WISH'n for weightloss

bthrsoon

Mouseketeer
:wave: Hi all. I'll be on vacation at the end of June and really need some encouragement to slim down. I need to lose about 40 lbs but that's not going to happen in 3 months. I'd settle for 20, I'd be thrilled with 20! Last month, my father passed away suddenly and I've felt less than energetic and a little lost lately. My husband and children have been wonderfully supportive. I need to find the courage to go on, change and live life to the fullest. :cheer2: :banana:

Welcome to the WISH Journals! You've come to the right place!

I'm sorry about your father. :grouphug: It's great that you have your DH and children for support. We're here for you too! :goodvibes

What really got me going was reading other people's journals. LOTS of inspiring journeys happening all around us!

Take care, and keep on posting!

:welcome: to the Dis!!
Sorry to hear about your father :grouphug: you're in my thoughts.
I'm glad your DH and kids are supporting you.....that's the best feeling!
How old are your kids? Maybe you could all work-out together...my dh and I run/walk about 4 or 5 times a week and it's really nice.

hang in there, you can do this!!
marie

Not sure running is for me. Walking is fine though. I love to swim but that'll have to wait for summer. By then, maybe I can consider a bathing suit. :blush: I have 13 weeks to Disney's Vero Beach so if I lose 2-3 pounds per week, that would be between 26-39 lbs. Which would be so awesome :banana: My diet, excuse me, healthy regime is high fiber, reduced calorie, reduced fat and reduced sodium. Sounds a lot like cardboard actually! :rotfl2: It's not that bad I guess but I miss eating out already. I'm trying to think of some non-eating treats for myself like manicures, new perfume or shampoo to keep my spirits up on account of the above mentioned cardboard! Any suggestions?

I think non-food rewards are a great idea! Maybe, every 5 pounds loss you get to spend a certain amount on pampering yourself?

Keep a positive attitude about wanting to be heathy...and remember that you eat to live, not live to eat. That's what I kept telling myself when I'd have weak days.

Well I got through my first work day/"diet" day (I work part-time). There is not a lot of time for healthy eating and plenty of opportunity for sabotaging snacks but I did ok. I through a low-fat granola bar in my purse before I left. When I got home, I have never been happier to see a bowl of leftover steamed broccolli in my entire life. The scale is starting to budge! :teeth:

GOOD JOB ON THE VEGGIES!!
I brought in leftover steamed veggies for "my" lunch today, and everyone else was eating them!! They couldn't believe how good they were!!

Do you prepare your veggies a special way? I saw a recipe that said to stir fry veggies in sake. I went to Trader Joe's and didn't find sake. Any other suggestions? I like them steamed just fine but it does take some time and if you want to grab something quick not always practical. I guess I'll need to learn to steam extra (a lot extra) so I'll have leftovers. So far so good today. :thumbsup2

bthrsoon said:
Do you prepare your veggies a special way? I saw a recipe that said to stir fry veggies in sake. I went to Trader Joe's and didn't find sake. Any other suggestions? I like them steamed just fine but it does take some time and if you want to grab something quick not always practical. I guess I'll need to learn to steam extra (a lot extra) so I'll have leftovers. So far so good today. :thumbsup2

I don't know what kind of veggies you like, but here's what I did (got it out of a Betty Crocker cookbook)

2 tomatos
1 zucchini
1/2 bell pepper
1/2 red pepper
Cut all into bitesize pieces.
put all into 2 qt caserole dish
pour 1/4 cup light italian dressing and "toss" (kinda just stir it to mix a little bit)
put into microwave on high for 10 minutes (covered), stirring every 3 minutes.

the recipie also says to top it with parmesan cheese, but i don't like that. and it says to make it w/ long grain brown rice, but i didn't have any!! lol!! (i used couscous and it was good)

pretty easy and (IMO) tasty!
good luck!
marie

:thumbsup2 That looks like a great recipe but I don't have any bell peppers on hand so I'll have to wait till the weekend to try it. Yesterday went ok, I only ate foods that were allowed but I ate a little more of them than I probably should have. Small steps forward I guess. For evening so I won't fall off the wagon, I use Crest whitening strips while I'm watching tv. You can't possible eat while they're on your teeth. In three months, I'll have the whitest teeth of anybody on that beach (they'll glow at night)! :rotfl2:

It's been about 1 1/2 weeks now and I'm still on track. I needed to loosen the requirements of my diet a bit. ie. I am still under 1400 calories but I don't care which starches/fruits/veggies for each meal as long as it fits into the overall plan for the day. Being too strict was going to get too hard to quick! :confused3 I think I'll lose approx. 4 pounds during these two weeks. I had hoped for more but I think it's a respectable weight loss. I ordered a couple of shirts and capris one size smaller for incentive (I hope it works)! At any rate I won't let myself quit until I at least fit into them! :cheer2: I hope for 3-4 sizes down in the long run.

It's kind of depressing to realize how long it may take me to get rid of this extra weight. But I am plugging away and I don't feel like I'm starving or anything. In fact, I enjoy the healthier eating most of the time. But the weight does come off slowly. I'm still committed though and I hope that's most of the battle.

Sorry to hear about your father. How have you been doing? Its tough losing someone that you're so close to.

The weight does come off slowly sometimes but its a great feeling when it does. The best thing is getting into smaller sizes & being able to do things you couldn't do because the weight was wearing you down. I want to lose 10 more lbs by mid May. Its much easier to set & attain smaller goals than to get overwhelmed by one huge goal. Congrats for sticking with your program! :banana:

Slow and steady wins the race....remember that!!
Staying committed is definately the hardest part for me. That's why I enjoy the journaling....it makes me accountable and keeps me focused.
keep up the good work!

marie

You're really doing great! :thumbsup2

Good catch on switching up your food a little, to keep yourself going. That's important to head-off anything you think might discourage you.

Keep on goin!! :cheer2:

I'm still doing ok. I've actually visited Sonic once a week for a treat for my kids and only have a diet cherry limeade :banana: Actually they taste really good and less than 30 calories for a regular. I've lost about 5 pounds now :hourglass slow and steady. I only have to do that seven more times! :woohoo: All your encouragement and support is great :grouphug: Keeps me hanging in there when they day gets hard!

Well it's ten pounds now! :banana: I'm very excited I pray for 20 by vacation time in June. Disney's Vero Beach here we come! :cheer2: I seem to chunk off weight in 2-3 pound increments. Nothing for a few days and then all of a sudden 2 pounds. Maybe my scale isn't sensitive enough to catch the smaller amounts but I don't want to get another at this point. I had lunch with my hubby today at Chilis. I got the lettuce wraps and they are so good (under 500 calories) even with sauce. So all in all a great day :woohoo:

You're doing great! Keep up the good work!! I wish mine would come off in 2-3 lb incriments!! mine is 1 lb down, 2 lbs up, 1 lb down.....you know the routine. i'm really hoping for a bigger loss this week.

keep it up!!
marie

This Easter break was our first official holiday without my dad. Although it was sad, I enjoyed being with my mom and brothers and their families. My kids enjoyed lots of candy and their mom enjoyed more sweets than she should have. But good news the scale stayed the same (no gain or loss). :cool1: The only problem is after 3 days of eating whatever I wanted, today is shaping up to be very hard with lots of hunger pangs. Hopefully, I can avoid the Easter baskets. I would love to have a 10-15 pound loss in the next two months before vacation, and I'm trying to focus on that and not the candy.

10 pounds down 25 to go! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter