Wish Deck 10 Rooms Dark?

HairyChest

DIS Veteran
I’m at the planning stages of a Disney Wish cruise. After much obsessive research, I have decided the Moana themed rooms are the most beautiful. however, I noticed they are all on deck 10 (Verandah room). Since all of deck 10 has an overhanging roof, is the sunlight less & the rooms darker then on the other decks?

I love my rooms to be bright and beautiful and never want to have to turn on any lights during daylight. TIA

Update:
I came across a room tour video where he mentions the room is dark and the lights need to be on during the day (at 6:54 in the video). He is staying on deck 10 in a moana room. This is the only video I have seen that mentions the room being dark and it happens to be on deck 10.

My question now becomes, is he just being overly picky or are alot of people here glossing over that detail because they don’t mind?

Last edited:
I've stayed in Moana rooms on deck 10 twice and I don't remember that the overhang made the room dark. We actually booked the deck 10 rooms specifically for the overhang so that we could enjoy the verandah with a bit of shelter from the sun.

When I look at videos and pictures, it reminds me of the dormer rooms with the limited view and darker rooms on the top floors of the Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge which I dislike.
I've stayed in Moana rooms on deck 10 twice and I don't remember that the overhang made the room dark. We actually booked the deck 10 rooms specifically for the overhang so that we could enjoy the verandah with a bit of shelter from the sun.
Glad to hear it’s actually a positive not negative.

Deck 10 rooms are not dark at all. The verandas don’t get as much sun because of the overhang. My favorite deck, we were in 10098, which is considered mid ship but not really.

We were in 10558 and I didn't notice it being dark. The photo below is with the curtains partially drawn and at port around 2pm. I really liked the overhang. The previous year we were on the Fantasy in 10660 and the huge balcony was great but when the sun came in that room you were so hot!

1704148515311.png

1704148635962.png

We were in a deck 10 veranda on the Dream. I don't recall ever thinking that the room was dark. We liked the overhang for reasons mentioned above. The mid-day sun could not make it too hot and if it rains, you can enjoy the veranda while staying dry!

The room is not dark… The verandah does have a lot of sun, which is fine by us… You do hear chairs moving around in the pool which is kind of annoying, but other than that, it is a great spot, and a great room. No more dark than other rooms.

I came across a room tour video where he mentions the room is dark and the lights need to be on during the day (at 6:54 in the video). He is staying on deck 10 in a moana room. This is the only video I have seen that mentions the room being dark and it happens to be on deck 10.

My question now becomes, is he just being overly picky or are alot of people here glossing over that detail because they don’t mind?

My family was on the Wish a couple of weeks ago and we didn't think it was dark. Granted, we did have some cloudy weather, so the sun wasn't fully out, but there wasn't a need for us to turn our lights on during the day.

However, after watching his video and looking at the video of our stateroom, our situation may have been different. We were on the bump-out part of the verandah, with connecting rooms 10616 and 10618. 10616 was Moana and 10618 was Little Mermaid. Looking at the video that you posted, it seems like the overhang goes farther out. I've put in a screenshot of the video that my mom took of me from the connecting room, before the partition was unlocked and the overhang really only went to the railing.

IMG_3B5264022D8E-1.jpeg

My family was on the Wish a couple of weeks ago and we didn't think it was dark. Granted, we did have some cloudy weather, so the sun wasn't fully out, but there wasn't a need for us to turn our lights on during the day.

However, after watching his video and looking at the video of our stateroom, our situation may have been different. We were on the bump-out part of the verandah, with connecting rooms 10616 and 10618. 10616 was Moana and 10618 was Little Mermaid. Looking at the video that you posted, it seems like the overhang goes farther out. I've put in a screenshot of the video that my mom took of me from the connecting room, before the partition was unlocked and the overhang really only went to the railing.

View attachment 822696
Wow thank you so much for this!! That makes total sense. Do you remember having any issues looking up into the sky/stars at night?

Do you remember having any issues looking up into the sky/stars at night?
It's hard to find a truly dark sky. I thought being out on the Carribean would be dark, but the ship itself is just too bright. I've gone up to the highest deck I could access, both forward and aft, and I still can't see a darker sky than I can see at home. You won't see much past the overhang. It is painted white and any light from the decks below reflect from it, effectively obscuring any visible stars.

Both of my Moana rooms were on the bump outs so that may have made a difference,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter