfast and only had about 3 oz of chicken and 1/4 of a small salad at lunch time , a Atkins bar at 3 and at 7ish fried wontons, 2 chicken teriyaki sticks and white rice with butter and salt.. however doing my best to get it under control today I had a cheese omelet with bacon on the side for breakfast , 3oz of chicken and some roasted green beans almondine for lunch and have an apple and a Atkins bar for before my 4:30 Zumba class and dinner is Stuffed Zucchini around 7ish .. maybe a handful of nuts if I need more..

take care till I talk to you all tomorrow.. Michelle

Wow! Twice in one day I have time to chat!! But now I have nothing left to say!!:lmao:

Okay.... so for this month's challenge.... what's say we all pick OUR OWN challenge??? We aren't all ready for the same level of exercise or the same level of committment. But let's EACH pick something that we committ to do EVERY SINGLE DAY for the remainder of the month!! Since today is the third, that would give us 28 straight days of this challenge (assuming you start tomorrow).

Soooo... PICK YOUR CHALLENGE, committ to it here (with specifics like type of exercise, miles/minutes, or type of eating plan/pattern, etc) and then try to chime in every day and let us know... yea or nay if you did it!

If you miss a day, DO NOT QUIT! Don't throw in the towel and figure that you "failed"! I would say that doing something new for 27 or 26 days even is still a great committment. And let's face it... life gets in the way more often than we would like!

I will be back this evening to post my own personal DOUBLE CHALLENGE.... I am committing to one food change and one exercise challenge every day for the remainder of October!

If you need ideas, here are some things I came up with....

plank-a-day challenge (you could start with 30 seconds and built up every day).

mile-a-day challenge (aka Rose's challenge!)

8 glasses of water daily challenge

fruits and veggies challenge (great for those who have trouble getting in enough of these healthy foods!)

Jumping jacks challenge (committ to a certain number every day). This could also be any other single exercise.... lunges, squats, push-ups, etc.

pre-planning your lunch EVERY DAY (this should look familiar to any WW out there! ;) )

wall-sit a day (again, start with maybe 30 seconds and work your way up).

biceps curls challenge (can you increase your weight/reps consistently throughout the month??)

Any other ideas?????..................P

I know that this is an area that challenges you, Pamela. What does your ActiveLink say? Are you hitting your baseline? Getting some APs every week? Could you add to your activity in your daily routine -- take an extra walk around the building? Or meet with a personal trainer and see if they can come up with a routine for you to do a few times a week? I know the perfect activity is out there for you. :hug:

Oh... you mean that thing I NEVER wear??? :confused3 (Ssshhh.... don't tell my boss... or my members!! :ssst: ).................P

Hi, everyone! I love all the chatter here, though I am having a very hard time keeping up. Hopefully, my life will calm down a bit and I'll be here more often.

I had a good weigh-in this morning at WW. I was so off-track the first three days of my week as I struggled with my brother's death and his funeral and my Aunt's visit for the funeral. We definitely indulged in too much comfort food and sometimes too late at night.

Sunday, I got back on track and have journaled every bite since then. I think it really makes a difference for me, and I was down 1.6.

Pam - I am going to commit to 50 ball crunches and 50 ball pushups per day, and will start as soon as I find the pump for my exercise ball. UGH! I am also going to continue to plan my dinners (the "plan your lunch" habit is already firmly in place, so I told my WW leader I am working on planning my dinners instead).

QOTD Wednesday, October 2, 2013: How will you recommit to your program this fall to get a jump on the holidays and keep your program fresh and exciting?

Recommitting to food journaling (I use MyFitnessPal) and logging at least 8k steps using my Fitbit One to track. I will give myself one "free" day per week on the steps -no leeway on journaling EVERYDAY :woohoo:

DH and I are cruising east Caribbean (Royal Caribbean Oasis) Nov 16th so that is my incentive

I think my training for Wine and Dine really helps keep m on track! It gives me something to look forward to and when I see that piece of candy, I think to myself "it's harder to run of you gain weight!" it helps me :lmao:
I would also like to try tracking what eat, I'm a "bored eater" and I think it would help put everything in perspective for me!

Ok. My challenge will be to go to as many group dance lessons as I can aside from our normal weekly private classes. I realize this is very reliant on my husband also being able to go, but I'm going to do something that's very much unlike me: break out of my shyness and go without him on the nights he can't go. This will help me with social stuff as well as healthy exercise! It's not really measurable though because I really can't go on some days I work. But I guess I'll set a goal of at least two a week! How's that?

Here are the winning strategies you'll need!

Winners Set Small Goals

Winners Take Breaks and Timeouts

Winners Are Proud of Themselves

Winners Take On New Challenges

Winners Keep Score

Winners Are Part of a Team

Winners Make It Fun

I would add that "Winners don't listen to voices in their heads that say they can't reach their goal!"

Hopefully it is not to late to join. I have done a couple of the monthly challenges before and I really need to get back on track.

Thank you Pamela what a neat story yourself about your kitty, Kris and Ladybug, Magdalene, Molli, Noemi and Lisa again .. you all have lifted my spirits. Lots of good memories made and I am holding them very near and dear..

I am not sure how my WI will go this week, I went to the local fair on Tuesday (walked 5 miles) and ate what I wanted Hubs and I split fried cheesecake bites, I had a fried Veggie plate, a baby cone of ice cream and a few handfuls of kettle corn then on Wed of course it was a horrible day so I skipped breakfast and only had about 3 oz of chicken and 1/4 of a small salad at lunch time , a Atkins bar at 3 and at 7ish fried wontons, 2 chicken teriyaki sticks and white rice with butter and salt.. however doing my best to get it under control today I had a cheese omelet with bacon on the side for breakfast , 3oz of chicken and some roasted green beans almondine for lunch and have an apple and a Atkins bar for before my 4:30 Zumba class and dinner is Stuffed Zucchini around 7ish .. maybe a handful of nuts if I need more..

take care till I talk to you all tomorrow.. Michelle

WDW004.jpg

("WHO ME? GET INTO TROUBLE?? **N-e-V-e-R**"):lmao:

Ok.....the above picture of Ladybug (the XXXII) was meant for a giggle;)
cuz L.B. & I care about cha and we do hope that you & your home has a safe and wonderful weekend.

Ladybug XXVI (not pictured)
& I had 13 wonderful years together until one day in July 2011, we had to part ways (I am still crying as I am typing this as I love all animals). About 90 to 120 days later, I felt it was the right time again to hear the little pitter patter of tiny feet in my home again.

And guess who walks into my life??

LADYBUG XXXII:goodvibes
(gotta love it - besides.....the name is easy to remember as she came with that name too). We both send ya lots of hugs.

ALLRIGHTEE everyone - I FINALLY got caught up on all the chatter.:cool1:

P.S. Lisa0711 - I just PMed ya....YYEEAA!!
I made goal this week!! WOO-HOO!!:thumbsup2

T.T.F.N.:wave2:

That took awhile to catch up on!! WOW this is a busy thread, but I think that is so great! People coming together to help each other is so amazing! :goodvibes
I had a bad week so far guys! I went to the doctor, you know, THAT doctor. I received some sad weight loss news. Due to my endometriosis, I have to be put on another birth control to try and control my symptoms. This could mean weight gain, and making weight loss very difficult for me. I am a little discouraged by this, so I'm trying to keep optimistic! Anything is possible! I also had a bad eating week, I had an egg drop soup, which I'm sure is not healthy at all. The dreaded Halloween candy has been lurking about. I am defiantly not looking forward to weight in this week!

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you all have a WONDERFUL day!

I'm off to visit DD for a short time, so I'll be heading out soon in order to make it to have lunch with her.

Scale was NOT pleasant this morning and I kind of anticipated that, based on how my body was feeling.... but it is frustrating since my eating has been pretty well spot on for a solid 7 days. I think there are a few specific changes I need to make though.... which brings me to my COMMITMENT for October!

1. I am going back to my personal hybrid WW/South Beach plan... basically it is a low carb WW plan. I still count points, track my food, weigh/measure my portions.... but I reduce my carbs significantly. I need to be down at least 5 pounds before T.giving to make it through the holiday season without going over my maintenance range. I will be starting this tomorrow when I return home. So hopefully I can count a full 27 days of this!

2. I am also committing to walking AT LEAST 1 mile every day! Today's mile won't be a jog/run, but it will be a walk on campus, hopefully near the beach! And I'd like to get tomorrow's mile in before I leave campus also. It is such a beautiful place! I am two days in on this already (yesterday and Wed.) so that will be a full 29 days.

I'll put some sort of calendar or countdown thingie on my posts later to keep track of this. I don't have time to read right now, but hopefully others are posting about their personal COMMITMENT for OCTOBER!!

Gotta dash but I'll try to pop on later. THere is no guest wifi in the dorms, but I can use DD's laptop.

Wish me safe travels!........................P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter