Wish Trip... short notice... so many questions!!!

SorryI'mNotSorry

The human world... it's a mess.
Hey all!! My daughter was granted a wish and chose Disney World! We leave next month, so I’m scrambling a bit. Her brother also had a wish trip many years ago (they have the same disorder), but we had lots more time to plan. This time, not so much. Also, this time around I am a single mama on a much stricter budget so getting things in advance is a little more challenging. I’m hoping some of you have some insight as to where to get the best deals for the things below, and can help me think of things I haven’t thought of yet. :fingers crossed:

1.) My son, who is not the wish child, is 8 and weighs 60 pounds. He needs a stroller for the parks. I know he can get a park issued stroller for free with our wish badge, but the hard plastic upright stroller won’t work for him. He doesn’t need a medical stroller, but something that reclines like the City Mini GT that lots of places rent out. My question is, who has the best rate for 7 days, or does anyone offer wish trip families a discount? I would need it delivered to Give Kids The World Village. Do companies deliver to non-Disney properties?

2.) I would really like to purchase at least one set of matching t-shirts, and personalized autograph books for the kids. Etsy has a billion options. Does anyone here know someone who makes shirts or autograph books at a good price? We don’t need anything fancy.

3.) I am getting ribbon to make our own lanyards for pin trading, and would like to purchase pins in advance. If there’s a good place to buy legitimate Disney pins that can be traded, I’m all ears! Or if anyone has unwanted duplicate pins laying around, I’m happy to buy them from you!

4.) My daughter really really wants to eat at crystal palace with eeyore. Last time around, we didn’t do character meals because we were trying to stretch the budget. This time, it’s at the top of her list. Our wish granted says they will give us some spending money before the trip (and I need to make that amount cover anything out of pocket for the whole trip), but I know crystal palace is $$$$, so I’m wondering if Disney ever offers discounts to wish families. Anyone know?

5.) I need to make a first aid kit. What are the essentials, aside from illness-specific things, that I should pack? I’ll be carrying a backpack. Any other critical items aside from first aid I should be carrying?

6.) My other kids do not know we are going yet, as we just found out. My daughter who is getting the wish is the oldest child and she wants to surprise them and tell them herself! What cool ideas do you have for her to surprise them with the news?

7.) We will have cards as our tickets for the parks and not magic bands. If we want our ride photos to automatically upload to our photo account, we will need a magic band, right? If so, can just one person in our party have one? And where is the best place to buy one that isn’t linked?

I think that’s all my questions for now. I’ll probably come up with more in like five minutes. Thanks everyone for reading!!! ☺️☺️☺️

**crossposted because I’m not sure where to put this**

Hey all!! My daughter was granted a wish and chose Disney World! We leave next month, so I’m scrambling a bit. Her brother also had a wish trip many years ago (they have the same disorder), but we had lots more time to plan. This time, not so much. Also, this time around I am a single mama on a much stricter budget so getting things in advance is a little more challenging. I’m hoping some of you have some insight as to where to get the best deals for the things below, and can help me think of things I haven’t thought of yet. :fingers crossed:

1.) My son, who is not the wish child, is 8 and weighs 60 pounds. He needs a stroller for the parks. I know he can get a park issued stroller for free with our wish badge, but the hard plastic upright stroller won’t work for him. He doesn’t need a medical stroller, but something that reclines like the City Mini GT that lots of places rent out. My question is, who has the best rate for 7 days, or does anyone offer wish trip families a discount? I would need it delivered to Give Kids The World Village. Do companies deliver to non-Disney properties?

2.) I would really like to purchase at least one set of matching t-shirts, and personalized autograph books for the kids. Etsy has a billion options. Does anyone here know someone who makes shirts or autograph books at a good price? We don’t need anything fancy.

3.) I am getting ribbon to make our own lanyards for pin trading, and would like to purchase pins in advance. If there’s a good place to buy legitimate Disney pins that can be traded, I’m all ears! Or if anyone has unwanted duplicate pins laying around, I’m happy to buy them from you!

4.) My daughter really really wants to eat at crystal palace with eeyore. Last time around, we didn’t do character meals because we were trying to stretch the budget. This time, it’s at the top of her list. Our wish granted says they will give us some spending money before the trip (and I need to make that amount cover anything out of pocket for the whole trip), but I know crystal palace is $$$$, so I’m wondering if Disney ever offers discounts to wish families. Anyone know?

5.) I need to make a first aid kit. What are the essentials, aside from illness-specific things, that I should pack? I’ll be carrying a backpack. Any other critical items aside from first aid I should be carrying?

6.) My other kids do not know we are going yet, as we just found out. My daughter who is getting the wish is the oldest child and she wants to surprise them and tell them herself! What cool ideas do you have for her to surprise them with the news?

7.) We will have cards as our tickets for the parks and not magic bands. If we want our ride photos to automatically upload to our photo account, we will need a magic band, right? If so, can just one person in our party have one? And where is the best place to buy one that isn’t linked?

I think that’s all my questions for now. I’ll probably come up with more in like five minutes. Thanks everyone for reading!!! ☺️☺️☺️

I can't answer all your questions but can weigh in on a few.

1) Not sure. I have no first hand stroller experience but I would suggest calling the stroller rental companies directly and posing your questions to them. I can't imagine that there isn't at least one, if not all, that delivers to the wish village.

2)Again, no advice. My mom makes all our shirts

3) I would be wary of any pins or pin lots purchased from any 3rd party outlet like ebay or amazon. They are often full of scrappers. If you will have a rental car, even for 1 day, hit up the Disney Character Warehouse. There are 2 locations, one on I-Drive and the other on Vineland. Both locations usually have cheap pins. Sometimes you can find them there as low as $1-2, most tend to run $4-6, which is still a pretty good deal on official trading pins.

4) Not sure about wish kid discounts but breakfast prices are going to be less expensive than lunch or dinner.

5) We stick with a very basic first aid supplies because we do not take a backpack and each just carry a fanny pack. We bring a small bottle of pain reliever (ibuprofen/Tylenol) because I have knee problems, a couple band aids, and a few precut strips of mole skin to prevent blisters if our shoes start rubbing. And a bin handful of hair ties because I always seem to misplace them and have even given one to a CM who was struggling with her hair.

6) When I surprised my son with his first trip for his 8th birthday I had a friend make this on the computer and had it printed as an 8x10 photo at walgreens and put it in a frame. It is now décor in his room.

upload_2019-2-7_13-35-20.png

7) Only one magic band will be needed for you to get the automatic ride photos. I would either order one from ship Disney or purchase one when you get there. The basic solid colors are $13.00

I'm ordering matching t-shirts for son and I off of Amazon! They have some great deals! And considering my 11 year son is in a man's medium, I should do just fine getting us a couple sets of matching shirts. Amazon sells autograph books too, but I don't think personalized. I haven't really focused on those because I have one from past trips that still has plenty of room for autographs. We also saw some shirts at Target too that we're going to pick up before our trip! Hope I've helped. I know your trip is happening soon and Amazon can ship to you quickly if you're a Prime member.

I don't have a lot of advice for everything but I'd be more than happy to send you some of our extra MB's from trips we've taken. I assume we can make sure they are not attached to us anymore and just send them your way. We have some of the 1.0 and the 2.0 so I'd need to look through what we have.

For strollers, we've used apple strollers though I'm not entirely sure they were the best...they were very inexpensive and that was big to us as we've always been on a tight budget. I have a special needs son and a dd with a chronic illness. We had to use a wheelchair for her around the park the last few years. She is in recovery now and no wheelchair needed!!

For CP, I would recommend breakfast, as another poster said. Our fam doesn't do many table service meals but when we do, we almost always do breakfast cause it's cheaper.

I don't have a lot of advice for everything but I'd be more than happy to send you some of our extra MB's from trips we've taken. I assume we can make sure they are not attached to us anymore and just send them your way. We have some of the 1.0 and the 2.0 so I'd need to look through what we have.

For strollers, we've used apple strollers though I'm not entirely sure they were the best...they were very inexpensive and that was big to us as we've always been on a tight budget. I have a special needs son and a dd with a chronic illness. We had to use a wheelchair for her around the park the last few years. She is in recovery now and no wheelchair needed!!

For CP, I would recommend breakfast, as another poster said. Our fam doesn't do many table service meals but when we do, we almost always do breakfast cause it's cheaper.

Magic bands are non transferable, even if they’ve been unlinked from one sccount they cannot be linked to another.

Magic bands are non transferable, even if they’ve been unlinked from one sccount they cannot be linked to another.
Oh bummer.. Thanks for telling me. I have a drawer full of them and don't mind sharing. Oh well...

1. No experience with strollers, but I i’ve Heard great things about a company called Kingdom Strollers or something.

2. I don’t buy unlicensed shirts.

3. No pin experience. Not my thing.

4. Try breakfast time. Then to stretch dollars, bring snacks/sandwiches into the park for other ways to save.

5. Sunscreen.

6. Pack the suitcases and wait until the morning you are leaving. Tell her you’re going to Disney RIGHT NOW.

7. The cheapest place I’ve seen is directly from the ShopDidney online. Although shipping isn’t great.

Look into getting discount Disney Gift Cards to pay for meals and other things in the parks. Easiest way is if you have a Target Red Card you can save 5% on Disney Gift Cards. Or if you have a Sam’s Club membership, they are a little under 5% off there. ($150 gift card pack sells for around $143).

Last edited:
1. No experience with strollers, but I i’ve Heard great things about a company called Kingdom Strollers or something.

2. I don’t buy unlicensed shirts.

3. No pin experience. Not my thing.

4. Try breakfast time. Then to stretch dollars, bring snacks/sandwiches into the park for other ways to save.

5. Sunscreen.

6. Pack the suitcases and wait until the morning you are leaving. Tell her you’re going to Disney RIGHT NOW.

7. The cheapest place I’ve seen is directly from the ShopDidney online. Although shipping isn’t great.

Look into getting discount Disney Gift Cards to pay for meals and other things in the parks. Easiest way is if you have a Target Red Card you can save 5% on Disney Gift Cards. Or if you have a Sam’s Club membership, they are about 8% off there. ($150 gift card pack sells for around $143).

Um, check your math. That's more like 4.7% off. ($7 off of $150). On the good side, the Target thing works, and doesn't require membership.

My niece was granted a wish trip years ago. From that I do remember they got lots of little freebies and I'm almost certain they got autograph books. Now, they weren't personalized but they were free so there's that. Also, my sister said the fridge in their suite was always stocked with drinks and things like lunchables, etc. She said they didn't have to buy many snacks. This was about 15 years ago so maybe someone here with a more recent wish trip can clarify, maybe ask on the DISabilities board.

Um, check your math. That's more like 4.7% off. ($7 off of $150). On the good side, the Target thing works, and doesn't require membership.
oh shoot, yeah. I was taking into consideration some other cash back I got in conjunction with my Sam's purchase that gave me around 8%.

1.) My son, who is not the wish child, is 8 and weighs 60 pounds. He needs a stroller for the parks. I know he can get a park issued stroller for free with our wish badge, but the hard plastic upright stroller won’t work for him. He doesn’t need a medical stroller, but something that reclines like the City Mini GT that lots of places rent out. My question is, who has the best rate for 7 days, or does anyone offer wish trip families a discount? I would need it delivered to Give Kids The World Village. Do companies deliver to non-Disney properties? There are several companies that deliver, Kingdom Strollers resorts is the one that comes to mind... as well would it be easier for you to just bring a stroller for him, saving the cost of rental? I would call "Give kids the World" and ask them I bet they will have a ton of info and advice.

2.) I would really like to purchase at least one set of matching t-shirts, and personalized autograph books for the kids. Etsy has a billion options. Does anyone here know someone who makes shirts or autograph books at a good price? We don’t need anything fancy. As far as the shirts go, for me I would skip them and use the money while your here, for a character meal, or letting the kids pick out their own T-shirts to take home...Wal-mart has tons of Disneys shirts, while not as fancy as the ones made on Etsy's the price point is good...

3.) I am getting ribbon to make our own lanyards for pin trading, and would like to purchase pins in advance. If there’s a good place to buy legitimate Disney pins that can be traded, I’m all ears! Or if anyone has unwanted duplicate pins laying around, I’m happy to buy them from you! We don't pin trade so no advice here.

4.) My daughter really really wants to eat at crystal palace with eeyore. Last time around, we didn’t do character meals because we were trying to stretch the budget. This time, it’s at the top of her list. Our wish granted says they will give us some spending money before the trip (and I need to make that amount cover anything out of pocket for the whole trip), but I know crystal palace is $$$$, so I’m wondering if Disney ever offers discounts to wish families. Anyone know? I don't think that any discount is offered...not unless you have TIW or AP's

5.) I need to make a first aid kit. What are the essentials, aside from illness-specific things, that I should pack? I’ll be carrying a backpack. Any other critical items aside from first aid I should be carrying? Sunscreen, sunglasses, hats, lip balm, hand sanitizer, snacks, water,

6.) My other kids do not know we are going yet, as we just found out. My daughter who is getting the wish is the oldest child and she wants to surprise them and tell them herself! What cool ideas do you have for her to surprise them with the news? She could do like a hide and seek or murder mystery, or clue like game, or you could have a Disney night with a movie, gathering up any Disney items stuffed animals, princess dolls, to watch along with you, have corn dog nuggets, and you could make Rice Krispies treats in the shape of the mouse head... pop corn...

7.) We will have cards as our tickets for the parks and not magic bands. If we want our ride photos to automatically upload to our photo account, we will need a magic band, right? If so, can just one person in our party have one? And where is the best place to buy one that isn’t linked? I think you can use your card, and link it to the account... if you can come through the gate with it, and use it for FP's it seems like you should be able to use it for photos... or you could just buy them as you go...

Have a wonderful trip... Pixie dust away....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter