Without saying your first name , is your first name common or uncommon?

Growing up I never met someone with my name when I turned mid twenties I started noticing young children with my name, so I’d say fairly common now but not 55 years ago!

Boringly common. My first name has been used in movies, commercials, presidents, senators, musicians, actors, comedians, serial killers, cartoon characters, a hurricane, and was even used in the world of computers. :)

Really uncommon. When I tell people my name, a lot of people say "that is an interesting name." 13 babies per million the year I was born according to babycenter.
I may have you confused with someone else but I think you have the same name as my cousin's daughter. I only remember because she's the only person I've met with that name.

Very common for early 90's babies (when I was born). I'd say it's still fairly common now, but not as much as it was then. (though Olaf may make it more common :P)

I may have you confused with someone else but I think you have the same name as my cousin's daughter. I only remember because she's the only person I've met with that name.

My name is Denae. Is that your cousin's daughter's name?

Depending on spelling, mine is extremely common among women around my age. Much less common outside of people born in the 70s. My spelling however, is more uncommon. According to http://howmanyofme.com/search/, there are 9 people in the US with my full name.

ETA: after years of being one of 4-5 in a room in high school, I went into a male dominated field, and for years had no one with my name. Now, there's another lady in my unit with the same name, spelled the same, and another in another unit that I work with regularly that spells hers differently. We just both had to rise up in the ranks enough to be in the same room.

It was uncommon when I was born, and although it got more popular later, I don’t think it’s ever been super common.

It's a familiar name but I don't think it's ever been a "popular" name. I think it's used as a middle name more than a first name. But I like it. 😊

Katie isn't my actual name, just my user name. 😉

Last edited:
common if you purchase coffee at 7/11 or gas station like 7/11 stores, you see my name on the machines that dispense your moring brew...also found on some elevators and keys I was name after a 50s movie star last name and no one...oh wait....joels friend was played by an actor that we both share the same first name.....but that actor didn't make it to the moon in his carrer like the star who playee joel in the movie.....however, he may have the record for best commercial cameo.

My name isn’t overly common, but I have met a few others with my name. My first name comes from a song and my middle name comes from a movie, so it’s very much a product of the times (very late 1970’s)

Uncommon spelling, and uncommon when I was born, BUT it is now a much, much more common name, i'd say in the last 15 years for girls. When I was born, early 70s, I rarely met anyone with my name, and I did, they were usually MUCH older. I was named after my grandmother, who was born in the 1880s...name was sorta common then I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter