with Disneyland closing, Disney world can't be far behind

Ughhh I hope it doesn’t, and if it does, I hope it reopens by the end of June.

My senior banquet is cancelled, we likely won’t have a graduation ceremony, and now we might not even graduate on time because our clinical hours are postponed. I need something to look forward to. :sad:

I think it will depend on how bad things get here and when. Anaheim had already said no large gatherings, which DL was somehow exempt from at first. So I will be watching for some sort of similar guideline to go in place here as an indicator to when WDW could close. I would think they would want to not have both closed at the same time, if possible, and we haven’t had as many cases in Florida, and especially near Orlando.

I have a trip booked in May, and earlier today (before the DL announcement) I booked a backup reservation for June as a “just in case”. I would prefer to go in May, for F&G and better weather, but I also wanted to be prepared before a lot of people try to reschedule their trips.

My senior banquet is cancelled, we likely won’t have a graduation ceremony, and now we might not even graduate on time because our clinical hours are postponed. I need something to look forward to. :sad:

Ugh, not being able to graduate on time. What a headache! My wish for you is that the graduation is worked out painlessly.

Well are there are drastically different state governments to deal with, I’m not sure Florida will apply the kind of pressure that California did. We shall see.

I’m sorry. I know how hard you have worked to have that moment.

Ugh, not being able to graduate on time. What a headache! My wish for you is that the graduation is worked out painlessly.
I’m sorry. I know how hard you have worked to have that moment.
Thanks. I mean... I’ll walk across my living room floor and receive my degree from my cat. I don’t care! As long as it’s not postponed! have a job lined up and everything.

I’m so sorry! I truly understand! My DD is in the same situation trying to finish her Master’s in OT.

I've given up trying to second-guess it; I'm just waiting on tenterhooks for statements from the company. We are 5 days out from a planned WDW trip as of midnight tonight.

Earlier today Gov deSantis stated that FL has received no test kits at all from the Federal Government. The only kits available have been purchased commercially, and the commercial ones apparently don't have any swabs in them, and there is a shortage of swabs as well. The current infection rate information in Florida is thus totally useless for them to do any planning with.

I wouldn't worry as much about Disney World closing. Florida is a special animal. It's the state where motorcycle drivers don't need insurance and kid's over SIX don't need car seats or boosters. Let's just say Florida is a little more lax about safety laws than other states. I LOVE Florida but I LOVE Florida for what it is, it's the drunk uncle of states that lets us drive his car when we are 12. This is not the state that's going to tell it's biggest tourism draw to close. If Disney World closes, it's going to be of their own free will and they are bleeding money right now so unless they are feeling pressure, I don't think they will.

I wouldn't worry as much about Disney World closing. Florida is a special animal. It's the state where motorcycle drivers don't need insurance and kid's over SIX don't need car seats or boosters. Let's just say Florida is a little more lax about safety laws than other states. I LOVE Florida but I LOVE Florida for what it is, it's the drunk uncle of states that lets us drive his car when we are 12. This is not the state that's going to tell it's biggest tourism draw to close. If Disney World closes, it's going to be of their own free will and they are bleeding money right now so unless they are feeling pressure, I don't think they will.

California didn't tell Disneyland to close. Disney made that decision. It is all about public image and liability.

Right now, WDW is probably the only thing that is going to keep Revenues up. I think public perception in California for staying open was going to cause more of a headache than keeping WDW open.

I just hope it stays open because our trip is Tuesday

California didn't tell Disneyland to close. Disney made that decision. It is all about public image and liability.

We don’t actually know that. They could have given them the chance to close to save face but knowing they’d be forced. Unless someone in the room where it happened talks, we can only guess what kind of pressure they may have been under. The reports today after the initial ban on gatherings was that parks were only excluded so that they could work out the details and that they wanted to get the initial ban out as quickly as possible.

DLP is still open, right?

Thanks. I mean... I’ll walk across my living room floor and receive my degree from my cat. I don’t care! As long as it’s not postponed! have a job lined up and everything.

If I were your employer, this is a rare circumstance that you can make exceptions for. Look at it this way... They may now pay for your last semester!

WDW employs thousands more employees than DL. Even if the laid off WDW employees were given guaranteed pay, it doesn’t take into account all of the other hotels and restaurants and tourist locations that will suffer immensely and can’t afford to be without those tourist dollars. Our economy in Orlando will collapse if WDW closes. DL has more locals visit than tourists. It’s such a double edged sword. Yes, it *should* close to give the virus a quick break from potentially spreading even further, but the economic implications are immeasurable. Use good judgment and don’t go to the parks or on vacation if you’re at risk. Maybe they could limit the amount of guests at the parks like they do for New Years Eve and do staged closings. Limit the amount of people that can be in a queue. Sanitizing stations at every ride and attraction and food entrance. Better options than closing completely. I’m just worried about what will happen to Orlando if it does close-that scares me more than the virus.

WDW employs thousands more employees than DL. Even if the laid off WDW employees were given guaranteed pay, it doesn’t take into account all of the other hotels and restaurants and tourist locations that will suffer immensely and can’t afford to be without those tourist dollars. Our economy in Orlando will collapse if WDW closes. DL has more locals visit than tourists. It’s such a double edged sword. Yes, it *should* close to give the virus a quick break from potentially spreading even further, but the economic implications are immeasurable. Use good judgment and don’t go to the parks or on vacation if you’re at risk. Maybe they could limit the amount of guests at the parks like they do for New Years Eve and do staged closings. Limit the amount of people that can be in a queue. Sanitizing stations at every ride and attraction and food entrance. Better options than closing completely. I’m just worried about what will happen to Orlando if it does close-that scares me more than the virus.

Shutting down briefly though might be a better alternative to that though. Especially with how infectious this virus is. If you stay open and 2 weeks later half of your employees are sick, it's a more significant problem than just closing for those 2 weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter