Wisteria help

DISNEYLOVER70

<font color=blue>Speaks softly but carries a big s
I have two wisterias. One on either side of my arbor. It is goreous, really full and green and it looks like one big plant now. It is 3 years old this year. But NO FLOWERS!! I went to the local greenhouse and they told me to give it phosphite. I did that and still nothing. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I have two wisterias. One on either side of my arbor. It is goreous, really full and green and it looks like one big plant now. It is 3 years old this year. But NO FLOWERS!! I went to the local greenhouse and they told me to give it phosphite. I did that and still nothing. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Some vines don't flower until they're 7 years old, so be patient.

Do Not Feed Your Wisteria Vine! They thrive on neglect. Do not overwater it, either. Worst thing you can do is plant it where it gets lawn fertilizer, for then you will get all this lush, green, lovely growth and nary a flower. Starve the sucker for a while, see if it helps. Give it another season or two, then if it still doesn't flower, try root-pruning it (cut some of the roots with a shovel in order to shock it into flowering...the fewer roots, the fewer nutrients, therefore a higher stimulation to flower.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter