Wishes Really do come true! The girlies and one dude go Disney Crazy! Will he survive

kyhardy

Mouseketeer
Our family started going to Disney every year when my daughter was 2. This was my first trip as well and I LOVED it. I was instantly addicted! (I'm sure none of you can relate, but try to imagine what it might have been like.) Well, we have been visiting our happy place for going on 10 yrs now. We know our way around the World pretty well and are one of "those people" who go every year (why would people do that right?) and I am starting to be suspicious that our friends avoid mentioning anything Disney near us b/c they don't want to hear us talk about how great it is for 30-45min. So many wishes and dreams have come true for us in Disney, but I have had a special wish I have been carrying in my heart for the past few years and this year it is coming true! :yay: I guess I should start out with the cast of characters.

DH (41) Keith
ME (37) Candace
DS (18) Alex - not attending this trip since he will be away @ college:scared1:
DD (11) Natalie
DNiece (10) Sadie
DNiece (6) Summer

It all started with Wishes on the last night of our visit in 2005. We were in the MK with our kids Alex & Natalie and we were having the best trip, and being a doting Auntie I couldn't help but wish that we could show our Nieces the Magic of Disney too. That wish just went straight to my heart and stuck. Little did we know that a bitter divorce and custody battle (including an abduction across state lines) was about to ensue and it was all I could do to pray for their return and for my brother to be granted custody. My Disney dream was put on the back burner.

The girls were with their Mom in FL (we live in KY) and the judge ordered them returned to my brother about a month later, but the custody battle went on & on. Still every trip we took during Wishes I would make my wish that one day we could take them to Disney.

Well, last Summer all the divorce and custody proceedings were final. Thankfully the judge granted custody to my brother and visitation to the girl's Mom. (Things are WAY more amicable these days & good for the girls)

We typically go to Disney in September so when we started thinking about this year's trip and making ADRs, all while we crossed our fingers for free dining, I planned with my nieces in mind. You know, just in case.

However, the finances are REALLY tight this year with college tuition and one still in pvt school and I had to face the ugly truth. We just couldn't afford to take the Nieces this year.:sad2: I was sooooo sad. I really thought this would be THE year it would happen.

Well, the girls have their Birthdays, which are in June while they visit their Mom and my brother throws them a party again when they get home for our family. One day he called me and he was telling me how he was trying to decide on what to get them. Now my brother is a typical guy, he loves tech gadgets but just can't get the appeal of American Girl, Barbie & Littlest Pet Shop. He didn't want to get them lots of "plastic crap" he said. I said, "How about sending them to Disney with us this Fall" It just came out! I didn't intend to put him on the spot or anything. I mean a trip to Disney for 2 is a pretty big chunk of change for a Birthday gift. After a few questions he said, "Sounds Great! Let's do it!" My heart soared! I couldn't believe it... they were really going!!!!:cheer2:

So then the planning really got started, free dining was announced, the package and airfare were booked, ADR's were tweeked and a schedule was built. Oh and thrill of all thrills the MNSSHP started the week were going. All of this was going on for months and the girls still had no idea! We had to keep it from our daughter too so she wouldn't accidentally spill the beans. So how did they find out? Stay tuned ....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter