Wish Trip... short notice... so many questions!!

Thank you all so very much for the replies!! I have read through them all (and screenshotted some! Haha). My son has influenza so I apologize for going missing there for a couple days. Again, I appreciate all of the advice. I will be making some phone calls and looking into some things!!

You will be surprised how complete the package from the Make A Wish foundation is. Your Genie pass acts as a fastpass, so you do not have to make them in advance. You will find cast members go out of their way to show Wish kids a great time. You will be issued buttons from GKTW so you are easily identified as a Wish family.
I would look on ebay for tradable pins, and also inexpensive autograph books. GKTW and Disney will also help you with your stroller issues. The passes provided by GKTW can also link all your photos, as the passes (before magicbands) did.
Knowing your situation, Disney dining (or your Make A Wish coordinator) will do whatever is possible to get you seating for the Crystal Palace, but the cost will be your responsibility out of the stipend they provide you with (Dollar amount is more then generous).
Is a first aid kit necessary? Other then regular meds, we needed nothing else.
I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the accommodations and perks from GKTW. They made sure we had a truly magical trip, from start to finish. Good luck!!!

We got a lot of pins on Amazon before our last trip for less than $20. I surfed through them And found 1 that was questionable so we didn’t take that one. We never had one issue trading them.

As for your stroller question - we've rented from Kingdom Strollers twice and I found their rates very reasonable. I just checked and they do drop off to Give Kids the World. They have city minis, and a larger special needs stroller as well.

OP, just wanted to say on pin trading, you can definitely get cheap pins on the internet (Ebay, etc) BUT there's a good chance they will be knock-offs. The only way to know for sure that you're getting legit Disney pins is to either buy them at shopdisney.com or in the parks. Not sure if that's a concern for you or not, but just an FYI!

There are many stroller companies in Orlando that will deliver to non-Disney hotels, including GKTW. They'll pick it up from there too. My guess though, having an 8-year-old son myself, is that yours will likely fit better in the Disney strollers, hard and plastic as they may be. I agree with the above poster who said that maybe using a pillow or cushion might be an option for comfort.

For cheap autograph books, we used plain journals from Hobby Lobby. BUT, the Disney ones at the parks have way more pages.

Also, be sure to check out the disabilities board. They will likely be able to answer any/all of your other questions!

Have a great trip! :smickey:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter