Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread December 1-29 2012 Now Open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just booked for August 22nd. I have a question about the photopass photographer... do they take individual photos of the families at their tables? Will they take them of our party with the castle in the background? Just curious about the photos they take.

Also.... does anyone know if the water they serve is in bottles or is it from a dispenser?

Not sure if I should be excited or terrified with all those sweets and treats to tempt me! :laughing: One's too many and a thousand is not enough. popcorn::

When we were there in November there was one photographer and he only took pictures where the castle was in the background - no coming around to the tables.

I believe the water was either in a dispenser or in a pitcher but definitely not bottled. Hope this helps ~ have fun on your trip :)

I just booked for August 22nd. I have a question about the photopass photographer... do they take individual photos of the families at their tables? Will they take them of our party with the castle in the background? Just curious about the photos they take.

Also.... does anyone know if the water they serve is in bottles or is it from a dispenser?

Not sure if I should be excited or terrified with all those sweets and treats to tempt me! :laughing: One's too many and a thousand is not enough. popcorn::

The photographer was set up and stationary when we were there at the end of May. Castle in the background.

The water was in pitchers when we were there. I've seen pictures from other people and have read reviews where the water was bottled. I'm not sure if it varies from time to time or if the bottles were from older visits and it was changed to save costs.

I'm so nervous...

We waited and waited to book the DP for June, when the day finally arrived to book we jumped online and got our date, you all know the stress involved with that. We ended up with the perfect date we wanted and were so happy! :yay:

Now.... it looks like there's a VERY good chance we'll have a Tropical Storm system moving through on Sunday (which is our DP day.) I know they'll prob still run the party, but I'm thinking probably no fireworks, and torrential rain getting to and from the DP. Based on the projections, it looks like Sunday around 7-8pm is going to be the worst of it and our DP is at 9 :rolleyes1

I know, I know, we'll be in Disney, we can make the most of it, we've done it before......but after all the stress and finally getting our date (not to mention the cost) it just feels a little disappointing. Please pray/pixie dust for good weather for us! :goodvibes

I've got a long time to go...i'm waiting for Nov!!

ME TOO!! What day are you wanting to go? Me and my family of 11 are trying for Nov. 13th. TA said it won't open til probably Sept. So I sit here and wait, and wait, and wait.... :rolleyes1

I'm so nervous...

We waited and waited to book the DP for June, when the day finally arrived to book we jumped online and got our date, you all know the stress involved with that. We ended up with the perfect date we wanted and were so happy! :yay:

Now.... it looks like there's a VERY good chance we'll have a Tropical Storm system moving through on Sunday (which is our DP day.) I know they'll prob still run the party, but I'm thinking probably no fireworks, and torrential rain getting to and from the DP. Based on the projections, it looks like Sunday around 7-8pm is going to be the worst of it and our DP is at 9 :rolleyes1

I know, I know, we'll be in Disney, we can make the most of it, we've done it before......but after all the stress and finally getting our date (not to mention the cost) it just feels a little disappointing. Please pray/pixie dust for good weather for us! :goodvibes

Thinking good weather thoughts for you. I'm surprised I haven't heard about the tropical system; I've been trying to follow the Orlando weather forecast. :goodvibes

ME TOO!! What day are you wanting to go? Me and my family of 11 are trying for Nov. 13th. TA said it won't open til probably Sept. So I sit here and wait, and wait, and wait.... :rolleyes1

Family of 11?! Oh no! Please leave 2 spots for us! :confused:

Thinking good weather thoughts for you. I'm surprised I haven't heard about the tropical system; I've been trying to follow the Orlando weather forecast. :goodvibes

It's not officially a Tropical Storm yet, but they're predicting it's headed in that direction. It's looking like a complete soaker for possibly Friday, and definitely Sat & Sun, and parts of Mon.

does anyone think that Disney will add more Dessert parties like to MNSSHP or MVMCP dates like they did last year? I dont see it listed on their site but I remember doing this last year. If they did, that would work out soooooooo well for us! I know most of you hate it during parties though

I've seen pictures from other people and have read reviews where the water was bottled. I'm not sure if it varies from time to time or if the bottles were from older visits and it was changed to save costs.

Or maybe to tread a little more gently on the planet. Those plastic bottles are really hard on the environment, and why use them if you don't need to? People already use soooo many of those things at WDW, I'm glad this event isn't adding more. :goodvibes

Sue in Texas
...waiting for October...

I want to know about the party. I do not know anything about it. I tried for a few days for the time we are there and can only get one night. Would anyone be willing to fill me in? I know the cost. I was wondering is it worth it, is it really better seats, is it a do it once kind of thing. I really don't know much. I have reservations for aug 24th for 4. I was hoping a different night but since it was all I could find I just took it. Anything I need to know

I'm so glad I saw this post! I had no idea they don't release the ADR's for the fireworks party until later. I just assumed it was all booked for my dates. Here's hoping for 9/17 or 9/19!

I'm hoping for a mid September date to celebrate our first anniversary. Hopefully not too long to wait now:goodvibes

Family of 11?! Oh no! Please leave 2 spots for us! :confused:

Yup, 11! 5 kids, plus 4 spouses and 2 parents! :faint: But wow...are y'all trying to go that same night?! I think I read on here that there are 50 spots so we should both be good! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter