• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wish Maiden Voyage Delayed

We were on the Maiden Voyage and we can’t do the new dates due to another commitment in July that we can’t cancel. While I’m disappointed because w shave never sailed a Maiden Voyage before, I understand that delays happen and look forward to rebooking for another time.

We were July 11th concierge BUT the 50% makes things really nice and we just got a call to rebook. At least this may open up July for another trip somewhere! Good problems to have :)

I'm on June 20. It fit well into summer between kids camps and obligations. Plus we really wanted concierge. Now i believe concierge is sold out on all the wish voyages..so what then? plus airfare i have to move around. What an unfun experience. 6 weeks is a big miss!! I was on MV for Fantasy and they moved it UP a week!

I was actually planning on moving our July cruise to the fall or winter and have been checking availability frequently - last time I checked, there were still concierge staterooms available later in the year (fall/winter) and into 2023. Once the sailings are posted again, I would just go on the website to see if you can find a sailing that will work for you. If you take the FCC, you can use it through December 31, 2023, so there is a bit of a buffer to, hopefully, find a sailing and room category that works for your family.

We were booked on the July 8th cruise fully paid for with FCC from March 2020. Apparently is it all being returned to my account with no mention of an extension of being extended for use date. We thought it would all be used by 9/30/22, but now I'm not so sure.

Are the remaining itineraries still posted somewhere? I see online that DCL has pulled down the sailings until 2/08, but I'm hoping to call to re-book before 2/08 (and need to know what sailings exist before I call).

So bummed! We were going to be on July 4th cruise... kids were so excited for the wish. This is our best week for vacation this summer so looking at Med cruise now to take most advantage of 50 % off....scared that would be canceled too though :( We had med booked for summer of 2020 and it was canceled. covid go away!

Couple questions we probably don’t know the answer to yet.

1. If booked back to back , we get two future cruises we get 50% off of ?

2. Does the new cruise have to be on the Wish ?

3. Assuming we don’t have to rebook on wish , can I take my 3 night and 4 night and book two 7 nights at 50% off each ?? That would be great. Sounds too good to be true but I already have one cruise selected that I went to book.

Couple questions we probably don’t know the answer to yet.

1. If booked back to back , we get two future cruises we get 50% off of ?

2. Does the new cruise have to be on the Wish ?

3. Assuming we don’t have to rebook on wish , can I take my 3 night and 4 night and book two 7 nights at 50% off each ?? That would be great. Sounds too good to be true but I already have one cruise selected that I went to book.

1- yes since they were 2 different sailings
2- no several others have already rebooked on other ships
3- correct as far as it appears

I am going to take my refund and move on. Adventures by Disney got cancelled and now the Wish. Not my year for Disney. Since I had days in the parks on either side of the cruise so I have scheduled a cruise on another cruise line for the same time period so I don't have to change anything else.

What was the availability for the July cruises on the Wish before this happened? Were they sold out? We were on the DVC with the following cruise as a back to back. We would like to create another back to back-just don’t know what availability there will be on the 7/22?

I was booked on one of the cancelled cruises, my response was okay this is life. I most definitely am going to enjoy the 50% discount. If not the maiden voyage just a cruise

We were supposed to set sail on one of the cancelled Wish cruises at the end of June. Looks like we will see what cabins are still available for the Wish when booking reopens on Feb. 8.

Are the remaining itineraries still posted somewhere? I see online that DCL has pulled down the sailings until 2/08, but I'm hoping to call to re-book before 2/08 (and need to know what sailings exist before I call).

You can't re-book the Wish until Feb. 8

What was the availability for the July cruises on the Wish before this happened? Were they sold out? We were on the DVC with the following cruise as a back to back. We would like to create another back to back-just don’t know what availability there will be on the 7/22?

The last I checked, there was still limited availability on the late July cruises, but, if memory serves, most, if not all, verandahs were sold out and concierge staterooms were sold out. Summer, in general, was slim pickings. Things didn't really seem to open up until Oct./Nov.

We were concierge little mermaid stateroom on July 8 and July 11 applying a 40% discount from the PC cruise to one and a125 fcc because of another cancelled cruise to the other. Happy about the 50% off of future cruise, but now I need to refamiliarize myself with the limits of the original 40% off and 125 fcc to know when those expire. Does anyone know current expiration dates for these? Also had moved our original cruise booking twice before getting cancelled anyway. Hoping for some great upcoming cruises! Stupid Covid!

We’ve been booked on the July 25 sailing since opening day, but just last week decided to make it a b2b and added the July 22 sailing. There weren’t a ton of options when I added July 22 last week, but I had at least 12-15 midship verandah rooms to choose from.

We won a trip on the pre-inaugural through the Yesr of Wishes sweepstakes and Disney hasn’t communicated yet with the winners about whether there will still be a pre-inaugural but in July or whether they will do something different for us. Can’t be mad because we (hopefully) still get a free cruise but I hope they communicate soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter