WISH Sorceror Mickey on the overpass...

thndrmatt

Real Life Mickey Wannabe!
... will sadly be imaginary this year.

I am smack in the middle of my 6th deployment, and there will be no surprise return nor random business trip or anything else bringing me to the WDW area this year, as I still have a few months to go. It was a great run of 5 years in a row cheering everyone through miles 2 and 10, but alas this streak must come to an end.

I will certainly be hanging on to my Legacy status at the DL half for as long as possible, they'll have to snatch that from me kicking and screaming.

I WISH all of you the best of luck, and hope that those of you who remember me from years past will have that memory push you along through that portion of the race.

Enjoy the fruits of your labor, and remember race day is a celebration! :banana: Until next time...

Matt The thought of you up there will bring back all the great memories of the sight and sound of you being there. Thanks for all your smiling, cheering, running support. You will be missed.

Maura

Sorry to hear this, even as a 2 hour halfer I will miss the hat and wave..

You wearing the hat here in Houston?

Matt, Huge Hugs to you!

Thank you for being there as you have and for sure you will be with me/us this year as well even if it is my lame imagination.

I look forward to your smiling return.

OMG Matt thoughts, prayers and of course pixie dust to you during your deployment.

You have helped me get through more races then you know. You gave me such a boost when you walked through world showcase with me during my first goofy which was also my first marathon and you said I was looking great and that I had this no problem.

Will really miss you at the overpass as well.

Take care and I hope we can see you there next year.

Kim

Ok we will let you slide this year but get your butt back there for 2013! Your being there has become part of the magic, you will be missed brother athlete and warrior.

Dave:hippie:

You will be very missed! You helped me through my first marathon too, through AK and again around mile 20ish. Your cheering and support means a lot! Hopefully you will be back at your post next year. Stay safe :hug:

Matt,

Thank you for all of your support and I know you will be thinking of us all next weekend. You really did help me more than you know when you ran the stretch through the Contemporary Hill in to the MK with me back at my first marathon in 2009. :wizard:

-Eva

Oh no! I'll definitely miss you Matt. When I was feeling crappy out there and I could see you on the overpass in the Sorcerer Hat, it was such a boost. I'd think "There's Matt", see you waving and I could feel my steps lighten.

I'll hold onto that image during this race to help get me through.

Good luck with your deployment and hope to see you back in 2013.

Terri

Oh man what a bummer. Sorry you can't make it. Always brings a smile to my face when I see you up there.

Not only are you one of the best WISH cheerleaders - you are coming to the boards to post to us while you are deployed.

You seriously rock & will be missed this year, Matt. :thumbsup2

Aww, Matt, you will be missed. You're always a highlight - the kind of WISHer I want to be when I grow up. Most of all, though, I'm sad that you won't be around for your race & fun time! I most certainly hope to see you in 2013. And that your 6th deployment :worship: goes smoothly! I admire you!

You'll be greatly missed, Matt. It was always a treat and pick-me-up to see you up there every year. Stay safe and we'll see you next year.

Oh Matt, I will miss you too. I can't believe you can spot me and call me out by name from up there. Sooooo sweet! You stay safe and we will reserve your spot on that over pass for 2013.

:hug:

Matt,
It won't be the same without you. I'll give a wave to the imaginary you on the overpass, and break off of the marathon for a ride on Everest in your honor.

Be safe.

I'll miss seeing you Matt! It always brought a smile to my face to see you up on the overpass. Stay safe and maybe we'll see you next year :)

Even though I'm not over there this year, I just wanted to thank you for all of your support and seemingly endless energy! It amazed and inspired me for my first WDW marathon. Stay safe and hope to see that little hat some time in the future.

Oh no Matt.....we will definitely miss seeing your smiling face up there this year!! Hope you are back next year!

I will never forget when you stopped and ran with me during the full of my first Goofy. After I left you around mile 7, I ran the rest of the way without stopping and got a marathon PR!! You are an inspiration to all!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter