Wishin' & Hopin', Planning & Dreamin': Oct 2013 PTR - 10/20 UPDATE: Link to TR!!

Pixiedust530

DIS Veteran
:welcome: to my crazy, obsessive PTR of wishes, hopes, plans and dreams! So, you are probably wondering if you read that title correctly? YES…you did. It’s not a typo, that does say October 2013! :scared1: I was trying to wait until at least the start of 2013 to start my PTR, but I just can’t wait any longer…it’s killing me to get started on this thing!​

Before we proceed any further, I must advise you of the following (consider yourself warned):

• I am crazy obsessive about my planning…hence beginning a PTR more than a year out from the trip. You could call me a borderline nut job :crazy2:….okay, maybe that border is a little blurred and I “may” have already crossed it, but you get the general idea.
  • I have this thing for using 3 dots… like this… when writing. I don’t know why… but I guess you better get used to it! :upsidedow
  • I suffer from 2 disorders: P.D.D.D. (Post Disney Depression Disorder – a condition characterized by high levels of anxiety when forced to return home from a Disney vacation. :sad: The only known cure is to begin planning another trip.) and D.S.A. (Disney Sleep Apnea – a sleep disorder characterized by high levels of excitement thinking about your upcoming trip. :banana::banana::banana::banana::yay::yay::yay: There is no known cure.)
  • I tend to ramble…A LOT! I get off topic and sometimes like to take the scenic route… better fasten your seatbelts and keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle folks, it might be a bumpy ride! :drive:
  • I am a hopeless romantic :love: and there might be a bit of nostalgia, dreaming, and gushy mushy stuff thrown into this PTR. Don’t get the wrong idea…I’m no Strawberry Shortcake, but it might get a little Sticky Sweet (which reminds me of an awesome Mötley Crüe song!) See…off topic already…Ahhhhhh!

Now that we have all the disclaimers and legalities out of the way we can move on. I am excited to plan and share my trip with all of you. This will be a much different trip than my last (see PTR link in my siggie if you want to read more) and I’m going to need some input and advice along the way. The biggest difference is that this trip will be just my boyfriend Wayne and I…no kids, no parents or grandparents…just US! Here’s a few pics of us from our October 2011 trip:

Photo0224FourBySix.jpg

Wayne and I with the only mice you will EVER catch me that close to! LOL

P1100617.jpg

My Goofy Wayne

_DSC7137.jpg

Me, pretending to be a Princess....or something like that! ;)

I hope you will follow along with me as I plan what I hope is a magical, memorable trip! Please jump in and say hello :wave2:...or just be a lurker...lurkers are okay too! Stay tuned for formal introductions, the when and where and all my neurotic planning that’s sure to follow.

Hello! I usually just lurk but thought I would chime in as I am dreaming (every day) about my November 2013 trip! June 2012 was our very first trip and I can't wait to get back! :yay:

Welcome back! I guess I should do some formal introductions of who will be going on this trip:

:tinker: ME: Stephanie, 33, mother, planner, Disney fanatic, foodie, school bookkeeper
Favorite Character: Tinkerbell
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror
Photo0067FourBySix.jpg

:goofy: Wayne, 43, easy going, animal lover, amateur photographer, foodie, computer programmer
Favorite Character: Goofy
Favorite Park: EPCOT
Favorite Ride: Rock N Roller Coaster
DSCN5880.jpg

Wayne and I have been together for 3 years. Last year was his very first trip to Disney and I think he is already beginning the transition to the dark side! He has agreed to go back to my favorite place on Earth!

I do have a sweet, lovable 5YO named Caden. He is becoming a Disney lover just like his mommy. :cool1: Unfortunately, he will not be going with us on this trip. He is eager to go back and in good time I will take him again. I feel a little guilty :blush: about leaving him behind, but this trip is a romantic one just for us&or so I am hoping! I do feel like my little guy at least deserves to have his sweet face posted here... :rolleyes1
P1100622.jpg

So there you have it...it's just the 2 of us this time around! :lovestruc I have all sorts of hopes and dreams for this trip. I will share those more as we go along...no need to spoil all the fun now...we have a whole year ahead of us! :lmao:

I have to subscribe to your PTR!!! We have a few things in common...

I'm an obsessive planner -- I plan for a living -- I didn't find it odd at all that you were doing your PTR at this time...make sense to me. :confused3
I also have a fondness for (or problem with) three dots...and sometimes double hyphens (see above)...not to mention a penchant for speaking parenthetically. ;)

I'm looking forward to hearing what you have planned for your 'grown up only' Disney vacation.

Hello! I usually just lurk but thought I would chime in as I am dreaming (every day) about my November 2013 trip! June 2012 was our very first trip and I can't wait to get back! :yay:

:wave2: Hello. So glad you came out of lurkdom (I totally just made that up...:rotfl2:) to join my PTR...AND, you were FIRST! That deserves a :banana:

I have to subscribe to your PTR!!! We have a few things in common...

I'm an obsessive planner -- I plan for a living -- I didn't find it odd at all that you were doing your PTR at this time...make sense to me. :confused3
I also have a fondness for (or problem with) three dots...and sometimes double hyphens (see above)...not to mention a penchant for speaking parenthetically. ;)

I'm looking forward to hearing what you have planned for your 'grown up only' Disney vacation.

:wave2: So glad to have you along. Planning for a living? Sounds AMAZING! I need your job! ;) Now that you mention it, I do often speak parenthetically also!

I have only been to WDW one other time as an adult without a kid in tow (2006)...however, I found out I was pregnant the day we left home so I was slightly restricted in my "grown up" activities :drinking1...if you know what I mean.

I saw on Solana's PTR that you started your own, so I thought I'd come join in if you don't mind. Be back later to read up on the beginning.

Great intros! Your little boy is adorable. And don't feel guilty...we all need those "romantic get away trips" without the kids. Unfortunately, we didn't take ours until our boys were all grown up. :lmao::lmao::lmao: But now that they are 26 and 24 (and the baby is getting married), DH and I go every year by ourselves, and this year it will be twice...but he doesn't know about that trip. ;)

Jumping on here from PBMom's PTR! Are you in our OCT 2013 FB group? My family is going back next October, too! :cool1:

Now that you know who will be going on this trip I guess I should fill you in on the when and where&except&thats still slightly up in the air.

I am pretty confident that our trip will be Sunday, October 13 thru Friday, October 18&at least that is what I am hoping. :goodvibes I work as a school bookkeeper and only get 3 personal days (no actual vacation time since I'm off when the kids are off) Our school system does a Fall Break where we are out Thursday, Friday and the following Monday. (Today is actually the first day of fall break). If the calendar follows history then we will be off Oct. 17-18 (Thurs & Fri) and Oct. 21 (Mon.) in 2013. I will take my 3 personal days on Oct. 14-16. If the calendar changes then I will have to modify my dates. :confused3I am hoping that doesnt happen.

ETA: - They went and changed the darn calendar! It looks like our trip dates are now Oct. 6-11!! Oh well...it means we are there a week earlier!

As for where we will be staying&thats still undecided as well. I know&Im slacking here&Ive started a PTR without even the basic details ironed out. :blush:

We will hopefully be renting DVC points for this trip (thus part of the reason why a Sun.-Thurs. trip&less points per night). Hey&I have to save a little $$ somewhere. :upsidedow Since I wont be able to lock in our dates until around February we will be about 8 months out from our trip&which means we wont have the 11 month booking advantage for the resort of our choice. :sad1: For this reason, I am trying not to get my heart set on 1 specific resort&just in case its not available for our dates. So, heres the 3 I have it narrowed down to (in alphabetical order so theres no bias ;)):

Bay Lake Tower
BLT2.jpg

Beach Club Villas
BCV1.jpg

Boardwalk Villas
BWV1.jpg

If Im lucky enough to have a choice&.where should we stay? I wont give away which one Im leaning towards :scratchin (NOT YET) but help me decide. To answer a few commonly asked questions& We will not have a car and will be relying on Disney :drive: transportation. We will probably spend equal time at MK and EP so location is not necessarily a deciding factor. We dont have a preference on view at any of the resorts except no Standard View at BLT. So&where would YOU stay? Why? Give a girl some insight here.

I saw on Solana's PTR that you started your own, so I thought I'd come join in if you don't mind. Be back later to read up on the beginning.

Great intros! Your little boy is adorable. And don't feel guilty...we all need those "romantic get away trips" without the kids. Unfortunately, we didn't take ours until our boys were all grown up. :lmao::lmao::lmao: But now that they are 26 and 24 (and the baby is getting married), DH and I go every year by ourselves, and this year it will be twice...but he doesn't know about that trip. ;)

:wave2: Thanks for joining in. Glad to have you along. I don't feel guilty about the romantic get-away part...I feel guilty that we are going to Disney for our getaway and leaving the little guy behind. He asks me ALL THE TIME to go back to Disney. I hope he'll forgive me...

How exciting that you have a surprise trip in the works. :cheer2: Sounds AWESOME! I love surprises.

Jumping on here from PBMom's PTR! Are you in our OCT 2013 FB group? My family is going back next October, too! :cool1:

:wave2: Welcome! The more the merrier! I am not in the Oct. 2013 FB group...how do I join? Sounds like lots of fun. It's cool planning a trip at the same time as others. :thumbsup2

:wave2: Thanks for joining in. Glad to have you along. I don't feel guilty about the romantic get-away part...I feel guilty that we are going to Disney for our getaway and leaving the little guy behind. He asks me ALL THE TIME to go back to Disney. I hope he'll forgive me...

How exciting that you have a surprise trip in the works. :cheer2: Sounds AWESOME! I love surprises.

I think he'll forgive you...just bring him something cool back.

Yep, it's a surprise 60th birthday for my DH to see the Christmas decorations. I talk about it a little in my TR and I have a PTR somewhere...but I've neglected it lately and have to go find it. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Of the three you have listed, here is what I would say. Now, we've not stayed at any of those three (we've done DVC points at AKL and OKW) and only have a desire to stay at one of them.

1) Beach Club. I really want to stay here and may have an opportunity on a girls trip in June with my friend and her two daughters. Love that you can hop a boat to Epcot and the Studios.

2) Boardwalk Villas -- sorry, that clown just gets to me for some reason and I don't have a fear of clowns...I just don't like the looks of him. :joker:

3) BLT -- our oldest son stayed there this past February. He said it was very nice, but just not for him. To me it is too much like all the tall buildings in Downtown Chicago where I work so I wouldn't want to stay there.

That wasn't much help...but my thoughts. :)

Hi there....I made it over :wave2: Love the intros, you had me cracking up. I went this July without my little guy and I don't think I will ever do that again. It was fun being able to stay up later and pretty much do what I wanted to do, but it just wasn't as magical without him. I can't wait to go back with my little man.

I haven't stayed at any of those resorts, but my vote is for either Beach Club or BLT since I feel that they are more "grown-up" and it would be a good opportunity to experience them without the little one. I'm with Kathy on the freaky clown at Boardwalk, but the rest of the resort looks great. It's a tough decision....one I am struggling with too right now. Good luck and can't wait to see what you pick!

I think he'll forgive you...just bring him something cool back.

Yep, it's a surprise 60th birthday for my DH to see the Christmas decorations. I talk about it a little in my TR and I have a PTR somewhere...but I've neglected it lately and have to go find it. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I asked him if it would be okay if Mommy went to Diseny without him. He thought about it and said "Well, could you bring me some more of those pennies back...I didn't get all of them last time? You can go to Disney sometime with Wayne while I'm at my Daddy's." :goodvibes I totally love that kid...he's so selfless.

Of the three you have listed, here is what I would say. Now, we've not stayed at any of those three (we've done DVC points at AKL and OKW) and only have a desire to stay at one of them.

1) Beach Club. I really want to stay here and may have an opportunity on a girls trip in June with my friend and her two daughters. Love that you can hop a boat to Epcot and the Studios.

2) Boardwalk Villas -- sorry, that clown just gets to me for some reason and I don't have a fear of clowns...I just don't like the looks of him. :joker:

3) BLT -- our oldest son stayed there this past February. He said it was very nice, but just not for him. To me it is too much like all the tall buildings in Downtown Chicago where I work so I wouldn't want to stay there.

That wasn't much help...but my thoughts. :)

Thank you for your input. I am still temporarily withholding my opinions of the 3. I want to get a few more unbiased opinions from others. :rolleyes1

Here is a link to the FB page...

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/groups/353374061381487/

Be sure to let us know your Disname when you get over there, so we can introduce ourselves to you. :goodvibes

Thanks for the link and the invite. I made it over. I can't believe how many there are that are going in October 2013.

Hi there....I made it over :wave2: Love the intros, you had me cracking up. I went this July without my little guy and I don't think I will ever do that again. It was fun being able to stay up later and pretty much do what I wanted to do, but it just wasn't as magical without him. I can't wait to go back with my little man.

I haven't stayed at any of those resorts, but my vote is for either Beach Club or BLT since I feel that they are more "grown-up" and it would be a good opportunity to experience them without the little one. I'm with Kathy on the freaky clown at Boardwalk, but the rest of the resort looks great. It's a tough decision....one I am struggling with too right now. Good luck and can't wait to see what you pick!

I will be sure to report back after how it was without him. I am sure that I will miss him and have a little guilt, but we'll see.

You make a good point about staying at a "grown up" resort for my "grown up" trip. Still no decisions made....and of course, I have to remember that I might not get my first choice anyway since I will be renting points.

Made it over!
Bay Lake tower!!! see the castle and fireworks:cloud9:???
i wish the buildings downtown Chicago had the view of the castle! I'd actually LIKE my job then!!!

Good for you! going the adult time!!!

I see my favorite Thread jackers are here! :cool1:

No Facebook page for the September people.. I'm telling you it's going to be MY world!!!!

Made it over!
Bay Lake tower!!! see the castle and fireworks:cloud9:???
i wish the buildings downtown Chicago had the view of the castle! I'd actually LIKE my job then!!!

Good for you! going the adult time!!!

Seeing the castle and fireworks would definitely be cool! :cool2: Hmmm....seeing the castle from my office window....I would never get any work done.

I see my favorite Thread jackers are here! :cool1:

No Facebook page for the September people.. I'm telling you it's going to be MY world!!!!

Thread jacking is totally allowed! :thumbsup2 I'm a tad guilty of this as well!

I am sure your September trip will be awesome....and MAYBE all to yourself...but you can keep the September humidity. ;) October was gorgeous last year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter