• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

With 40% off pin offer is club level worth it??????

I thought as the OP did last year - We had a 40% discount so figured, let's stay club level. It doesn't change 1 simple fact - You're still paying $100+ more per night for muffins, coffee, snack food, fruit, soda, beer and wine (which they didn't even have available all the time.)

Is it worth it? I don't see how. With 5 of us, I can't imagine eating $100 worth of muffins, goldfish, cookies and gummy bears every day. But that's just us. We eat breakfast at the parks and resorts, we're at the parks for lunch, and for dinner we go to Epcot, character meals or Downtown Disney. I suppose if you're going to eat all your meals at Club Level, it could be worth it.

Well, I think it's unfair to state that it's $100/night "JUST" for club level. We're at AKL, and it's only $360 to go from Standard Savannah view to Club Level for 8 nights. That breaks down to $45night - and that still doesn't factor in our AAA discount. So the value is there for us without question. Part of the disney experience for us is the savannah view. Just as features at many of the various resorts and room levels are part of the disney experience for other families. Club level is just one more element that helps make take that experience to another level. The other thing that keeps getting passed over is the benefit of IPO. That's huge for me - I'm really looking forward that. For a busy mom, having someone do a bulk of my reservations and deal with the hard to get timeslot management is a biggie. Plus we have some special things we're planning that will take some time management assistance. I hear IPO is good at helping coordinate/advice on that. :thumbsup2

Well to me it is worth it. I have seen plenty of families with kids younger than yours staying club level. I asked this one family why stay club level with so many kids (they had 4, only one over 10) & she said it was cheaper for them to eat breakfast in the lounge & then come back later when they had more out so the kids could eat something before eating their meals so it saved them on food. She said they tried the regular rooms but prefer club level.(and she stayed every type of resort Disney has)
In the end it boils down to what you want to do. It more than muffins for breakfast, cereals, hot oatmeal etc.. It is enough to get you to lunch in MHO. And if it is your DH favorite do it you got a great deal with % off. Treat yourself. :goodvibes:goodvibes

PS
If I went in during the times they wasn't serving I could always ask fir a drink or something to eat & they got it for me. They always have drinks out at least at the Yacht Club, & BWI :)

We only think CL is worth is with a code... But with your family it'll probably be even more worth it just to save money on breakfast alone!

It sounds by the tone of the posts that you're kind of excited to try it. So, if you have a great rate, I say go for it! Especially for a short trip. If it was 8 days and you were really breaking the bank to do it, it might be more of a consideration just to go with the Garden View room. In my experience, the Poly Concierge has the most abundant of food selections and the lounge is spacious with a great view! Especially during the heat of the summer, it's nice to relax and come back to a comfortable air conditioned lounge for a break. And, like the others have stated, teenagers will definitely get their money's worth of snacks and drinks. If you add up the $5 here, $5 there you'd be using on snacking at the parks or at the resort, it's going to add up realllly quick.

I say go for it, especially for a short trip! Upgrades are rare, especially during the peak months, so I'd hate for you to be disappointed with not getting concierge once you get there. Good luck with your decision and let us know what you decide! :goodvibes

:surfweb:

Even Better....here's the listings for you (or at least the most recent.) :thumbsup2

Sunday
Create Your Own Mini Pork Sandwiches with Asian Cole Slaw
Vegetable Spring Rolls with Dipping Sauces
Tropical Pineapple Fruit Tray
Assorted Cheese Tray
Vegetable Platter

Monday
California Rolls and Cucumber Avocado Rolls
Make Your Own Asian Noodle Bowl
Assorted Cheese Tray
Vegetable Platter

Tuesday
Slow Roasted Barbeque Pork Ribs
Hot and Sour Soup with Chicken
Assorted Cheese Tray
Vegetable Platter

Wednesday
Spirit of Aloha Chicken Drumsticks
Spirit of Aloha Fried Rice
Assorted Cheese Tray
Vegetable Platter

Thursday
Wonton Chips served with Chimichurii Sauce
Tropical Salsa
Create your Own Asian Style Lettuce Wraps
Assorted Cheese Tray
Vegetable Platter

Friday
Ohana Marinated Turkey Skewers with Peanut Sauce
Maui Onion Potatoes Au Gratin
Assorted Cheese Tray
Vegetable Platter

Saturday
Kona Sticky Wings
Kona Chowder
Kona Salad with Fresh Fruit, Maytag Blue Cheese
Smoked Almonds, Mixed Greens with a Citrus Vinaigrette
Assorted Cheese Tray
Vegetable Platter

Yum!! Now I'm hungry!! ;) Thanks for posting this! :goodvibes

My teenage son and I stayed Club Level at the Beach Club in January. We also had a code with 40% off. I normally don't stay club level at Disney, only once before, but with the code we decided to try BC. Although, I wasn't overly impressed with the Beach Club level, I 'm glad I tried it especially with the code.

I've probably said this before, but for me to stay club level at Disney again, it would have to be a trip where I would spend a lot more time at the resort to take advantage of the Club lounge. It sounds like your trip will mainly be at one park and MK is close to the Poly so this may work well for you. Personally, I felt like it was a waste to only use the lounge for breakfast and a quick stop in the afternoon if we were even at the hotel and not the park.
We were usually out for dinner and then a park after dinner and not able to use the lounge for evening appetizers or the evening cordials or desserts. I know a lot of people like just knowing all the amenities are available to them if they need or want them but if I'm not at the resort to use it, it did bother me cause after all I did pay for it.

Overall, I do like club level especially for the convenience of the snacks, drinks, concierge and it is great to have a place to relax other than the room and the food is fine but I really think it depends on how much you will actually use it. If you want to try club level having the 40% code is a great time to try. To sum it up, club level is a luxury and if money was never an issue, I would always choose to stay club level. If you decide to try Poly club level try to take advantage of what it has to offer or you may feel disappointed.

We stayed Poly CL last July and I do think it is a personal decision on the value. It was very convenient to have the breakfast offerings, water, juice, snacks all day...the appetizers were good, desserts too. BUT I could have done the same thing in my room much cheaper. Granted you have the variety, and the luxury...but whether or not it is worth it, I think is up to you. We too got a great rate for a CL Lagoon view at Poly and jumped on it. The view was spectacular, the food was good and I loved feeling "spoiled" for the 6 days we were there. I don't think I would do it again unless I planned on spending alot of time at the resorts. It's the only way you truly get your money's worth.

Thank you again for your comments. This really does help. I forgot to say we usually get free dining. You know how wonderful that can be. We have done free dining about 4 times. Yes, fd is so worth it, but this time we are only doing MK with our free ticket. We just really wanted to go to Disney one time without having to go to every park. We have never done that before. The kids of course want to go to every park, but we just don't have the money and to be honest with you we all decided to just enjoy the resort of our dreams. Sometimes with fd we got tired of having to be somewhere everyday at a certain time. FD is alot of food. Sometimes we got tired of eating and some of us like my DH are big eaters. One of my twins likes to snack every 2 to 3 hours b/c he is not a big eater. This twin is one that has a heart condition and we have never been in July. He has a hard time with the heat. So saying all this, we might just try club level at the Poly. My DH and 2 of the kids are going to Disney Quest b/c we have 3 free tickets. So, me and DD we just stay and enjoy the Poly. The day we check in we plan to be there by 9:00am so we will have a full day. We are staying with family the night before that live in Florida about an hour from Disney. Thanks for the menu. Sounds great to us. yes, we all are excited to try club level just one time in a lifetime. So glad to have the 40% off. Three nights just isn't long enough, but thats all we can afford. Please anyone else give us your comments on club level or any ideas. Thank you, thank you........:)

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay at the CL Poly!!!!!!!!!! Poly (IMO) has the BEST CL food/people!! We have stayed MKview CL there a few times, and LOVE it.... the alcoholic punch they put out at 5pm is worth it alone! LMAO..

Seriously, the POLY is my fav resort, and very relaxing, and CL just is the cherry on top!

We are returning to the Poly this summer for a second visit (with 3 kidspirate:pirate:princess:) and also received the 40% PIN. We originally planning on booking a AAA rate GV room but after receiving the PIN and reading all the great things that were written about club level, we decided to do the upgrade.:banana: We liked the "all-inclusive" idea and figured that the 40%PIN made the cost of a GV club level room roughly the same as the AAA GV rate which we had initally budgetted for.:cool1:

:yay:caitsmama Thank you...... We have only stayed at Poly one times years ago for one night. We love to eat at Ohana's. So we always go and walk around there when we eat. We never want to leave and go back to our value resort once you have seen the POLY. We love POP, but Poly is just so beautiful. The food is always wonderful at the POLY.....

I know!!!! We will probably have to stay at the POP for our 2011 trip, but -- my heart is always at the POLY!!!! Especially b/c we don't do the parks all day -- we spend alot of time relaxing at the resorts..

We stayed at the Poly with a 40% off code at the end of February and our garden view room was about $279/nt. We are going back next week and booked garden view concierge with our AP discount for a price of $314/nt. So for a difference of about $35/40 a night we will have access to food and drink all day. IMHO it's more than worth it.

I guess we could always just try it or maybe they could upgrade us. If we try and don't like it our first night, then maybe I can ask to be switched to a reg. garden view room. (if we feel it is not worth the extra money) Or just try it and say well we have done that,been there, but won't do it again.

I asked that exact question and was told that once you booked club, then you had to stay with it.

I have until April 13th to pay the deposit, so I guess I will decide at the last min. Do we stay CL at POLY w/40%off or do we stay garden view at POLY with40%off?????????????:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3

CL....CL....CL....CL...CL....

LOL Can ya tell where my vote is??? ;)

Think of the money you will end up saving in the long run on food/drink!! Breakfast alone is a savings for a family -- but the mid-day wine/beer, snacks etc add up! Then, the 5pm hot app's for dinner -- and ooooohhh the sweets later on and cordials!! HEAVEN!

YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!

Caitsmama......You are toooooo funny. I think me and you both wish we were there right now. I think you just helped me to decide on CL. We do eat and drink alot for 5 people. It would be nice to just walk to CL to get a drink and snacks anytime we want. Since we are staying mainly at the resort this time. Thank you so much for being so helpful.:cool1:

No problem!! Yes, my bags are packed... too bad when i wake up i will still be here in damp RI still trying to dry out my room from flooding. LMAO

But, we stayed CL last March AND Aug. at the Poly, and i was in heaven!!!! To be able to sit on the beach and just walk right into the lounge and grab something was awesome. And the staff there CL is wonderful.

As i said, due to the economy, our future WDW stays will be mod or maybe value... (which i have never done!!) but, in my dreams i am back at the Poly - watching those tiki torches flicker in the moonlight from my window as i lay in bed! :)

Someday.......... i will be back..............

My family and I ate trying Polynesian club level this july. I got a 40% off pin code and that was what made it "worth it" to us. Also, it's our 10 year wedding anniversary so we are celebrating too! So far, IPO has been tremendous! They got us three hard to ge ressies and I'm looking forward to breakfasts in the lounge with my kids as DH is not a bog breakfast guy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter