WISH Journal

Here's to a comeback of epic proportions to complete my July EC! I've committed to a two-hour workout on July 31, which will include my second spin class and a water aerobics class!

Sunday, July 30, 2006
-Cardio
Jog @ 3.0, 70 min [147/164/745] CRAZINESS!
Walk @ 2.3, 5 min [133/144/125/36]
-Totals
Daily minutes: 75
Cumulative minutes: 880

Monday, July 31, 2006
-Cardio
Second spin class at the Y! WHEW, what a workout! [152/179/737]
-Stretching, toning
Water aerobics class at the Y - nice easy day after spin class. [111/144/363]
-Totals
Daily minutes: 120
Cumulative minutes: 1000!

I finished the July EC! YEA! I'm so happy that I actually pulled it out in the past couple of weeks with insane workouts. I love the spin class with the rock music, cool fans, friendly instructors and fellow crazy-fit people! Here's to the third step in my years' worth of completed ECs!

princess: Tuesday, August 1, 2006
-Cardio
Spin class at the Y - 60 min, 43:33 in zone [155/180/696]
-Abs
20 sit-ups on the incline bench - tough!
(4 sets of 5)
-Notes
Today I tolerated the standing run much better. During 1 min stand/1min sit sets, I made it through 3 runs while stopping twice during the 1 min period. I would count to 50, stop for a rest, then count to 50 again. By that time, the run was over. Otherwise, I completed the seated sprints and hills, except that on a couple of hills I stopped the resistance increases half-way through. My butt bones hurt, but a nice classmate lady got out a gel seat for me - much better. She said I'll get used to it and I sure hope so! Maybe I need a donut to sit on - what a price to pay for fitness. I'm getting stronger, though, and am looking forward to my 4th spin class!
-Totals
Daily minutes: 60
Cumulative August EC minutes: 60

:wizard: Wednesday, August 2, 2006
-Cardio, stretching, and toning
Water aerobics class at the Y - 60 min, 20:15 in zone [121/149/446]
-Notes
Great workout, had a fun time talking with Val.
-Totals
Cumulative August EC minutes: 120

princess: Thursday, August 3, 2006
-Cardio all the way!
Spin class at the Y - 60 min, 45:57 in zone [155/181/690]
-Notes
My legs and torso feel much stronger and I'm now able to jog to a count of 100 before I need to stop! Yessss.
-Totals
Cumulative August EC minutes: 180

:wizard: Monday, August 7, 2006
-Cardio
Spin class at the Y! [149/173/607]
-Notes
Today the instructor was Crystal, who was nice enough, but she talked way too much. I didn't even hear any of the music. Her instructions were way too detailed and I couldn't "escape" into the workout, as she focused so intently on our perceived intensity level. I like Kathryn and Kimberly way better.
-Totals
Daily minutes: 56 min, 47:14 in zone
Cumulative August EC minutes: 236

princess: Tuesday, August 8, 2006
-Cardio
Spin class at the Y! [149/180/607]
-Notes
Still Crystal, although she was really motivating during the sprints and hills. Very friendly as well, especially afterwards when we chatted.
-Totals
Daily minutes: 64
Cumulative August EC minutes: 300

:wizard: Wednesday, August 9, 2006
-Cardio
Water aerobics class at the Y [121/174/440]
-Notes
Becky was back, which was great! Arms totally killed me, but I noticed that the cardio portion was way easier stince starting spin class - yea!
-Totals
Cumulative August EC minutes: 360

:wizard: Friday, August 11, 2006
-Cardio on treadmill
Walk 5 min @ 2.5 to warm up
Run 15 min @ 4.0 for one mile! [155/175/227]
Walk 5 min @ 2.5 to cool down [136/154/46]
Jog 20 min @ 3.0 seemed easy!
Walk 5 min @ 2.5 to cool down [151/160/228]
-Notes
Yesssss. I did a mile in 15 minutes - it didn't kill me, but my HR did get up to 175. It mostly hovered between 160 and 170, but I was certainly out of breath. Legs, arms, and torso felt really strong, and I shortened my stride so as to minimize pounding on the knees. It worked! One mile down, 25 to go!!
-Totals
Daily minutes: 50
Cumulative August EC minutes: 410

princess: Saturday, August 12, 2006
-Cinderellie chores/outside yard work, raw data
1) 1:45:13, in zone 58:37 [127/165/848]
2) 1:04:09, in zone 12:25 [115/152/418]
-Notes
Cinderellie outside yard work: raked/cleaned between all shrubs, under crepe myrtles, worked with potted plants, soil down on ivy, watered and fed everything. It was exhausting, especially considering it was in the 90s and VERY humid the entire time! Lets count toward the exercize challenge the minutes while my HR was in the "fitness" zone, which totals 70 minutes.
-Totals
Daily minutes: 70
Cumulative August EC minutes: 480

Here's to being half finished with the August EC on time this month! I feel so much stronger and more fit than even when we returned from our June/July WDW vacation. Maybe by the end of the month I'll be able to run 1.5 miles under at a 15 min/mile pace! We'll see. . .
:wizard: Monday, August 14, 2006
-Cardio, running on the TM. . .yes, running!
5 min walk @ 2.5 pace to warm up
20 min run @ 4.0 pace [153/171/280]
5 min walk @ 2.5 pace to cool down
10 min run @ 4.0 pace [160/177/176]
5 min walk @ 2.5 pace to cool down
5 min run @ 4.0 pace [172/179/67]
10 min walk @ 2.5 pace to cool down [143/166/97]
-Notes
WOW, what a workout! I couldn't believe that I did 20 min, 10 min, then 5 min runs @ 15min/mile pace! Yessssss. Felt great, legs kind of wobbly, but finished the cool down walk strong.
-Totals
Cumulative August EC minutes: 540

princess: Tuesday, August 15, 2006
-Cardio
Spin class at the Y with Kimberley (my favorite instructor!) [152/180/761]
-Notes
This is the first time in a couple of weeks I've gotten to work out with her, and she's still my favorite! What a great class that moved along very quickly - no clock watching this time!
-Totals
Daily minutes: 65
Cumulative August EC minutes: 605

:wizard: Wednesday, August 16, 2006
-Cardio, toning, stretching
Water aerobics at the Y with Becky (my favorite instructor!) [121/174/440]
-Notes
Great workout with 5 interval-sprints, lots of arms and abs. It was a recovery workout from the intense spin class on Tuesday, so it wasn't meant to be a cardio-heavy workout.
-Totals
Daily minute: 60, 20;52 in zone
Cumulative August EC minutes: 665

princess: Thursday, August 17, 2006
-Cardio
Spin class at the Y [155/174/724]
-Notes
Brutal workout that I just heaved and suffered through. . .I have allergies with a stuffy nose and scratchy sinuses and throat. Felt dehydrated, was probably the allegra medication, as I drank a liter of water beforehand and a Gatorade and bottle of water afterwards. Got a terrible cramp in my foot in the shower - ouch. Not all of them can be stellar, can they? Hopefully next week will be much better.
-Totals
Cumulative August EC minutes: 725

Weighed in Monday for a loss of 2 pounds! Yesss.
I'm going to keep on keeping on with the exercise and eating better.

:wizard: Tuesday, August 22, 2006
-Cardio
Spin class at the Y [144/178/640]
-Notes
Kind of tough, still getting over my allergies, but I also didn't hydrate properly during the day. Boy, will I do so over the next few days, that's for sure. Also, elbow hurt pretty badly and the instructor was worried about me. That's no good. Anyway, the bike is now set at 1, .5, and 5, so we'll see how that works out, elbow-wise. I did 100 jog steps at a time this time for three sets, so that's definitely an improvement!
-Totals
Cumulative August EC minutes: 785

princess: Thursday, August 24, 2006
-Cardio
Spin class at the Y [151/183/717]
-Notes
Best spin class I've had since I started going! The bike is set perfectly so as to prevent elbow pain. I also did about 5-6 sets of 100 jog steps, so that was good. Kimberley is the best, and today was really great. Smiling on the way out, in fact!
-Totals
Cumulative August EC minutes: 845

princess: Friday, August 25, 2006
Water aerobics class at the Y [117/153/403]
-Notes
Meh. What a boring, uninspiring workout with Ann Claire the instructor. Met Dwayne's parents - that was cute.
-Totals
Daily minute: 60
August EC minutes: 905

It has been a tough September and October, 2006 after starting my third year of graduate school. I've missed out on 2 of my 12 consecutive completed ECs. We've also adjusted our vacation plans for 2007 - that was hard to do, but we're making the most of it. Our lifestyle around the house has drastically changed since Mom went to work in May - but I've definitely grown as a young woman through the changes. It can be difficult, but we're trying to take everything in stride knowing good things are coming in the next few years.
Seems like a good time to adjust my exercize goals as well. How about this - starting with December, 2006, a year's worth of consecutively completed ECs until November 2007? This is a great way to quantify not only my short-term exercize goals, but also a more long-term goal over a long period of time. Here's to a great year of improving my health, both in body and spirit.

This December brings a sparkling fresh new beginning in my training for my happily ever after! I've finally found an exercize program that works for me, working out at the Y and here at home on the TM. We've planned out our 2007 WDW vacations and have so much special-ness planned for both of them. I'd like to look and feel my best by the time we leave for the awesomest trip ever in May, and even more so for the mostest awesomest trip we've planned for next December!
I've been watching Oprah specials with Dr. Oz that tell us the good and bad things to eat - beyond not eating fast food and donuts (yumsters) - but telling us which oils to cook with, about different types of carbs, watching a waistline instead of a weight number. Which is neato mosquito in my case, because I've found that my weight fluctuates so much over the course of even a day, much less an entire month. So, I'm going to use Dr. Oz's "You on a Diet" tips and will be watching my waistline measurement that indicates how fatty my omentum is. That's the organ that determines how much risk your cardiovascular system is in from your weight. I'm also going to follow an invaluable tip that Dr. Phil dispensed a year ago or so. He says to focus on what you can control, not what you can't. That is, quantify the lifestyle attributes that you can control like minutes of exercize, or servings of goodies, and make those elements part of lifestyle goals. Not your weight, which you can't directly control.
I'm determined to live a healthier life, even if I am an athletic, fluffy princess. That's just me and I need to be my healthiest me and be satisfied with that. So, here's to a year devoted to my physical and spiritual well-being, culminating in a couple of really great milestones - vacations to WDW!

December 4, 2006 - DH and my 8th anniversary!
Here's to quantifying the elements of my goals for the upcoming year.

My "on-plan" days will include:
Drinking at least 1 liter of water per day
Only 1 serving of sweet something per day
Eating whole-grain carbs-minimizing enriched/refined flour to 1 serving per day
Some form of exercise - either planned fun at the Y or on the 'mill, a quick run up the stairs at school, or an AR routine.

My "on-plan" weeks will include:
One fast-food meal - only if a dire emergency arises!
250 minutes of planned exercise devoted to improving fitness

This is my jump-start on my 2007 resolution to improve my body and spirit through loving and accepting myself for the princess I am inside, not the princess I want to look like.

princess: Thursday, December 7, 2006
-Cardio: TM at home
5 min - Warm up walk/jog, stretching
30 min - Walk 9:30/Run :30 @ 2.7 [134/146/267]
5 min - Cool down walk
-Abs: AR
5 min - Beginner routine
-Totals
Daily minutes: 45
Cumulative December EC minutes: 45
-Notes
My muscles felt so tight - like the didn't remember how to walk quickly for a period of time! Running was not much better. Dusted off the TM and was out of breath - for heaven's sake. Was out of breath, but not terribly so - workout was fine, not sore or tired afterwards. This is going to take such a long time, but at least I did this for today. It really is one day at a time at this point.

I have a new reason for being healthier, in addition to looking great - adult princess t-shirts, which I'm desperate to fit into when we go back to Disney World next May!

December 12, 2006 - A date of distinction?
:bride: Today could be exactly 6 years away from our wedding in Disney World! princess:

5 min - Warm up walk/jog, stretching [123/133/33]
30 min - Run @ 3.0 [158/171/362]
10 min - Cool down walk [141/156/84]
-Abs: AR
5 min - Beginner routine
-Totals
Cumulative December EC minutes: 95
-Notes
I thought I may die after my first "HR trial" run of 30 minutes at 3.0 pace - but I didn't! I felt pretty strong throughout, legs did get a bit tired at the end, but recovered during the cool down walk. Left knee and ankle are very tight, though, may need to have them checked out eventually. Heart rate got really high the last 5 minutes, but I relaxed and pushed through to the end. Here's to many more successful workouts! On-plan day 1!

December 13, 2006 - OP Day 2!
-Toning
70 min - Water aerobics class at the Y with Becky!
-Totals
Cumulative December EC minutes: 165
-Notes
Tough but relaxing - just like I remembered it!

December 14, 2006
45 min - Cinderellie yard work outside!
5 min - AR beginner routine
-Totals
Cumulative December EC minutes: 215
-Notes
I'm really sore all over from yesterday's water aerobics - who would have thought?! Anyway, working outside this morning was really nice, and I'm tired afterward - definitely a workout.

December 15, 2006
-Toning
60 min - Water aerobics class at the Y with Becky!
-Totals
Cumulative December EC minutes: 275
-Notes
Tough but relaxing - 30 minutes of cardio mixed with arms and legs work - nice!

December 20, 2006
-Toning
60 min - Water aerobics class at the Y with Becky!
-Totals
Cumulative December EC minutes: 335
-Notes
Felt great - stronger already!

Thursday, December 28, 2006
5 min - Warm up walk @ 2.5
61 min - 1 min ladders @ 2.8w/3.0r/3.2r [154/172/694]
5 min - Cool down walk
-Totals
Daily minutes: 71
Cumulative December EC minutes: 406
-Notes
The 1-minute changes made time fly by! I read that interval training was more efficient than constant-pace training, so I tried - and loved - it! Felt great at the end. Today's workout was also the first thing I did this morning, before breakfast and everything, and it feels awesome to get it out of the way. Onward!

Friday, December 29, 2006
61 min - 1 min ladders @ 2.8w/3.0r/3.2r [152/167/698]
5 min - Cool down walk
-Totals
Daily minutes: 71
Cumulative December EC minutes: 477
-Notes
Ending up the year 2006 with 2 great workouts was a blast. A great jump-start on my 2007 renewed commitment to a healthier me! Didn't quite meet the December EC goal I'd set earlier in December, but having Christmas and New Years' parties here at home took a lot of energy and time out of my days. Here's to a great 2007 full of happiness and health in mind, spirit, and body.

8fa94db9.gif

2007 will be a year of wonderful events - we have 2 Disney vacations planned, both involving wonderfully unique, new experiences, Boyd and Val's weddings to attend, my Master's degree graduation, and so many birthday and holidays to celebrate in new ways. How exciting! I want to look and feel so much healthier for 2007 - the year of a million dreams celebrating many facets of our lives both at home and at our home in Florida - Walt Disney World!

:wizard: Tuesday, January 2, 2007 - OP Day 1
-Cardio: TM at home (AH)
61 min (to 3 miles!) - 1 min ladders @ 2.8w/3.0r/3.2r [142/162/607]
5 min - Cool down walk @ 2.5 - 2.0
-Totals
Daily minutes: 66
Cumulative January EC minutes: 66
-Notes
HR stats were considerably lower than the previous two TM workouts a week ago. I think it may have something to do with AH - we'll see. Legs were very tired at the end of the workout and I could hardly breathe because my sinuses are so inflammed from allergies. My new Nike360s are amazing for my feet - no toe smushing, heel pain, nothing! Love them - thank you, DH!Here's hoping the next cardio workout is much better!

:wizard: Wednesday, January 3, 2007 - OP Day 2
-Resistance training at the gym
45 min - Getting acquainted with the exercizes, trying out the gym for the first time
-Totals
Cumulative January EC minutes: 111
-Notes
Just figured out that I really need a resistance training log with weight and machine-setting records. The machines are nice and smooth with no wear and tear because everything is so new at Gold's. I really love it there and can't wait to go back on Friday with a shiny new workout log.

:wizard: Thursday, January 4, 2007 - OP Day 3
60:30 min (to 3 miles!) - 1 min ladders @ 2.8w/3.0r/3.2r [144/164/614]
-Totals
Cumulative January EC minutes: 177
-Notes
TM workout felt much easier than the first day - looks like the HR may not be related to AH! Not exhausted afterwards, but not bouncing off the wall, either. A good one.

:wizard: Friday, January 5, 2007 - OP Day 4
60 min - Learning my beginning workout weights, fitting the machines to myself, creating workout log
-Totals
Cumulative January EC minutes: 237
-Notes
Was actually about an hour and a half, but we'll round off to 60 minutes given all the time writing, fitting the machine settings, etc. Felt amazing afterwards!

Here's to the second week of training in 2007! After just a couple of workouts, I can already tell a big difference in my endurance and strength - especially in the torso area. I have an even better reward now for reaching my long term goal (which I haven't exactly defined yet) - a girlie pirate t-shirt that will be on sale at the Pirates event in May! So, add that to the girlie princess t-shirt reward, and I have an amazing reward package waiting for me in May!
Weekends are rough for me in the on-plan department. Really rough. But, I can really tell a difference when I'm on-plan for a few days.

My "on-plan" days will include:
Drinking at least 1 liter of water per day (Pretty easy, especially on workout days)
Only 1 serving of sweet something per day (Again, fairly easy)
No fast-food or sugary drinks (Easiest one of all, as I'm not even jonesing for those anymore)
Eating more whole-grain carbs - minimizing enriched/refined carbs to 1 serving per day (Tough!)
One serving of fresh fruit per day (Really tough!)

Tuesday, January 9, 2007
61:00 min (to 3 miles!) - 1 min ladders @ 2.8w/3.0r/3.2r [143/158/628]
-Totals
Cumulative January EC minutes: 303
-Notes
TM workout felt much easier than the ones last week - looks like the HR may not be related to AH! Not exhausted afterwards at all, feel fine. That's progress, for sure.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007
50 min - Followed workout log, lifted
-Totals
Cumulative January EC minutes: 353
-Notes
Felt great!

I have injured my back something terrible trying out a new desk chair to have here at home. It hurt so badly today, Thursday, January 11 that I opted not to do my morning cardio - but, believe me it was on my mind. Here's to finishing out this week as best I can with a really hurt back.

Friday, January 12, 2007
50 min - Followed workout log, lifted
-Totals
Cumulative January EC minutes: 403
-Notes
Increased weight on just about everything - can really feel I'm starting to get stronger! Huh!

Saturday, January 13
40 min (to 2 miles!) - 1 min ladders @ 2.9w/3.1r/3.3r [151/163/440]
-Totals
Cumulative January EC minutes: 448
-Notes
Back is really hurting still, but getting better. Great run, but not much time because I needed to make our DVC reservations for May immediately afterwards! And, I talked with DH during the run, which I think kept my HR way down. What a day! I'm so glad to be able to stay on schedule with my minutes - like completing 500 by the end of two weeks. Makes it so much easier toward the end of the month.

Overall, I'm doing great - except for this nagging lower back pain, which just will not go away. Its really starting to get me down mentally, as I'm just sick of hurting. :sad1: But, I'm dedicated to staying warm and loose with my workouts, and, short of hurting myself further, I'm giving it my all each and every workout. :cheer2: I keep thinking about our Disney vacation in May and how much I want to fit in those cute t-shirts. Failure is not an option at this point!! I also want to look and feel great when I receive my master's degree diploma. I'm muscle-ing through, but it is without a doubt the toughest set of workouts I've ever done - including the marathon training. I'm beginning to think that my age has something to do with it - thanks for the reminder yesterday, Mom! ;) Anyway, onward and upward with my third week of training - this one should be better. No, it WILL be better! :cheer2:

Monday, January 15, 2007 - MLK holiday from school!-Cardio: TM at home
10 min - Warm up walk @ 1.5-2.8
40 min - 1 min ladders @ 2.9w/3.1r/3.3r [158/172/474]
20 min - Walk @ 2.8 - 2.0 [147/159/157]
5 min (to 2.82 miles) - Cool down walk @ 1.5 [136/143/139]
-Totals
Cumulative January EC minutes: 513

-Notes
Ok, we need a small analysis here. First - conditions: freezing/winter ice storm going on outside, and I wasn't poking my head out, no way. I was so cold here in the house, what better way to warm up than with a nice run?

Next - pros/cons: there were many forces at work today that made me not especially want to hop on the TM, but I did do some things right. Here's a whiny breakdown:

Cons - felt lousy all day; general body aches all over; back really tight and hurting; new chest pain that has me concerned, but I'm sure its just indigestion or something; inflammed sinuses (allergies? cold/flu?); cold, quiet, dark, lonely house with both Mom and DH gone; slept until noon because I was up until 2am this morning (groggy and sore) and because I could with the school holiday; working out way later than I usually do - 5-6pm; general not-wanting-to's.
Pros - drank 700 mL before working out, then another during and after (1.4 L today!); ate oatmeal for breakfast, a whole-grain ham/chez sand and Triscuits with little Diet coke for lunch, and a half Kashi bar for a snack before working out (diet: GREAT!); took getting dressed and pumped very slowly, then warmed up extremely slowly; felt ready to go.

I was watching my HR, trying out my new pace of 2.9/3.1/3.3 for the second time since Saturday went so well, and noticed that my HR was elevated even through the walks. By the end of the 30 minutes, my legs were rubber, and I was hitting 170 during the 3.3s. The 2.9s felt extremely labored, like my legs couldn't keep up. Not even my great music and mag rags could keep me occupied. So, at 30 minutes, I backed off to 2.8/3.1/3.3 as I wanted to keep my jogging pace. I was still hitting 166-170, so I decided to walk at 2.8 - 2.5 the rest of the hour. I just bonked. :sad1: I don't know quite what's going on, but I think I have some sort of allergic/inflammatory response going on. I'm going to continue on with my workouts and eating plan this week, but I just feel terrible. Add to that DH and I starting back to school, Christmas being over and us needing to take decorations down and I have a recipe for failure. BUT, I'm not quitting after coming so far already! I'm half-way to my January EC, and I'm not letting up! :cheer2: I have a Pirate adventure and a master's graduation to look great for!pirate:

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - Snow/ice day home from school!
5 min - Warm up walk @ 2.0-2.5
45 min - 1 min ladders @ 2.8w/3.1r/3.3r [151/168/531]
15 min - 1 min ladders @ 2.8w/3.1r/3.3r [161/171/189]
15 min - Walk @ 2.0 [133/162/133]
-Totals
Daily minutes: 75
Cumulative January EC minutes: 588
-Notes
Today's workout went about a hundred times better - but, I have stuffy sinuses that acted up a little. At 45 min, I saw my HR going to 168, so I thought about backing off. That's why I stopped the HR monitor and took a reading. After continuing on for the 15 additional minutes, I was fine and just kept going to 3 miles completed in 1 hour. Tacked on some minutes at the end with a nice walk that was still above the fitness HR zone. Feel pretty good afterwards, with a little soreness in the left knee and fatigue. No breakfast beforehand and working out at 11:30am probably has something to do with that. Proud of myself, though, and am ready to enjoy my day at home!

Thursday, January 18, 2007
60 min - Followed workout log, lifted and ran on the TM to warm up and cool down
-Totals
Cumulative January EC minutes: 648
-Notes
A great workout - challenged myself on a number of exercizes and made it!

Friday, January 19, 2007
10 min - Warm up walk @ 2.0 - 2.5
60:00 min (to 3 miles!) - 1 min ladders @ 2.8w/3.1r/3.3r [152/165/669]
5 min - Cool down walk @ 2.5 - 2.0 [133/147/46]
-Totals
Cumulative January EC minutes: 713
-Notes
I feel awesome! Legs are a little tired, but I'm not sore or exhausted at all! My back is twinge-y, but I'm doing much better this week, for sure.

Starting to really feel better now - like what I've been doing for a month has finally started to pay off. Went to the doctor today and am very happy with my weight - for the first time in a long time.

Monday, January 22, 2007
60:00 min (to 3 miles!) - 1 min ladders @ 2.8w/3.1r/3.3r [151/166/660]
-Totals
Cumulative January EC minutes: 778
-Notes
Routine workout - yea for doing it, though!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007
60 min - Followed workout log, lifted and ran on the TM to warm up and cool down
-Totals
Cumulative January EC minutes: 838
-Notes
A great workout - challenged myself on a number of exercizes and made it!

Thursday, January 25, 2007
50 min - 1 min ladders @ 2.8w/3.1r/3.3r [144/158/489]
10 min - Straight running at 3.3 [159/163/119]
5 min - Cool down walk @ 2.0 [128/151/47]
-Totals
Cumulative January EC minutes: 903
-Notes
The final run felt amazing - and notice how my HR didn't go above 85%max of 166!! I'm feeling like the resistance training is really paying off, as I run stronger and more efficiently the more I lift. The knee is still bothering me, and the back, but I'm going to see an orthopedic specialist about the left knee/leg uneven-ness. Yea for me!

Here's to a great workout week that includes my finishing the January EC! I'm so excited about it!

Monday, January 29, 2007
7 min - Warm up walk @ 2.0 - 2.5
50 min - 1 min ladders @ 2.8w/3.2r/3.4r [146/161/514]
10 min (to 3.14 miles!)- Straight running at 3.4 [158/162/116]
10 min - Cool down PP/walk @ 2.0 [129/152/80]
-Totals
Cumulative January EC minutes: 973
-Notes
The final run felt amazing - and notice how my HR didn't go above 85%max of 166!! Knee doesn't bother me quite as much - figures you make an appointment with the doctor and the injury heals itself! I feel awesome - stepping up the pace, but keeping the HR under control - starting to get crazy ideas for February goals, but will kick them around and announce them when the February EC begins. For now, I'm so excited to finish my January EC in style! I feel like I can really do this weight loss thing - FINALLY!

Tuesday, January 30, 2007
50 min - Followed workout log, lifted and ran on the TM to warm up
-Totals
Cumulative January EC minutes: 1023
-Notes
Not a great workout, but I made it through and finished the January EC in style at the gym! Feels awesome to have finished my first EC of the year! Now, hopefully in February I'll be able to better balance my responsibilities at home, at school, and at the gym a bit better. Its getting there, but its taking some time. Onward!

Thursday, February 1, 2007
-Totals
Cumulative February EC minutes: 50
-Notes
Not a great workout either. Just not a good gym week, but the most important thing is that I went, even though I haven't felt real hot the past couple of weeks.

Friday, February 2, 2007
5 min - Warm up walk @ 2.0 - 2.5
60 min - 1 min ladders @ 2.8w/3.2r/3.4r [149/165/647]
5 min - Cool down PP/walk @ 2.0
-Totals
Cumulative February EC minutes: 115
-Notes
Felt great! I really need to focus on more cardio, though, as I don't think I'm getting all that smaller due to the weight lifting. More cardio, higher repetition lifting - lets see how that works out. Smaller for March!

Here's to another week of training before my birthday!

Monday, February 5, 2007
5 min - Warm up walk @ 2.0 - 2.5
30 min (great HR!!)- 1 min ladders @ 2.8w/3.2r/3.4r [142/156/216+]
16 min - run @ 3.5 until HR reached 85% max @ 167
5 min - run @ 3.3 [161/168/263]
9 min - walk @ 2.5 [133/149/78]
-Totals
Cumulative February EC minutes: 175
-Notes
Good one, for sure. First day with the Dr. Scholls lift in my left shoe - knee may be a bit better, but not really an appreciable difference just yet. Great start for February! Look at that HR for the 1 min ladders! I may need to increase the speed next week - we'll see!

My 26th birthday was on Sunday - had an Aloha luau! Such a fun party. For the first time in so long, I'm actually satisfied with my weight - which is a dangerous thing for me. Its hard to keep going on track when I'm even a bit comfortable, so quit that! Anyway, I'm proud of myself, but am trying to stay on target as I continue working on my thesis - its so hard to work on my master's degree for gosh knows how long each day and to fit in workouts. So, here's to finishing out February with a completed EC!

Monday, February 12, 2007
-Totals
Cumulative February EC minutes: 225
-Notes
Great workout! Followed my workout log and TMed to keep warm while waiting for machines. Am getting much stronger, watching the weights increase and hopefully watching mine decrease!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007
-Resistance training and running at the gym
80 min - Followed workout log, lifted for 60 min and ran on the TM for 20 min
-Totals
Daily minutes: 80
Cumulative February EC minutes: 305
-Notes
Great workout! Left school at 3:30 - will start doing that more often - and the gym was blissfully uncrowded. Nice one.

Sigh - I have some 'splainin to do. Trying to finish up data collection, do well in Kirk's advanced exp. design class, and keeping up with L&B lab is kicking my rear. Which looks quite nice, if I do say so myself. Consistent workouts are out the window, so I'm just trying to complete the EC at this point. 's OK because I started spin class this week to boost the cardio factor - it's working already! Here's to finishing the February EC! Onward!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007
-RPM spin class at the gym - number 1!
50 min - RPM
10 min - run/walk on the TM
-Totals
Cumulative February EC minutes: 365
-Notes
Instructor was Ashley, who was just ok. Met a friend to sit with in the back, Melody. Next time need to go early, put towel and water on the bike to save it while I change. Ashley wasn't really motivating, but was pleasant enough. Kicked my booty big time and am sore in weird places a day later. A great workout, though!

Wednesday, February 21, 2007
-Resistance training and TM
30 min - 3.5 (17:08) pace and felt just fine!
30 min - Arms only weights
-Totals
Cumulative February EC minutes: 425
-Notes
Rushed workout, but great cardio session on the gym's mill. Maybe do more of that, we'll see.

Thursday, February 22, 2007
-RPM spin class at the gym - number 2!
70 min - RPM
10 min - run/walk on the TM
-Totals
Daily minutes: 80
Cumulative February EC minutes: 505
-Notes
Instructor was Morgan, who was cool. Melody was there again, and she's nice. Great workout, back is a little twingy, but I can safely say that I am spinning again! Its fun - which is so strange, because my butt hurts so bad and I'm soreish all over. Time for bed - I'm exhausted in a good way.

Monday, February 26, 2007
-RPM spin class at the gym - number 3!
60 min - RPM [150/183/676]
-Totals
Cumulative February EC minutes: 565
-Notes
Conan was the instructor and I think he was my favorite so far. Lights and fans were on - not sure how I liked the lights on. Maybe better, because I could see Conan watching us. Music was great. Good one!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007
-RPM spin class at the gym - number 4!
60 min - RPM [God only knows!]
-Totals
Cumulative February EC minutes: 625
-Notes
Did NOT want to go, but really glad I went anyway. Conan is awesome, like him a lot. Music was great, fans and lights on, really comfortable. I feel skinnier, which is funny, but true!

Friday, March 2, 2007
-RPM spin class at the gym - number 5!
60 min - RPM [136/177/828]
10 min - TM jogging
-Totals
Cumulative February EC minutes: 695
-Notes
Helll-o, good gosh can I not push those minutes up to catch up to my February EC?? This Master's deadling is killing me, but by golly I'm doing it, dammit. If it kills me! I'm really looking forward to getting my spinning shoes in. Morgan was the instructor today, not great, but really nice. No fans, whew! TM jogging felt great - I'm getting stronger by the workout. I'm trying to take care of myself even through these thesis deadlines because of something I read in You:On a Diet - if you can't make time for health and wellness in your day, then your life is out of control. I'm trying desperately to keep things in control, especially when it comes to balancing work, health, spirit, and home. I can do this!

Here's to a new schedule, more adjustments - one of many in a constantly-changing life! I wouldn't have it any other way!
My weight is just fine for now, and everyone's compliments are so nice. I'd like to be stronger, ramp up my metabolism, and just overall tone up, looking good for our little trip to Vegas and for this Christmas' trip to Disney World. Now is as good as any time to establish a new exercise routine, so here goes:

Friday, June 22, 2007
Swimming - 127/177/474
Totals:
Daily: 30
June EC: 30

Monday, June 25, 2007
TaeBo - 154/184/667
Totals:
June EC: 60

Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Cardio (TM @ 3.5 for 30min) & Lift - 140/166/604
Totals:
Daily: 60
June EC: 120

Wednesday, June 27, 2007
TM at home - 146/161/618
Totals:
June EC: 150

Thursday, June 28, 2007
Cardio (TM @ 4.0 for 30min; @ 3.0 for 10min) & Lift - 162/176/707; 141/162/194
Totals:
Daily: 70
June EC: 220

Monday, July 2, 2007
-Swimming at the gym
27 min [I don't know and don't care]
-Totals
Daily minutes: 27
Cumulative July EC minutes: 27
-Notes
Worst workout ever! :mad: I'm having a difficult time finding a routine, comfortable way to fit working out into my schedule. It takes so much time to get ready, etc. But, after running at the gym in my 360s last week, which felt awesome, I think I'm ready to get back into running. The pool was awful today with certain groups of people swarming - its hard to get a lane and there are dirty old men looking at the girls in there - so much for swimming.

Wednesday, July 4, 2007
-Cardio: TM at the gym
5 min - Warm up walk @ 2.0
30 min - Run @ 4.0 [156/169/567]
-Totals
Daily minutes: 40
Cumulative July EC minutes: 67
-Notes
Best workout ever!:cool1: Felt strong and fit while running 15 minute miles for two miles! :yay: Love this feeling, love how I feel about myself. Ate horrendously at Chinese July 4 family dinner, then ice creams at Sonic - but, I had to celebrate the 4th! popcorn:: I'm in love with running again, and I think its because of my Nike 360s!

Friday, July 6, 2007
35 min - Run @ 4.0 [155/171/822]
-Totals
Cumulative July EC minutes: 112
-Notes
Felt great. A little sore this evening, but that's ok. Strong run, watching Ellen and Oprah. So fun!

Monday, July 9, 2007
40 min - Run @ 4.0 [159/169/910] (!)
10 min - Cool down PP/walk @ 2.0 - 3.0
-Totals
Daily minutes: 55
Cumulative July EC minutes: 167
-Notes
Great workout, listening to my tunes. At 35 minutes, I was relaxed, feeling pretty good, and my HR was at 164 or so. I didn't want the HR to get above 170, so I kept a close eye on it and kept on going. At 37:30 I was fine at 167, so I kept going to 40 minutes! That means I almost reached 3 miles!! Whoo!!

Tuesday, July 10, 2007
-Resistance: Weight lifting at the gym
10 min - Warm up walk @ 2.0 on the TM
45 min - Machines, all exercizes
10 min - Cool down walk @ 2.0 - 3.0 on the TM
-Totals
Cumulative July EC minutes: 232
-Notes
Blah workout - I've figured out that I hate the weight lifting. I know, I know, build muscle, burn fat, but I just don't seem to be getting stronger. What am I saying, I haven't done this very consistently, have I? Well, now I'm giving myself license to NOT like this anymore. So there. I don't even feel very well afterwards, just drained and tired. Looking forward to tomorrow, for sure.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007
-Abs: AbRoller
15 min - entire video workout!
-Totals
Daily minutes: 15
Cumulative July EC minutes: 247
-Notes
I can't believe I finished the entire AbRoller workout without stopping! Whoo! Some soreness, especially during the run Thursday, but that's ok. No pain, no gain!

Thursday, July 12, 2007
40 min - Run @ 4.0 [153/162/868]
5 min - Cool down PP/walk @ 2.0 - 3.0
-Totals
Cumulative July EC minutes: 312
-Notes
Awesome workout, watching Ellen! Look at that HR! Felt great the entire time and love those endorphins at the end! Whoo!

Friday, July 13, 2007
-Totals
Cumulative July EC minutes: 327
-Notes
Nice ab workout, can definitely tell a difference already!

Saturday, July 14, 2007
-Totals
Cumulative July EC minutes: 342
-Notes
Becoming easier, for sure!

Monday, July 16, 2007
-Totals
Cumulative July EC minutes: 357
-Notes
Physical changes aren't coming so quickly, but I can tell my core is much stronger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter