• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wishes Dessert Party Change?

glamourgirl

Earning My Ears
I've been going to Wishes dessert parties (formerly TTDP) for years. Last time was in November. There was always assigned seating. I've heard from people that have recently attended the party that there was no more assigned seating, except for large parties. Anyone else experience this? I wasn't sure if this is the new thing or just something they tested out one night?

I'm going to move this to the theme parks board to see if you can get better info.

We just attended the party on January 18th and there was no assigned seating (unlike when we went last year). We checked in at the podium, received our wristbands, walked down the ramp and a cast member was waiting there to seat us. I would say 3/4 of the guests were already seated, but we still ended up with great seats as far as view goes. We were right by the railing and Tinker Bell flew right over us. It was our first time taking the kids and they loved it.

I haven't been in years but from what other's have said, there is no longer standing at the rail either. I would have loved that when I went since I had a table up front and everyone got up and stood at the rail, thus blocking my view.

I'm keeping an eye on reports, too. The combination of unassigned seating and no standing at the railing is enough to make me cancel my reservation.

If there is no longer standing along rail, then I for sure would not be booking it again. If we had to stay at the table we had (and there was still tables with guests behind us) then we would have missed the show. The overhang blocks the view to almost half the tables.

I would like to know what the policy is now for standing at the rail, if it has changed, I will probably cancel. Save my money and get a fast pass.

We just attended the party on January 18th and there was no assigned seating (unlike when we went last year). We checked in at the podium, received our wristbands, walked down the ramp and a cast member was waiting there to seat us. I would say 3/4 of the guests were already seated, but we still ended up with great seats as far as view goes. We were right by the railing and Tinker Bell flew right over us. It was our first time taking the kids and they loved it.

So what time did you get there?

We went to the party last week and there is no assigned seating and tables are right up against the rails so there is no standing. The tables used to be more spread out but now they are all bunched together close to the rails.

I went the first week of January and it was assigned seating and we were allowed to stand at railings although no one really did. I was a party of two and those tables seemed to be in the front. The couple next to us moved their chairs up to the railing and no one said anything

We went to the party last week and there is no assigned seating and tables are right up against the rails so there is no standing. The tables used to be more spread out but now they are all bunched together close to the rails.
So did it seem to you that everyone would have a view from their tables? I know when we went we had a front table but had to stand because everyone else did and we wouldn't have been able to see if we remained seated. I understood though, because there is no way those at the tables in the back could have any kind of view due to the overhang. I'd be happy with the new policy as long as everyone could see.

So did it seem to you that everyone would have a view from their tables? I know when we went we had a front table but had to stand because everyone else did and we wouldn't have been able to see if we remained seated. I understood though, because there is no way those at the tables in the back could have any kind of view due to the overhang. I'd be happy with the new policy as long as everyone could see.

I honestly don't know. We had a table right up against the rail where Tinkerbell fly's over head so we had a great view, not sure about the others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter