• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WISH Check-In Week of January 27

Jiminy102

<font color=blue>The TF is busy trying to tag peop
Good Monday Morning WISHers!!

How is everyone?? Handling the cold ok!! Well weather bug says it is 3 degrees outside. Do I have to go to work??

Well this week was ok. nothing spectacular and nothing out of hand either. So I may not loose but I should not gain!! I was going to weigh myself tomorrow like always but want to cheat and do it today because I want to know how it went!!

I am hoping to be able to get a cool excercise ball and dvd I saw at cosco this week. If I get it I will let you guys know how I like it!!

Well I am going to brave the cold and go to work!!

Have a great week everyone!!

Happy WISHing
Holly

I didn't do that great this week, but I lost .5 pds. That is better than gaining. I did get up and on the treadmill this morning, something I didn't do at all last week. Good luck everyone.

Tammy
186/151/140

May I check in? The WISH board is one of my new haunts. :)

Last week I was able to increase my weights by 5 lbs. This morning was supposed to be a weight day but I wimped out and didn't go. Hopefully I'll go tonight.

I don't normally weigh because it can be very discouraging.

Yay for you jimmytammy for doing the treadmill this morning. Doesn't it feel good to workout in the morning?

Jiminy, my trainer has me doing crunches on a ball. There is definitely a difference. My tummy muscles stay sore.

Well, I lost 5 more pounds, but I think with all the veggies I ate during the superbowl yesterday I might have over done it carb wise, but at least I stayed away from the chips, crackers, and BBQ sauces that were around. All I know is I woke up very hungry this morning wanting to go for a walk, but with the snow last night and the wind chill this morning, I guess its not going to happen today :( . Keep up the good work everyone!!!:)

198/190/150

I did not check in last week, so I have lost an additional few pounds making my total 15lbs since 1/3/03.

Unfortunately, I started going to a new doctor last week. Mine retired late last year, and I finally chose a new one.

She is very supportive of the low-carb lifestyle; however, I had my first check up in over 10 years and we discovered my cholesterol is extremely high! She has put me on lipitor and said that I could still do low-carb, but to trim fat and eat more fish and fowl than red meat.

I am going to contact her this week to get more info, since almost all of what I am eating now is not in the safe cholesterol categories!

I will weigh in on Wednesday, but I don't think I will have lost anything...I just hope I maintained. I haven't felt well in over a week so unfortunately I have turned to comfort foods:(

alabamaalan, Good luck with your cholesterol. I have not done the major low carb idea because of my cholesterol, by the time I eliminate items for my cholesterol there isn't much I can enjoy...especially with a glucose intolerance. Let me know what you find out from you doctor about low carb and your cholesterol. I go on Saturday to see how my cholesterol is doing:rolleyes: Right now I am controlling by diet but can't get the bad cholesterol under control....my overall count is finally down though

I weighed in a day early in order to give me a reality check to get me back in line. I am up today by 1 lb.:( Between Chicago, the Superbowl and not feeling well for a week and turning to comfort food it has caught up with me. I am back on track today. Yesterday I had DH take the snacks from our Superbowl gathering to work last night and I will send the last to my Mom and Dad today. No plans this weekend, so I know I will be back on track at my next weigh in.

Hang in there believe. That 1 lb will be gone before you know it. Hope you are feeling better.

Hey everyone! I weigh in on Tuesdays, so I did this morning! I lost 4 lbs! :)

Believe- don't worry....last week I gained 1 lb and was really upset, this week I had a great loss.....hang in there!!!

I have been doing my aerobics for the last two weeks 4 days a week........think it is helping!

Good luck everyone!

Kamy

Way to go " kamgen". Four pounds is great. I do believe that exercise is a very important part of weight loss. You can watch what you eat, but your body needs movement. My goal for the week is to get on the treadmill 4 out of the 7 days. I have one down and 3 more to go.

Keep up the hard work.

I guess I'll check in, too, for the first time. And, I guess I'll have to go buy a scale. I don't know how much I've lost since I started eating low carb, but I can feel the pounds melting away, slowly but surely. I've started back treadmilling, again, and I'm going to dig my big blue ball out of the closet and try that. I never did really work with it; never watched the instructional video. Thanks to directions from Donald's Daisy (in another thread), I'm going to give it a try.

I feel sooooo good!

Pat

311 days and counting . . . again

Oops! I also meant to say . . .

:bounce: Congratulations, Kamgen!!!!! That's quite an accomplishment! Keep up the good work! :smooth:

Pat

311 days and counting . . . again

Well, I weighed myself this morning, and I stayed the same. At least I didn't gain! I'm an emotional eater, and this weather is stopping me from my favorite exericse, taking the dog for long walks. I crave comfort food! I just feel so blah - don't want to do any exercise tapes, although yesterday I did a short pilates tape, so that's something good. I wish I felt like doing crafts, because then my hands would be busy; but I have an afghan and some cross stitch sitting there and I just can't get into it. It's supposed to warm up over the weekend - I sure hope that'll get me out of the doldrums!!

My sorry stats: 160/160/145 :(

I am checking in for the first time this year. Started working out at the gym on 1/21/03. Weighed in on Monday and had lost 3 pounds. I feel so much better and have been eating right.

My goal is to look great by my birthday in May.

Amy...I am an emotional eater also and if I don't keep my hands busy I tend to eat a lot more. I am trying to get most of the junk food from the superbowl out of my house right now. Remember that maintaining is better than gaining.

Tink33...Congratulations on your lose. Keep working out!

Oh, I forgot about the WISH check-in. Love that this is here now that I need it.

As I said on another thread, my goal is to lose 15 pounds, preferably by summer. I started Weight Watchers, an at-work program, today. I'm still trying to make sense out of the point system, and figuring out what I can and can't eat, but I like it because its flexible and there are no restricted foods. I'd like to try Atkins, but I know myself and I know I couldn't go without bread and pasta for long.

So here I am! It sounds like we have a lot of successful dieters here, looking forward to being part of the group. :)

Ok, I need some help celebrating the "small" things. I usually get very tired and hungry around 2:00/2:30. This afternoon I'm proofreading this absolutely BORING single-spaced document, probably won't be finished until Monday, ready to fall asleep. Usually, I'll head over to this one girl's cubicle where she's selling $1 bags of Peanut M&M's for only 50 cents (can't pass up a good deal like that!). Well, today instead I got myself a nice big cup of coffee to get me thru my slump - I avoided the candy! :bounce: :bounce:

The coffee has an added benefit - my oldest DS is turning 13 :eek: on Sunday, and tonight he's having 4 friends sleep over as his party. I'll need to stay awake to scream at them when they're still awake at 2 a.m.!!

My new motto: looking at "big picture" weight-loss wise is too depressing - I'm going to pay attention to the little things and hopefully the big stuff will take care of itself. Baby steps, baby steps........

I'm proud of you, Amy, for avoiding that candy.

I weighed in Thursday and lost 6 pounds for a total loss since 1/9/03 of 18 pounds.

Although I only lost 1/2 pound this week, I finally got a little movement off that plateau! I'll just keep walking and nordic tracking and hopefully the weight loss go more quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter