• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wishes and Spectromagic

Jotash

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any advice concerning a good place to watch these shows from? My son has PDD-NOS, but he enjoys watching fireworks and would probably enjoy the parade. I'm just concerned with the crowds. We don't have to be right on top of it, so is there a good place we can stake out to watch?

It is much less crowded over in frontierland. You can try over that way and see how it goes...

My son has PDD-NOS too....and the only way we can watch fireworks is if he can't really hear them too much. We skipped them last time and hope to TRY to see some this trip...

Depending on when you are going there might be 2 Spectromagic parades- the second one is EMPTY compared to the first one. Fronteirland is a great place to see it. I do not do well in crowds either due to anxiety/social issues but I was really able to enjoy Spectromagic. princess:

Forevryoung said:
Depending on when you are going there might be 2 Spectromagic parades- the second one is EMPTY compared to the first one. Fronteirland is a great place to see it. I do not do well in crowds either due to anxiety/social issues but I was really able to enjoy Spectromagic. princess:

there are 2 when we are there, but I don't think we have a chance of making it til 11pm...well, maybe the KIDS will be awake, but WE won't :rotfl:

Glad you were able to enjoy it!! :)

MomOf2DisneyKids said:
there are 2 when we are there, but I don't think we have a chance of making it til 11pm...well, maybe the KIDS will be awake, but WE won't :rotfl:

Glad you were able to enjoy it!! :)

Hehe I felt the same way but I only showed up in time for wishes and the second spectromagic so seeing the first one wasn't an option. I was definitely tired though :cloud9:

If you plan to watch the Wishes fireworks outside of MK, you can see them from the Poly on the beach area and at the Contemporary resort by the pool area. They filter in the Wishes music(that accompanies the fireworks) onto the Poly beach area. Also at the Contemp. resort, they have an observation deck at California Grill( I think that's the restaurant) on the 14th floor of the Contemp. Towers.
We stayed at the Contemp. Towers(11th floor) last yr for my dd's Make-A-Wish trip. We were able to see the Wishes fireworks every night from our resort room. It was awesome! I also have a h.f. autistic son. He did pretty well seeing Wishes from our resort room. We did not go onto the balcony to see it tho, just watched it from the glass sliding door. The flooring on the Contemp. tower balconies are slippery, so I didn't trust my kids out there on the resort balcony.
Unfortunately, I don't think you can see the Spectromagic parade outside of MK.

Rosemarie :flower:

A spot where you can see the parade from a little distance is the bridge in front of the Crystal Palace. You'd also proably be able to see Wishes from there.
We've never watched the night parade from the spot, but have watched the daytime parade from there and had a pretty good view, plus not busy. It's good if you want to be a little farther away than you would be viewing it from Frontierland.

Thanks for the advice. My DS did well watching fireworks from home last night and he loves watching a video of Wishes online, so I would hate for him to miss it live. My only concern was the crowds, especially in the dark. :eek:

Thanks again for the info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter