Wishing room service was an initial phase option

Llama mama

DIS Veteran
Wishing room service was an initial phase option. Sure would be nice to have an early morning breakfast or a late night snack in your room. Wonder why they took away this option.

Me too! Especially with the new park hours an no park hopper. After a long hot day in the park, a nice dinner in our room a night or two would be nice.

Disney has never defined "initial opening period". It's possible that once the parks open, room service will resume. Not counting on it, though. It sounds like a cost-cutting measure, like the reduction in housekeeping.

Not just (or necessarily) cost cutting, but rather social distancing, maybe? Nobody entering your room with food? Or anything? Likely you can still get take-out, or, like at home, contactless non-Disney delivery.

I agree. Especially with Animal Kingdom Lodge. They don't have a restaurant open for breakfast. It's just QS and grab and go.

I was thinking the same thing. Without park hopping, it would be easier & nicer to be able to order room service, rather than having to either leave the bubble, go back to your original park, or try and find something at your resort. Especially since some resorts do not have a huge selection of places to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter