Wishes FP questions..

With the crowds developing for the parade how hard will it be to get to the FP spot within the 30-40 minute range?

It all depends on how the open walkway patterns work out in the new Hub, with its new
added walkways.

What may be the case this week may not be the case next week or next month.

We'll just have to see how things develop, as I assume they will modify crowd control as time goes by.

A couple more questions:

1) I suspect it is subjective, but do people have a preference over the east or west areas?
2) Where is the actual entrance to these areas? They looks like they are on the castle side of this space - is that correct?
3) What if anything blocks the view of the parade, other than people lining the parade route?
4) Although you are required to stand for the actual fireworks, can we bring a blanket to throw down as we wait for them to start?
5) Is food allowed in the FP area?
6) Which way is the traffic moving after Wishes? Do most people head out of the park, or are people heading all over the park and for exits? Trying to figure out our best exit strategy!

Thanks all!

A couple more questions:

1) I suspect it is subjective, but do people have a preference over the east or west areas?
2) Where is the actual entrance to these areas? They looks like they are on the castle side of this space - is that correct?
3) What if anything blocks the view of the parade, other than people lining the parade route?
4a) Although you are required to stand for the actual fireworks,
4b) can we bring a blanket to throw down as we wait for them to start?
5) Is food allowed in the FP area?
6) Which way is the traffic moving after Wishes? Do most people head out of the park, or are people heading all over the park and for exits? Trying to figure out our best exit strategy!

Thanks all!

1) Some always have preferences for everything.
3) Other guests.
4a) You are not always required to stand for the show.
4b) Yes.
5) Yes.
6) All directions. N, S, E, W

Sorry to hijack this thread, I was really hoping we would be able to get Wishes FP's for our trip in three weeks, I tried on day 30 when our window opened but they were all gone already. For those who have been in a similar position, did a slot eventually open up for you or did you remain out of luck? I assume it is just a case of trying daily?

Sorry to hijack this thread, I was really hoping we would be able to get Wishes FP's for our trip in three weeks, I tried on day 30 when our window opened but they were all gone already. For those who have been in a similar position, did a slot eventually open up for you or did you remain out of luck? I assume it is just a case of trying daily?

Try daily (if not more frequently), some get lucky.

when getting a FP for wishes-- do you get to chose what side you want to be on or does FP state where you are to go? I would like the east side

when getting a FP for wishes-- do you get to chose what side you want to be on or does FP state where you are to go? I would like the east side

No advanced choice.
You get to pick that night.
Just walk up to the one of your choice.

ah see my FP says reserved for the casey side...or something like that.

ah see my FP says reserved for the casey side...or something like that.

That's new.
If your FP reservation specifically mentions Casey's, that is the west area.
If your FP reservation specifically mentions The Plaza, that is the east area.
If your FP reservation mentions both Casey's and The Plaza (or neither,) then you can pick either side.

It makes so much sense to pre-assign guests to each area.
We'll see if that situation remains over time.

What is the DATE of your FP?
Anyone else have a Wishes FP+ that mentions either Casey's or The Plaza (and not both?)

Last edited:
ill have to screen shot it - i didnt notice it on my FP but when i went in to modify it was there on the modification page. we're FP'g on the 14th. =)

That's new.
If your FP reservation specifically mentions Casey's, that is the west area.
If your FP reservation specifically mentions The Plaza, that is the east area.
If your FP reservation mentions both Casey's and The Plaza (or neither,) then you can pick either side.

It makes so much sense to pre-assign guests to each area.
We'll see if that situation remains over time.

What is the DATE of your FP?
Anyone else have a Wishes FP+ that mentions either Casey's or The Plaza?

I believe you are correct in that it lists both so I guess we choose. =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter