Wish vs Fantasy

ddpatrick13

Earning My Ears
Help! Right now my family DH, DD(15), and myself have a B2B booked on the Wish for January. For the 4 night cruise we have a 1 bedroom concierge booked and then an aft balcony stateroom for the 3 night. We would not be getting off the ship in the Bahamas, but would on Castaway. Here is where the dilemma comes in, I was playing around on Disneys website and found a 7 night Pixar cruise on the Fantasy. If we did the Pixar cruise we could stay in 1 bedroom suite for the week for the same price as the Wish B2B. The Fantasy stops at Grand Cayman, Castaway, Jamaica, and Cozumel. We have never been to GC or Jamaica. We have sailed on the Fantasy before.
I would love to see the new ship, but I would have a nicer room for the length of the cruise and stop at 2 ports we have not been to yet. What is everyone’s opinions?

Fantasy. Downgrading on the 2nd half of the Wish cruise will be a disappointment. Plus, Grand Cayman is excellent. Jamaica not so much, but there are a lot of things to do there.

Are you sailing for the ship or for the ports?

Ship, if you want to try something new, Wish. For the ports I would absolutely pick Fantasy even though I don’t love Jamaica.

Can you switch? I thought you couldn't refund with Concierge.

I'd switch to the Fantasy, though, if they let you.

I’m on the Wish now as a b2b and while there are a lot of things I like, I’d choose the Fantasy next time. Those ports are better and you won’t have to repeat the same menus and shows. Also, I see you have a teen. my teen much preferred Vibe on the Fantasy than the Wish.

I agree with PPs - switch to the Fantasy and just do one Wish cruise to try it out at a later date.

The Wish isn't going anywhere. I'd do the Fantasy purely because I hate switching rooms, and especially if you're only in concierge for one half, I think that would really take away from the second half of your B2B.

Also, I don't know if you had hopes for a cabana at all for your concierge leg, but because they doubled the number of concierge for the Wish, now it's really hard to get one even if you're concierge. On the Fantasy as concierge, you'd stand a much better chance.

Do you get to stay onboard on a B2B now or do they make you get off?
As of now they make you get off the ship and you have to take a Covid test at port. You do get to reboard before anyone else though. You also have to pack up your stateroom even if staying in the same cabin.

I thank you all for the suggestions. You guys justified my thinking. I was really hating the thought of switching rooms on the B2B and then waisting a half of a day to disembark and then embarking again. I think I am going to switch to the Fantasy I believe it will make for a more relaxed vacation. I definitely want to check out the new ship, but probably on a later trip.

As of now they make you get off the ship and you have to take a Covid test at port. You do get to reboard before anyone else though. You also have to pack up your stateroom even if staying in the same cabin.
That would definitely make me want to do seven nights on the Fantasy versus a B2B on the Wish.

I'm with everyone else. Pick the Fantasy. We had an upcoming back to back on Wish and canceled
one leg and put money towards the Fantasy. We will combine the 4night Wish with the parks instead.

Hope whatever you choose you have a good time!

Help! Right now my family DH, DD(15), and myself have a B2B booked on the Wish for January. For the 4 night cruise we have a 1 bedroom concierge booked and then an aft balcony stateroom for the 3 night. We would not be getting off the ship in the Bahamas, but would on Castaway. Here is where the dilemma comes in, I was playing around on Disneys website and found a 7 night Pixar cruise on the Fantasy. If we did the Pixar cruise we could stay in 1 bedroom suite for the week for the same price as the Wish B2B. The Fantasy stops at Grand Cayman, Castaway, Jamaica, and Cozumel. We have never been to GC or Jamaica. We have sailed on the Fantasy before.
I would love to see the new ship, but I would have a nicer room for the length of the cruise and stop at 2 ports we have not been to yet. What is everyone’s opinions?
I’d do the Fantasy, if sailing during the Wish’s Inaugural year isn’t a big deal to you. We were on that itinerary last year to add GC and loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter