Wish vs Fantasy

Thanks all! We decided on the Wish since we had just been on the Dream and will be on the Fantasy next year. DD was excited to try a different kids club. Booked an ocean view instead to save some $$ figuring we would not spend much time in the cabin on a 4 day cruise. I know the Wish is different and there are peop,e who hate it and those who love it. I think I just have to see for myself!

That’s how I felt.

I cruised with my DH only on The Wish, but I toured the Kids Club and they are insanely special…. Wow!

I also loved how they spread out the adult only places. I love The Bayou Lounge, it’s gorgeous and The Beignets are delicious.

And the pools are plentiful!

Have a fantastic time!37D6D238-5916-41A3-AFA0-7085E63F0309.jpeg

I love the Fantasy; it's my favorite ship (disclaimer I've not yet sailed on the Wish, am doing so this weekend). The Dream and the Fantasy are very similar, though some of the spaces have some slightly different theming. The biggest difference is the itineraries and where they sail from. I love the Fantasy and it's a 6-night, so that would be my pick. If you are looking for something vastly different from the Dream, though, then I would recommend the Wish.

The Fantasy is extremely similar to the Dream but IMO that’s a good thing as they are my favorite ships. What will be different is two of the shows. However if you want a completely different experience- the Wish (while not my favorite) will probably completely charm your 10 yo. You will experience different shows, restaurants, awesome pool deck food, different style of pirate night (best IMO) but the adult areas (especially the pool) are lacking and the trivia venues can be tiny.

If considering the Wish it makes more sense when they are younger vs older- their Vibe is seriously lacking compared to Dream and Fantasy.
How is pirate night different on Fantasy vs Wish?

That’s how I felt.

I cruised with my DH only on The Wish, but I toured the Kids Club and they are insanely special…. Wow!

I also loved how they spread out the adult only places. I love The Bayou Lounge, it’s gorgeous and The Beignets are delicious.

And the pools are plentiful!

Have a fantastic time!View attachment 755819
I was surprised by how small the pools were on Wish

I haven’t sailed on the Fantasy, but I have been on the Dream several times.

I sailed on the Wish last fall and I thought it was fantastic. Sorry, to all the haters. That is one beautiful ship. It is very different in many ways, but also similar.

I can’t wait to sail on her again and I am looking forward to going on the Treasure too.

The Wish is special, the dining rooms, adult lounges, rain forest room, the kids clubs, the shops, the beautiful grand hall and Marceline’s Market , wow! Plus, the Hero’s Zone. I also, loved all the pools, the AquaMouse and I really like the seclusion of the adult pool area.

If you have cruised DCL many times, The Wish is a must. I love a longer cruise. I meet many folks, who did back to back on The Wish.

I love the shorter cruise, when I add on a stay at Disney’s Vero Beach or a few days at WDW.

Good luck with your decision. But, when I cruised on The Wish, I was shocked that anyone could have a bad review. I thought it was very special, very different from the other ships in many ways, but different and new is good.
🚢😎👍🏻🌴💫✨
I don’t get the Wish hate either. We loved it. The food was absolutely fantastic!

For back to back, do you just get off and get right back on?

I was surprised by how small the pools were on Wish
They are small but there are way more pools than on the other ships.

Just booked a quick 3 days on the Wish for this June. I will get to take in her beauty and learn more about her!

How is pirate night different on Fantasy vs Wish?
It has more of a 80's rock vibe to it with a live band playing and Redd really killing it. It is more lively IMO and while Capt Jack does drop in Redd is really the focus. It is a lot of fun.

I don’t get the Wish hate either. We loved it. The food was absolutely fantastic!

For back to back, do you just get off and get right back on?
For a B2B everyone has to exit the ship.
You then have to wait until the ship is cleared for boarding and then you are the first to board.
B2B people wait in a special area also.

We've cruised both ships and like them both. Currently we're cruising on Fantasy because they have a 4D that is only the Lighthouse and Castaway. We like 4 or 5 day cruises - 3D is too short and 6D is too long.

So we have been thinking of booking a cruise for July and the 90 day window is in a few days for them. Have to decide tomorrow! Party of 3 with DD10. We have been on the Dream 3 times—last time in March. We drive from TN, so Port canaveral can be done in a day drive, but Miami can’t. We were looking at a 4 night Wish in a verandah for $5800, but the reviews and the price per night are concerning. Or we could do 6 night on Fantasy (Western itinerary) for $6500 in an oceanview. Since we have been on the Dream we were thinking the Fantasy would be too similar, but would we get on the Wish and think “I just did this because it’s new and we could have had 2 more days on the Fantasy”. Is the Fantasy different enough from the Dream for it to be a new experience? Which would you pick?
I’ve only cruised twice on Disney, The Fantasy and The Wish They are both gorgeous ships, I loved the Wish infinity pool more than the adult pool on the Fantasy.
And I would choose a balcony over an ocean-view because a balcony is a must for me.
No matter which ship you choose, Enjoy your cruise!

Last edited:
We've cruised both ships and like them both. Currently we're cruising on Fantasy because they have a 4D that is only the Lighthouse and Castaway. We like 4 or 5 day cruises - 3D is too short and 6D is too long.
5 nights is perfect for me too. I have my eyes on one of the 5 night Bahamas cruises in 2025 from Port Canaveral that visits Nassau, Castaway, and Lighthouse (+ 1 day at sea). Some of the sailings are on the Fantasy, and some are on the Magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter