Wishes 10/8/11 WP/GF-- Love's First Kiss-- Trip Report Complete

Lol you are too funny Michelle! :rotfl: I love the silly pics with the cupcake Mickey! I love Chef Mickeys, the breakfast is soooo good but you're right, there is always a wait. Seems like you had a great honeymoon even though you're not finished yet. What will we do when you're finished writing :confused3. I've enjoyed reading so much. :goodvibes

How did you book the cruise and resort honeymoon together? Do you have to call and do they give you specials on booking the land and sea package?

Chef Mickey's is horribly inefficient!

And now I am HUNGRY!!

Seriously, it took longer than most of the upscale dinner restaurants! As Kenan would say, "What up with that?!" (SNL, anyone??)

Yeah. I think with everyone who grew up going to Chef Mickey breakfasts as their must-have ADR, it has inevtiably been a let-down come adulthood.

Oh geez, I would be so annoyed.

Aw, that's sad. You know, I love the Polynesian partly because I loved it so much as a child. And the truth is, it feels exactly the same to me. Better, even. I guess I'm not used to Disney not meeting my crazy expectations. And we were trying to stay positive. We really did
look on the bright side for our entire honeymoon.

Lol you are too funny Michelle! :rotfl: I love the silly pics with the cupcake Mickey! I love Chef Mickeys, the breakfast is soooo good but you're right, there is always a wait. Seems like you had a great honeymoon even though you're not finished yet. What will we do when you're finished writing :confused3. I've enjoyed reading so much. :goodvibes

How did you book the cruise and resort honeymoon together? Do you have to call and do they give you specials on booking the land and sea package?

I have no idea what I'll do once the TR is finished! And it almost is :sad2: We actually didn't do a package for our honeymoon. We already had the APs, and I don't think a dining plan would have worked for us (we did buy a Tables in Wonderland card, which was a great deal for us). We just booked the simple way. I think I even did the Contemporary reservation online...

I have been reading your PJ and TR for weeks and now that you are near the end of your TR, I just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed it. Reading your recollections of your wedding and your honeymoon, I could really picture all of it as it happened.

And I just wanted to say that I found it really refreshing that your wedding was very clearly not about the dress or the food or the venue or even that awesome wishing well. It was very obvious that the most important thing about your wedding for you was actually getting to marry your best friend and that is a wonderful thing. I wish you and Brandon years of love and happiness! :love:

I just had to say that I love that you quoted Kenan! "What up with that?!" Growing up with him on All That makes it feel like I know someone on SNL now! Lol. Ok, tangent over. Back to your wonderful TR!

I have been reading your PJ and TR for weeks and now that you are near the end of your TR, I just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed it. Reading your recollections of your wedding and your honeymoon, I could really picture all of it as it happened.

And I just wanted to say that I found it really refreshing that your wedding was very clearly not about the dress or the food or the venue or even that awesome wishing well. It was very obvious that the most important thing about your wedding for you was actually getting to marry your best friend and that is a wonderful thing. I wish you and Brandon years of love and happiness! :love:

Thank you so much! Yes, marrying Brandon was absolutely the most important thing. The only important thing, really. I would have married him anywhere; we were just lucky that we got to have such a grand party at Disney. I tried to include lots of elements that held meaning for us. Our wedding day truly felt like "ours", not any generic wedding. Thank you for reading :)

I just had to say that I love that you quoted Kenan! "What up with that?!" Growing up with him on All That makes it feel like I know someone on SNL now! Lol. Ok, tangent over. Back to your wonderful TR!

He is so good on SNL! Hilarious. I think he's my favorite other than Kristen Wiig.

::peeks out from computer::

Hi. First ever poster. :) I guess I'll stop lurking around. :D

I just wanted to say that I've been stalking the forums over the last month or so and I stumbled upon your PJ and TR this morning my time (EST) at about 8am and I just finished it. Now I'm borderline crying because it's overrrrrrr. :'(

I have laughed and teared up and winced and became angry and have shared all the emotions that you have beautifully portrayed.

Your wedding was absolutely beautiful and I adore all your "magical" touches. Especially the card box. <3 <3 <3 Your dress was so whimsical and very snow white like. It was absolutely perfect for the theme you chose.

The cruise on the Dream looked, well, for lack of a better word, like a Dream. I'm incredibly envious and I can't wait till I can trade my couch for a lounge chair on the sun deck. :woohoo:

I have so many questions for you, but I have no idea how to PM on here--or even if I'd be allowed to-- :eek: Can you PM me? (I'm sorry I'm such a n00b, but hey, we all start somewhere, eh?)

Looking forward to reading the rest. :thumbsup2:

Then finally, FINALLY, some characters stopped by!

First was Goofy

IMG_7104.jpg

Our waitress happened to be near at the time, so she took this picture for us. Goofy is usually one of my favorites for interaction, but this Goofy must have been close to a break time. He was so tired and unenthusiastic. When he left, Brandon and I had a little chuckle about how odd a mopey Goofy is.

Next was Mickey!! I was really excited when he walked up, and everything seemed normal, until I stood up...

IMG_7107.jpg

He was the teensy tiniest Mickey I've ever seen! I know the characters have a little range in their height, but I've never been taller than Mickey before.

IMG_7108.jpg

Our waitress wasn't around this time, so we took each other's picture

IMG_7109.jpg

I told Brandon to squat down

IMG_7110.jpg

And then, just for fun, there was some more waiting

IMG_7111.jpg

We saw Donald at the table next to us-- and noticed that his bum was especially fluffy today!

IMG_7117.jpg

Donald came up and greeted us, and was very excited that we were honeymooners. Then it seemed like he was just walking off! Turns out, he was recruiting another guest to take our picture all together.

Donald arranged this pose

IMG_7118.jpg

Then he tried to "steal" my ring! :laughing: It was very Donald, I loved it!

To begin:

OOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEE! What up wit dat? What up wit dat? :lmao: I love that you quoted that. Chris and I sing that to our dog, but we substitute "that" for "Smoke."

Anywho, I have a VERY similar picture with the cupcake. Great minds think alike! (Or, for themselves, to quote the Genie on ABC's Saturday morning cartoons in the 90s... yes? No?)

Your bride shirt is cute! We had a great Donald experience at CM too: but, come on, what's up with teeny tiny Mickey?! And maybe Goofy was just having a bad day. It must be difficult running that candy factory and being in, oh, 10 places at once. :lmao:

Only at Disney is it acceptable to take a picture of other people's backsides. I am laughing so hard right now, I can't explain.

Holy tiny Mickey! Even his shoulder to head ratio is a bit off. :rotfl:

::peeks out from computer::

Hi. First ever poster. :) I guess I'll stop lurking around. :D

I just wanted to say that I've been stalking the forums over the last month or so and I stumbled upon your PJ and TR this morning my time (EST) at about 8am and I just finished it. Now I'm borderline crying because it's overrrrrrr. :'(

I have laughed and teared up and winced and became angry and have shared all the emotions that you have beautifully portrayed.

Your wedding was absolutely beautiful and I adore all your "magical" touches. Especially the card box. <3 <3 <3 Your dress was so whimsical and very snow white like. It was absolutely perfect for the theme you chose.

The cruise on the Dream looked, well, for lack of a better word, like a Dream. I'm incredibly envious and I can't wait till I can trade my couch for a lounge chair on the sun deck. :woohoo:

I have so many questions for you, but I have no idea how to PM on here--or even if I'd be allowed to-- :eek: Can you PM me? (I'm sorry I'm such a n00b, but hey, we all start somewhere, eh?)

Looking forward to reading the rest. :thumbsup2:

Thank you so much! I am so glad that you have enjoyed it, it really does bring some happiness to my day. And the Dream was amazing, I don't know if I really did it full justice... I would love to swap my chair for a lounger too! I would be happy to PM you. Thanks again for reading!

To begin:

OOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEE! What up wit dat? What up wit dat? :lmao: I love that you quoted that. Chris and I sing that to our dog, but we substitute "that" for "Smoke."

Anywho, I have a VERY similar picture with the cupcake. Great minds think alike! (Or, for themselves, to quote the Genie on ABC's Saturday morning cartoons in the 90s... yes? No?)

Your bride shirt is cute! We had a great Donald experience at CM too: but, come on, what's up with teeny tiny Mickey?! And maybe Goofy was just having a bad day. It must be difficult running that candy factory and being in, oh, 10 places at once. :lmao:

:rotfl: Oooooh I got such a good laugh out of that. I'm going to have to sing it to my dogs now! And, YES, I absolutely know what Genie segment you mean!! Gah, remember when Disney Channel was good? At least Goofy got a little respite from the Barnstormer, until they open his flight school, anyway.

Only at Disney is it acceptable to take a picture of other people's backsides. I am laughing so hard right now, I can't explain.

I had never even noticed the human butts, that maybe was a bit forward of us, but Donald is totally fair game! ;)

Next Minnie stopped by. I told her that I had been waiting just for her, and she got all excited and gave me a super big hug.

IMG_7119.jpg

And was generally adorable, as you would expect. I love Minnie Mouse. I must have a thing for the characters with the super sugary voices. It's usually hard to find Snow White merchandise, so I have lots of Minnie things. (Side rant: Has anyone seen the new Paris-Minnie merchandise items?? It's a line of clothing and accessories that basically portrays Minnie as anorexic. I find it really disturbing; if I had a little girl, I wouldn't want her thinking that the "cooler" Minnie was the stick-thin one.)

Anway, rant over.

IMG_7120.jpg

After Minnie left, we were just waiting for Pluto. But first... guess what?? More waiting!

IMG_7121.jpg

And after 15 minutes or so, we decided to just leave. I love Pluto, but we were so darn tired of just sitting and waiting for characters. We were ready to do something!

We had lunch ressies at MGM in just a little while (I do not call it "Hollywood Studios", you can't just change the game 20 years in), so we decided to hop on a bus and head over.

My sweet Michelle
I just wanted to pop over and assure you that I hadn't abandoned you!!!
I am reading your TR with delight, but I seem to be getting very bad at commenting on TRs lately!!! I am a very bad DISfriend!!! I intend to make more of an effort to comment, so as people know I am still reading.
Loving all the posts about the cruise!!! It looks heavenly and I am so looking forward to my first DCL cruise on the Fantasy next year!!!!
Much love to you sweetie!!

My sweet Michelle
I just wanted to pop over and assure you that I hadn't abandoned you!!!
I am reading your TR with delight, but I seem to be getting very bad at commenting on TRs lately!!! I am a very bad DISfriend!!! I intend to make more of an effort to comment, so as people know I am still reading.
Loving all the posts about the cruise!!! It looks heavenly and I am so looking forward to my first DCL cruise on the Fantasy next year!!!!
Much love to you sweetie!!

Thank you, Joanne! I am terrible at commenting too! I think once I am finished with my own TR, I will be better about commenting on others. I will need something to do as I am way too addicted to give up the boards! Oh, I am soooooo jealous that you are going on the Fantasy! I really hope we will be able to cruise the Fantasy in a few years. I hope you will write a TR so I can live vicariously through you!!

We arrived at MGM, and found the park to be very crowded. Damn golf tournament.

We went for some RnRC fastpasses, and for some reason stopped for this picture on the way

IMG_7122.jpg

The standby wait for most rides was ridiculous, so we decided to go on the Backlot Tour. I haven't done that ride since I was tiny, and honestly didn't remember it at all.

On the way, we snapped some more pictures. I love this section of MGM, it's generally not crowded and I love the theming.

IMG_7124.jpg

And noticed this old wedding dress!

IMG_7125.jpg

The Backlot Tour had a little bit of a wait, not too bad though. To pass the time, I studied the map

IMG_7127.jpg

I am, by nature, a compulsive planner, and I love to think about what we can do next! I don't do touring plans or things like that (we've been probably a hundred times, we don't need one) but I like to have a general plan in mind. I'm not at all strict about sticking to it, but it's a fun way to pass the time in line. (At least fun for me :wizard:)

IMG_7128.jpg

Your "waiting" face is absolutely HILARIOUS! I love it.:lmao: (I also just realized I am commenting, like, just after you posted. I am not a stalker or anything, I just have great timing.)

I'm also the same way about planning... except, admittedly, I am too snobby now to look at a map. :lmao: I like to grab them sometimes for keepsakes though!

Ok, so that Mickey is just way disturbing. Super duper actually. What happened to his body!? He go on a diet or something? Almost matches the Paris Minnie?? ;P

I love characters with personality. They're the most fun.

I noticed when I went to Chef Mickey's last they were really slow with coming around to the tables.

But all of your waiting pictures are just fabulous! hah. Totally something that I would do.. I get bored easily and always need to find a way to entertain myself. =]

I still call it MGM too. Which confused the heck out of Dave. hah. He had never been so it was Hollywood Studios to him. But to me.. it was MGM. So we kinda argued about that a bit. haha.

Cannot wait to read more luv!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter