Wish questions for recent travelers (Concierge, Rainforest Room)

earfulofmagic

cranking out magic and assembly line whimsy
Hi all! Some Wish questions I can't find the answer to...

1) Anyone been on a 4-night sailing recently who can share what the length-of-cruise Rainforest Room couple's pass cost? Even singleton pass cost will be helpful.

2) We're sailing Concierge; does anyone know if Concierge once on board can arrange a Rainforest Room pass for us? Or do we have to go to the spa ourselves?

3) From here I can see the Concierge room service menu is available for cat 2B and up; we're in 3A (concierge stateroom w/verandah), so we have the "standard" room service menu? Can anyone confirm? (Note I am NOT asking about ordering MDR for room service.)

4) Does the Concierge sun deck have specific hours, or can you access anytime with your KTTW card?

Thanks in advance!:flower:

1) Anyone been on a 4-night sailing recently who can share what the length-of-cruise Rainforest Room couple's pass cost? Even singleton pass cost will be helpful.

2) We're sailing Concierge; does anyone know if Concierge once on board can arrange a Rainforest Room pass for us? Or do we have to go to the spa ourselves?

3) From here I can see the Concierge room service menu is available for cat 2B and up; we're in 3A (concierge stateroom w/verandah), so we have the "standard" room service menu? Can anyone confirm? (Note I am NOT asking about ordering MDR for room service.)

4) Does the Concierge sun deck have specific hours, or can you access anytime with your KTTW card?

1) not sure-once I saw the RR was open to viewing from the "walking track" I lost all interest
2) on embarkation day I saw a member of the spa in the lounge, I'm guessing to make appointments
3) while we didn't take advantage of it, pretty sure the regular room service menu was available
4) I don't believe the sun deck had stated hours-the bartender was only out at certain times but we were able to access early in the am

sorry for the partial knowledge :)

The sundeck technically has the same hours as the lounge, but they are both accessible with your card at this time. No one will say anything if you do choose to access them when "closed."

The way the room service thing was explained to me on another cruise was that they do the MDR room service offering for 'rooms with dining tables.' I know you weren't asking about the MDR room service but they probably apply the same logic to the Wish for the new menu.

That said, I believe there's also a hot menu in the lounge that anyone in concierge can order from (in addition to the usual case of premade things). So, even if you aren't in a suite, I think you could order those food items and take them back to your room if you wanted. What I do not know is how different that menu is from the concierge room service menu. I'll be able to report back in a few weeks though!

They don’t have a couples pass, it was just individual passes when my husband and I bought them. For a 3-night cruuse we each paid about $200 (including the automatic 18% gratuity). It was not worth it.

It was $280(?)@ about for the 4 night cruise. You could begin using the Rainforest room after 4:30 on embarkation day (we didn't but it would have improved the value). We would do it again. My mom really enjoyed it. Thought the music was odd...not really spa music...but not horrible could be improved upon.
Didn't see many walkers while on the sun deck...maybe 3 while we were there for the length of the cruise.

Just got off yesterday from a 4n on the wish. The length of stay rainforest room pass was $190 plus tax, which ended up to be about $225 total. The first day I walked down to the spa to sign up. It was easy and not really any sales pitches for anything else. That being said, I don't feel it was worth it. There were times I had to grind my day to a halt to go to the room to make sure I was using the amenity to make the cost feel "worth it". I won't ever buy one again.

Thanks everyone for your input, very much appreciated! :-)
Headed down to the world pre-cruise for a few days then back to the world post-cruise, so will be away from here for a while. But I'll see if I can return with answers on whether Concierge can arrange the Rainforest Room pass on behalf of guests and the question on whether all concierge categories get the "fancy" concierge in-room dining (non-MDR) menu.

Thanks again!

Just got off yesterday from a 4n on the wish. The length of stay rainforest room pass was $190 plus tax, which ended up to be about $225 total. The first day I walked down to the spa to sign up. It was easy and not really any sales pitches for anything else. That being said, I don't feel it was worth it. There were times I had to grind my day to a halt to go to the room to make sure I was using the amenity to make the cost feel "worth it". I won't ever buy one again.
The reality that the cost is per person was a slap to the face. I had a hard time talking myself into it when that was the price for two on a 7 night Fantasy. There's just no way its worth that for us. (To each their own of course)

Don't know if it has changed since august, but when we were there the sundeck would close at sunset. Main reason is is forward of the bridge, so can have lighting up there (so probably too dark at night to be safe to use and dont want people bringing out lights to see/read and effect the bridge).

i know this is an old thread going soon but is the internet included the entire time as it is on the other cruises with the concierge now or is it still just one day? and if you buy it for the length of the cruise i assume a day is taken off?

i know this is an old thread going soon but is the internet included the entire time as it is on the other cruises with the concierge now or is it still just one day? and if you buy it for the length of the cruise i assume a day is taken off?
It's one 24-hour period (whenever you choose to begin). I used mine pretty close to the start of the cruise, and from what I remember, when I went to buy for the rest of the cruise it knew when my free 24 hours was up and the internet package was customized to that (e.g., offer for basic internet was 3 days at X rate).

As far as I can tell the internet package does that anyway regardless of whether you have a free 24 hours; meaning, if you are non-concierge and decide to buy on night 2 of a 4-night cruise, the only packages presented to you would be 2 nights' length or fewer.

It's one 24-hour period (whenever you choose to begin). I used mine pretty close to the start of the cruise, and from what I remember, when I went to buy for the rest of the cruise it knew when my free 24 hours was up and the internet package was customized to that (e.g., offer for basic internet was 3 days at X rate).

As far as I can tell the internet package does that anyway regardless of whether you have a free 24 hours; meaning, if you are non-concierge and decide to buy on night 2 of a 4-night cruise, the only packages presented to you would be 2 nights' length or fewer.
ok awesome thanks

Thanks everyone for your input, very much appreciated! :-)
Headed down to the world pre-cruise for a few days then back to the world post-cruise, so will be away from here for a while. But I'll see if I can return with answers on whether Concierge can arrange the Rainforest Room pass on behalf of guests and the question on whether all concierge categories get the "fancy" concierge in-room dining (non-MDR) menu.

Thanks again!

And an update on the "fancy" concierge in-room dining (non-MDR) menu: no, indeed only cat 2B and up will have that. That said, wow the Concierge Lounge on the Wish had some excellent treats, we never ordered anything via room service after all!

Somehow I was not truly prepared for the sticker shock you all warned me about for the Rainforest Room pass. Cannot believe how pricy that is. We did not partake and didn't feel like we missed out at all between the Concierge sun deck and lounge. Maybe next time if we cruise the Wish non-concierge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter