WISH Journal

With 50 days until we leave for our girlie Halloween/Food & Wine Festival Disney Vacation, I figured I'd like to look nice in my Cinderellie costume and to feel fit and healthy for a fast-paced trip!

Thursday, September 6, 2007
-RPM spin class at the gym - number 6!
45 min - RPM [167/194/1233]
-Totals
Daily minutes: 45
Cumulative September EC minutes: 45
-Notes
I had clips put on my shoes - makes all the difference in the world with my right foot pain, which is what stopped me from doing RPM after February. Hopefully this is just the ticket once again!

Tuesday, September 11, 2007
-RPM spin class at the gym - number 7!
45 min - RPM [155/183/1007]
-Abs
4 min - AbRoller beginner
-Totals
Daily minutes: 49
Cumulative September EC minutes: 94
-Notes
Just a great workout - am pretty exhausted afterwards for the evening, so I don't expect to get just a whole lot done after an RPM workout. I'll just plan a bit better from now on to relax after RPM for sure, then, if I do get something homework-y done, then that's a bonus.
Only 45 days until we leave for Disney World! I've made a challenge for myself - to do a section of the AbRoller workout video every single day until we leave!

Wednesday, September 12, 2007
-Abs
-Totals
Daily minutes: 4
Cumulative September EC minutes: 98

Thursday, September 13, 2007
-RPM spin class at the gym - number 8!
44 min - RPM [164/184/1067]
-Abs
4 min - AbRoller advanced
-Totals
Daily minutes: 48
Cumulative September EC minutes: 146

Friday, September 14, 2007
-Abs
-Totals
Cumulative September EC minutes: 150

Saturday, September 15, 2007
-Abs
-Totals
Cumulative September EC minutes: 154

Sunday, September 16, 2007
-Abs
4 min - AbRoller oblique
-Totals
Cumulative September EC minutes: 158

Monday, September 17, 2007
-Abs
-Totals
Cumulative September EC minutes: 162

Tuesday, September 18, 2007
-RPM spin class at the gym - number 9!
46 min - RPM [161/179/1058]
-Abs
-Totals
Daily minutes: 50
Cumulative September EC minutes: 212

Tuesday, September 4, 2007 (Late Entry!)
-Cinderellie Chores - Outside Yard Work
120 min - [132/169/2512]
-Totals
Daily minutes: 120
Cumulative September EC minutes: 332

Wednesday, September 19, 2007
-Abs
4 min - Matthews Methods I
-Totals
Cumulative September EC minutes: 336

Thursday, September 20, 2007
-RPM spin class at the gym - number 10!
60 min - RPM [158/185/1395]
-Abs
-Totals
Daily minutes: 64
Cumulative September EC minutes: 400

I've decided to run in the Princess Half Marathon at Disney World next March, 2009! Its just time to focus on my health and fitness, and what better way to do that than to combine my efforts with a vacation to WDW in a princess-themed race! Here's my introduction to the WISH racing team, originally posted May 8, 2008 in the "Week of May 4th WISH walking/running club" thread:

Hello, WISH competition/events board! Just saw the sticky that I need to join the weekly thread, so here I am! I started a seperate thread to introduce myself, but posting here to "officially" join the WISH team! I have posted/lurked all around the DISboards for years, am a grad student about to finish my degree, and have let my health and fitness go for the past 10 years after high school (during which I ran cross country and other, local races). My sad end to my teenage-years fitness occurred at mile 14 of my first marathon (for which I was thoroughly trained and physically/mentally prepared) when I learned I had a 104 degree fever and a rampant case of the flu. I quit the race, crying and very sick, climbed in my mom's car with my boyfriend and a bunch of flowers they meant to give me at the finish and never looked back, as life got crazy and the demands of college got in the way. I've been looking for a way to motivate myself to get into better shape, and started spin classes a year ago. I just finished my first full spin class with no modifications a couple of weeks ago, and finished C25K the first week of this past March.

I'm a Disney Princess fan, and Cinderella's story is my very favorite - so, this is a perfect combination of my leisure-time passion, vacationing at WDW and all things Disney Princess, and the desire to transform myself for my fairy tale wedding at WDW and a healthy happily ever after! The race, and our vacation afterwards at WDW, has fallen into place, as I checked my fiance and my college calendar and the race is held on the first Sunday of both our Spring Breaks that semester! Yea! Here's to donning my tiara and running towards my happily ever after with my new fiance and my mom cheering me on next March in Disney's Princess Half Marathon!

And here are some of the warm welcomes I received:

Welcome RoyalCinderella! You sound like you belong here!

Welcome to RoyalCindy :cheer2:

RoyalCinderella: :welcome:

RoyalCinderella - Welcome!!!!! ***I feel like I have to apologize in advance. Many of us hre are not Princess grils adn I, myself, am going to hwhine about the new Pricess race adn say that I am NOT a princess! Please don't take that as any of us being against people who are. :goodvibes Look forward to sharing more with you!!

Absolutely! BTW, as your first big race adn with no other Disney races to compare it too, plus being a innaugural race, I'm usre it will be great fro you! Good luck at the track!

RoyalCinderella: WELCOME!!! :)

RoyalCinderella - WELCOME! This is such a great team to be a part of. I think they'll make a great event out of the Princess Half and it will be a great first Disney event for you :)

Now I want to say:

ROYALCINDERELLA :welcome: ANOTHER NEW WISHER!!!! YEAH!!! I hope your "first day" went well. I have much respect for those who have to do a lot of training on inside tracks. Living in the sunshine state we do most training year round outside. Of course July and August prove a bit difficult with the heat. I know there are many negatives to the princess marathon but personally I have done the Disney 1/2 and the MINNIE and I think EVERY Disney race is awesome and really the princess course is an extension of the MINNIE and I LOVE THE MINNIE!!!! YOu are going to have an awesome time and I am so glad you have chosen to share your journey with us!!!!

RoyalCinderella: Welcome to WISH. :cheer2: It's great to see another C25K graduate, another FT wedding princess, and someone for whom W.I.S.H. carries special meaning. Your plans for the Princess half sound delightful, and I know you'll find a home with us here. (I agree with Carrie--not a Princess girl, and am a bit in awe of those who are.)

. . .And my response:

Thank you all for the warm welcomes! Today is my first "real" training day, and I'm so excited! Of course, its raining cats and dogs - go figure - so I'll be heading to the gym's indoor track for loops upon loops upon loops. I'll just see how far I can get - like a time trial of sorts, only for distance. Wish me luck, I'm nervous! I hope I can get at least 2 - 2.5 miles! Wish wish wish wish:wizard:

I can definitely see the "cons" in the race, when compared with the races you guys have been participating in, but to someone who can't go in January for marathon weekend (school schedule) and hasn't participated in a Disney race before, I don't have any previous experiences to compare it to. So the drawbacks that have been pointed out (which totally I agree with, by the way - like not running through the Magic Kingdom, boring course to Animal Kingdom, no transportation from other hotels, no discounts announced yet, etc.) will just be par for the course for me since its my first Disney race. March is Spring Break time for most all the Texas colleges/universities and most public schools, so yes, it will be crowded, but we aren't skeered. We just think of it as lots of other people wanting a piece of the magic and we find our own magic on vacation even if its crowded.

Here's my introduction and welcome into the Hakuna Matata WISH training team:

Good morning Team mates, please welcome another princess, RoyalCinderella, I thought this would be the perfect team for her.

Sounds like everyone is doing great, now I need to get my lazy butt off to the gym and shake up some pudge cells.

Walking Panda:hippie:

I can tell I'm going to have a ball training for this race along with the WISH racing team - it has been 10 years since I have trained for a race and felt healthy and fit, so this is truly a dream come true! The welcomes from the team are pure gold, and one big difference from how I trained and raced in high school is that I didn't have the support of other Disney fans training toward a common goal. I was doing it just for me, by myself, but this time I have support from other Disney fans and racers - so exciting!

Thursday, May 8, 2008
-RPM spin class at the gym
45 min - RPM [168/188/570]
-Totals
Cumulative May Minutes: 45
Cumulative May Miles: 0
-Notes
Amy Burnes was my instructor, and I just love her spin class! No modifications to the intensity or resistance - how awesome! Was really fun, and felt great afterwards. Even was able to do some outside work at home in the evening, no soreness in legs or rear-end!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008
-TM at the gym - no TV or iPhone tunes
40 min - 10 min WU/CD; 30 min running @ 4.0 pace for 2 miles [161/174/376]
-Totals
Daily minutes: 40
Cumulative May Minutes: 85
Cumulative May Miles: 2
-Notes
Went to spin class, but when I got there, only the front row was available - high-tailed it out of there and tried to make lemonade. . .a nice run, was pretty labored at the end, but didn't hit over 85% max until 1.3 miles, so that was good. No soreness the next day, so overall a great run.

Thursday, May 15, 2008
45 min - RPM [168/193/622]
-Totals
Cumulative May Minutes: 130
Cumulative May Miles: 2
-Notes
Amy Burnes was my instructor, and I just love her spin class! No modifications to the intensity or resistance - how awesome! Riding stronger and got into the workout more, now that I'm not dying trying to keep up with Amy and the class! Cool beans!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008
-TM at the gym - no TV or iPhone tunes
40 min - 10 min WU/CD; 30 min running @ 4.0 pace for 2 miles [159/172/390]
-Totals
Cumulative May Minutes: 170
Cumulative May Miles: 4
-Notes
A nice run, was pretty labored at the end, but didn't hit over 85% max until 1.5 miles, so that was good. Legs tiny bit sore, but felt great afterwards.

Thursday, May 21, 2008
45 min - RPM [lost data]
-Totals
Cumulative May Minutes: 215
Cumulative May Miles: 4
-Notes
Amy Burnes was my instructor, and I just love her spin class! No modifications to the intensity or resistance - how awesome! Riding stronger and got into the workout more, now that I'm not dying trying to keep up with Amy and the class! Cool beans!

Friday, May 22, 2008
-SLC indoor track - Run
40 min - 10 min WU/CD; 30 min running @ 4.0 pace for 2 miles [165/182/385]
-Totals
Cumulative May Minutes: 255
Cumulative May Miles: 6
-Notes
Only one on the SLC indoor track, which was cool. Felt like I was c...r...a...w...l...i...n...g but oh, well. Ran exactly 15 minute miles, which was great. Exhausted afterwards, but recovered quickly and was fine the rest of the night and the next day. A tiny bit sore, but fine overall.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008
45 min - RPM [lost data]
-Totals
Cumulative May Minutes: 300
-Notes
Amy Burnes was my instructor, and I just love her spin class! Great workout, loved the music. Found myself in the "zone" a coupla times, ignoring the pain and just riding for the hell of it. . .I really look forward to class now, which is awesome. I was ravenously hungry afterwards. . .no telling how many calories I burned!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008
-SLC indoor track - Run
43 min - 10 min WU/CD; 32:35 min running @ 4.0 pace for 2.33 miles [164/176/417]
-Totals
Daily minutes: 43
Cumulative May Minutes: 343
Cumulative May Miles: 8.33
-Notes
Ran just under 15 minute miles, which was great. Recovered quickly and was fine the rest of the night. A tiny bit sore in the muscles just above both knees, but fine overall.

Thursday, May 29, 2008
45 min - RPM [lost data]
-Totals
Cumulative May Minutes: 388
-Notes
Amy Burnes was my instructor, and I just love her spin class! Great workout, loved the music. Found myself in the "zone" and was ravenously hungry afterwards. . .no telling how many calories I burned! I got showered and ready at the gym because we met Mir and Ronnie coming home at Nanny's, then went out for a family dinner at chinese buffet. Good times.

Yeah, so. . .I'm not entirely sure why I didn't train for this run over the summer. . .but I do know I've been very sick since October, finally getting well just before Christmas. I'm so excited for the Spring Break Princess Run WDW trip, and slightly petrified at the same time about the run itself! I'm in the home stretch, working up on the mileage weekly, hoping to reach 12 miles by the last week in February! I must be crazy, but after working out again a couple of weeks this new year, I can already tell that I just may be able to pull this off.

Monday, January 5, 2009
-TM at the gym - Cardio Cinema (Glory Road and Baby Mama - yuck!)
60 min - 4.0 pace for 4 miles
-Totals
Daily minutes: 60
Cumulative January Minutes: 60
Cumulative January Miles: 4
-Notes
A nice run with the family at the gym. Was so fun, having everyone check in periodically to see where everyone else was while they ran around working out. I just relaxed on the 'mill, couldn't believe I was able to go for so long and I didn't even like the movies that were playing!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009
-Weight training at the gym
45 min - arms and legs both on the machines
-Totals
Cumulative January Minutes: 105
-Notes
A fun workout with Dwayne and Josh playing around as well. They were my "coaches!" Nice to have company during my least (LEAST) favorite workout. Sore under shoulder blade for a few DAYS from the rowing machine, I'll bet. Yuck, don't like doing it, don't like how I feel afterwards, but sure don't mind a little toning in the arms!

Wednesday, January 7, 2009
-Wii Fit
45 min - cardio and balance games
-Totals
Cumulative January Minutes: 150
-Notes
Love my Wii Fit! My favorite games are the advanced step and hula hoop in cardio, and the ski slalom and ski jump in the balance games. Thank you, DH!

Thursday, January 8, 2009
45 min - RPM
-Totals
Cumulative January Minutes: 195
-Notes
Amy Burnes was my instructor, and I just love her spin class! All 'noobs in the class, was like I was the veteran, and I hadn't even been since last summer! Was almost able to do the entire class with no stops. . .just a few modifications here and there, looking forward to going again soon! Great XT, I'll bet.

Sunday, January 11, 2009
-BU BearTrail - Run
1:37:34.8 (97:34) - 6.5 miles!
-Totals
Daily minutes: 97
Cumulative January Minutes: 292
Cumulative January Miles: 10.5
-Notes
I can't believe I was able to cover 6.5 miles today. This evening, I'm still in disbelief! I had originally planned a 5 mile long run, but felt so strong at the 5 mile point and being excited about DH's Sullivan interview, I decided to keep right on trucking. I had the idea to do so at about 4 miles and hoped I could pull it off. After realizing the distance/boredom at the BU SLC indoor track/Gold's Gym TM dilemma this past week, and explaining it to my DH, he suggested he would accompany me along the way in his car on on his bicycle so I could run outside and still be safe. Lots of fiance points for this one! I think his support and "coaching" helped me make this distance today, as well as really listening to how my body felt the whole way through, eating well this morning, and getting plenty of sleep this night before. I had all my race supplies on me, cell phone and all, approximating my race conditions as closely as I could. I'll continue to do that for all my long runs from here on in. I'm so proud of myself! Here's to longer longer and longer runs preparing for my second half marathon!

Wednesday, January 7, 2009
-Wii Fit
30 min - cardio and balance games
-Totals
Daily minutes: 30
Cumulative January Minutes: 322
Cumulative January Miles: 10.5
-Notes
Love my Wii Fit! My favorite games are the advanced step and hula hoop in cardio, and the ski slalom and ski jump in the balance games. Thank you, DH!

Sunday, January 18, 2009
-BU BearTrail - Run (65-70 degrees - cool outfit, still hot!)
2:01:15.7 - 8 miles!
-Totals
Daily minutes: 121
Cumulative January Minutes: 413
Cumulative January Miles: 18.5
-Notes
A little bit of a bittersweet finish today. . .I was off-pace going into 6 miles, and had 3 minutes to make up at one point, after changing the water strategy on DH and trying to explain it to him at 5 3/4 miles on the Bear Trail. I will also admit that the 2 mile loops played on my head a little as well, because up to this point the out-and-backs were 2 miles, 1 mile, 1/2 mile, etc. But, I finished with one each of my two favorite men on each side of me giving me low-fives as I came across the "finish line." All in all, I did very well at only 1 min off-pace for adding 1.5 miles to my long run. I haven't run 8 miles since I was in high school for heaven's sake!! And, my gosh, I ran for two hours straight!! SH was duly impressed on the way home, and DH said he was proud. They had a good time waiting for me to finish, watching the girls run on the trail, etc. Silly guys, but good coaches, and even better family men.

Sunday, January 25, 2009
-BU BearTrail - Run (42-56 degrees - cool outfit, perfect weather!)
2:06:56.7 - 9 miles!
-Totals
Daily minutes: 126
Cumulative January Minutes: 539
Cumulative January Miles: 27.5
-Notes
An epic, super-tastic workout the likes of which I haven't run in literally a decade. I felt strong and proud the entire way, with no leg fatigue or back ache. SH and DH met me with small amounts of water and gatorade every two miles, and held out their arms for a loving finish line. They were so great, driving around the SLC parking lot to help me cool down. I was so hopped up on hormones and adrenaline - it was just an unbelieveable feeling. I walked stronger for about 10 minutes than I ever have in my life! Now for the bad news. . .nothing hurt, until I stepped off a curb in front of Russell Hall just after 5 miles, and the outside of my right foot hurt every step until I finished. And still hurts two days later, so having it looked at soon. Please, please tell me this isn't the end of my training. I'm holding a good thought, though, until I know something from the doctor.

Sunday, January 25, 2009
-BU BearTrail - Run (about 55 degrees - cool outfit, horrid weather)
2:04:24 - 8 miles!
-Totals
Daily minutes: 124
Cumulative February Minutes: 124
Cumulative February Miles: 8
-Notes
Tried to run the weekend after I saw the doctor on Tuesday, February 27, but after 3 miles I just bonked. Feet hurt like hell, wrapped up in athletic tape and the fracture hurt soooo badly. I felt so defeated, I didn't even want to try and run again, afraid of injuring it further and failing another workout. This time, I just started out on the SLC track and felt fine after 5 miles, so continued out to the BearTrail. Big mistake - wind was 15-20 mph out of the north and bitterly cold. The sun was shining, but the wind just kicked my butt and at 8 miles, I'd had enough. I just hit the wall, didn't want to go any further. I didn't have my water from the guys, so I was dehydrated as well. Better workout next time, I'm sure.

:wizard:I ran the Inaugural WDW Princess 1/2 Marathon! I couldn't believe I actually did it! Didn't run after the last 8 mile workout, worried about my cracked foot, two cracked heels, and an ingrown toenail. I was a hot mess the few days at home and in WDW before the run, but on race day, everything magically resolved itself and I didn't have anything to worry about while I was running. Nothing hurt, and I felt strong and happy. At the 10 mile mark, I took a picture with the 10 mile storybook mile marker, because that was the longest I had run in 10 years! Mom and DH were waiting for me at the finish line and hearing the new "celebration" music as I finished such an incredible run was amazing. I cried when the nice lady put my medal on me! Can't wait to sign up for next year on May 1!princess:

Sunday, March 29, 2009
-TM at the gym - Watching the Lady Bears basketball game
45 min - 4.0 pace for 3 miles
-Totals
Cumulative March Minutes: 60
Cumulative March Miles: 3
-Notes
Felt pretty labored - a long time off from running after the WDW run has taken its toll, but afterwards felt great!

Tuesday, April 7, 2009
-TM at the gym - Cardio Cinema (Bolt!)
30 min - 4.0 pace for 2 miles
-Totals
Cumulative April Minutes: 30
Cumulative April Miles: 2
-Notes
Think I'm PMSing, because I didn't feel strong at all. Didn't want to workout, didn't want to get ready, didn't want to climb onto the TM, didn't want to cool down, didn't want to drive home. Whine! Sorry I did it once I got home, didn't want to shower, felt nasty all evening. :confused3 Definitely the hormon-e's! :laughing:

Wednesday, April 8, 2009
-BodyPump with Amy B.
60 min - Endurance/weight training class
-Totals
Cumulative April Minutes: 90
-Notes
First BodyPump class - loved it! Was all wobbly afterwards, just like normal after weight lifting, even though I was only "lifting" the bar and 5s and 10s. Passey-outey during the pushups, overhead press, and back of arms - have to be careful about that. A tiny bit sore morning after, but overall, feel good.

Monday, April 13, 2009
-BodyPump with Amy B.
45 min - Endurance/weight training class
-Totals
Cumulative April Minutes: 135
-Notes
Really sore over the Easter weekend, lots to do at home, didn't make it to the gym. . .or did I?! I could swear I went in for a run sometime over the weekend. . .but I've forgotten. Anyway, second class went much better, used 5lbs on the bar for chest, 10 lbs each side for legs. Going to try and maintain that for the launch on Wednesday. . .we'll see!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009
-Running at the SLC indoor track
30 min - 15min/mile pace for 2 miles
-Totals
Cumulative April Minutes: 165
Cumulative April Miles: 4
-Notes
Felt pretty strong, did some pickups on laps 12, 14, 16, and 18. Really tired at the end, and really hungry. Holding on to some PMS water weight for about a week now, and I'm so sick of it! Slowing me down, felt really winded the whole workout. Please hormon-ees go away soon!

Monday, April 27, 2009
-TM at the gym - Cardio Cinema (Secondhand Lions)
30 min - 4.0 pace for 2 miles
-Totals
Cumulative April Minutes: 195
Cumulative April Miles: 4
-Notes
Felt pretty good, ran 20 minutes, walked 10 minutes at 3.5 pace. . .didn't feel great, but good overall.e I didn't feel strong at all. :laughing:

Tuesday, April 28, 2009
-BodyPump with Holly
-Totals
Cumulative April Minutes: 255
-Notes
Great class! Did 10's each side for legs, 5's each side for arms/chest. Abs are getting. . .better anyway. Loved Holly, really nice and liked her teaching style.

Thursday, April 30, 2009
-BodyPump with Kirsten
-Totals
Cumulative April Minutes: 315
-Notes
Good class. Dwayne tried to join, but bonked. Did 10's each side for legs, 7.5's each side for arms/chest. Abs are getting. . .better anyway. Didn't like Kirsten at all but am feeling much stronger all the time.

Monday, May 4, 2009
-BodyPump with Amy B.
-Totals
Cumulative May Minutes: 60
-Notes
Great, as always! Missed about 10 reps over the class, so, 's ok. Hands hurt and burning just was unbearable for some moves, but overall great.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009
-BodyPump with Amy B.
-Totals
Cumulative May Minutes: 120
-Notes
Great, as always! Missed about 10 reps over the class, so, 's ok. Hands hurt and burning just was unbearable for some moves, but overall great.

Thursday, May 7, 2009
-TM at the gym - Cardio Cinema
35 min - 4.0 pace for 2 miles
10 min - walk
-Totals
Cumulative May Minutes: 165
-Notes
Felt just okaaay. . .PMS week. 'Nuff said.

Well, I shifted my attention away from my health and fitness to adjusting to two awesome things going on lately: I'm finally a doctoral candidate, ABD and moving DH to Louisville to start pharmacy school! Wonderful changes are in store this year! I've worked out once or twice a week the past month or so, nothing serious, though. There is a small workout room here in DH's apartment complex, so I've started back walk/running on the treadmill most mornings before I get ready.

Sunday, July 5 - Saturday, July 11, 2009
-3 times: walk @ 3.0 for 90 sec/run @ 4.0 for 60 sec, according to the first week in the C25K program

Sunday, July 12 - Saturday, July 20
-Monday: TM for 30 minutes
walk @ 3.1-3.2 for 90 sec/run @ 4.0-4.5 for 60 sec

-Tuesday: TM for 35 minutes
same as Monday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter