(Wizard 101) Quest Tips & Help Thread!

Hmm, guess I'd better get on with Dragonspyre. I was sort of stalling in hopes that they'd lift the level cap when the new world comes online. Anyone heard anything about that possibility?

I hope so too. It doesnt make sense not to. A lot of people out there won't be very motivated to play on and waste all that potential XP. I even left a few side quests, in Dragonspyre, until they lift it.

The pics look cool though!

A little birdy tells me that they are having trouble with raising the cap, so it may not happen at the same time as Grizzleheim. If it doesn't I hope the new world has some awesome drops. Particularly furniture.

I have a character that is a Level 17 Diviner. I was doing a quest in the Chamber of Fire in Krokotopia. The one where Hetch has asked for a library book and you are sent to the Wizard City library and and the librarian tells you someone borrowed it and to search the crates in the Chamber of Fire.

I had just found the book right below where Salam Ibn'dur stands and all of a sudden my mana went from 125 to 39 and when I clicked my backpack and looked at my stats page my maximum mana is now 49.

Does anyone know why this happened?

Thanks.

Ah shucks. Well, guess I'll get on with it then so I can enjoy Grizzleheim along with everyone else.

Sorry can't help about your stats. You might try emailing KingsIsle customer service. I have found them to be very responsive to issues of that sort.

...all of a sudden my mana went from 125 to 39 and when I clicked my backpack and looked at my stats page my maximum mana is now 49....Does anyone know why this happened?...
Could you have maybe removed or changed a wearable (hat, coat, shoes, athame, etc.) that increased your mana stat?

...guess I'll get on with it then so I can enjoy Grizzleheim along with everyone else...
Nothing it set in stone (either way), so you might consider waiting till it goes to test. If you feel that you don't want to wait at that point, you might consider doing only the primary quests and leaving the secondary for leveling up if a max cap increase comes along sometime later.

Just some clarification on Grizzleheim; it looks like it's being designed to play alongside any mid-to-high-level world. Here is Professor Greyrose's announcement from the 101 page:
We're proud to officially reveal plans for Grizzleheim, a new 3D world to be added to Wizard101.

Inspired by Norse mythology, Grizzleheim is an airy, outdoor landscape of snowy mountains, glacial ridges and towering trees that is home to three new Wizard101 tribes - Bears, Wolves and Ravens.

Players will first encounter the Viking Bears of Grizzleheim, great traders with the ability to travel the worlds of the Spiral, in the free-to-play areas of Wizard City.

As student wizards adventure through subsequent worlds, Grizzleheim will offer new quests, new locations to explore, new opponents and new Viking-themed decorative housing items interspersed throughout the mid and higher levels of the game.

For more information and awesome screenshots, see our Grizzleheim page.
So I don't think there's any need to rush through Dragonspyre, as access to Grizzleheim does not appear to depend on completing it.

I have a character that is a Level 17 Diviner. I was doing a quest in the Chamber of Fire in Krokotopia. The one where Hetch has asked for a library book and you are sent to the Wizard City library and and the librarian tells you someone borrowed it and to search the crates in the Chamber of Fire.

I had just found the book right below where Salam Ibn'dur stands and all of a sudden my mana went from 125 to 39 and when I clicked my backpack and looked at my stats page my maximum mana is now 49.

Does anyone know why this happened?

Thanks.

Could you have maybe removed or changed a wearable (hat, coat, shoes, athame, etc.) that increased your mana stat?

No, thanks, but that was the first thing I thought of too. Nothing I was wearing would have had that big an effect. It's like I lost all the mana gained for about 10 levels. It even went back to a blue wisp only giving me two mana at a time when I use them to recharge.

I guess I'll try customer service.

Thanks

I would love to go into Grizzlehelm (probably spelled that wrong) but am not going to play my high level character until the exp max goes up, since I just don't see the point of it - I agree with others who saved sidequests and also I have not finished dragonspyre simply because getting no exp is so annoying. Not as interested in the "drops." So I will just wait until they get the cap raised, i am sure they will be able to figure it out soon, as they are a very bright bunch!.

That's about where I am with it too. My grandmaster are going to wait for more XP while I try to level up my other ones.

First of all what can you not see - the Frost Colossus or the Storm Chamber in the Grand Arena?

If this is an Ice School quest, it does not sound familiar to me. I went to The Shopping District, The Ice School Training Tower, Colossus Blvd. (a few times), and The Hall Of Champions to find a Colossus at one point or another. If it is an Ice School Quest at what level did you get the quest?

i am level 10 and i cant get into colosuss boulevard.
is this just part of the game or do i have to do some quest
OR do i have to a spacifice level?
please tell ma if you know anything about this
i need to go to the ice school and i cant get there
" none shall pass without permission from headmaster"
how do i get it?:surfweb::wizard:

I have a level 31 Balance, Life, & Myth Wizard that I absolutely love. However, I seem to have hit a snag with him. I can't seem to get the Omnibus from the bosses in McTavish Tavern.

So, if you are a Balance wizard, when were you finally able to get the Omnibus? I have had friends offer to come join me in the fight, but they can't port in. Any tips? TIA

If you have unlimited access, you have to keep completing quests until the Headmaster gives you access. If I remember correctly, you pretty much have to finish all of Wizard City, except the Grubb quest, before you can go into Colossus.

Yep, you need to get permission from headmaster Ambrose. You will get this permission when you complete the three streets from Old Town: Triton bvld, Firecat Alley and Cyclops Lane.

I have a level 31 Balance, Life, & Myth Wizard that I absolutely love. However, I seem to have hit a snag with him. I can't seem to get the Omnibus from the bosses in McTavish Tavern.

So, if you are a Balance wizard, when were you finally able to get the Omnibus? I have had friends offer to come join me in the fight, but they can't port in. Any tips? TIA
What problem are you having? Is it just a matter of the fight being difficult? I know some of the spell quest battles can be pretty brutal. And, yeah, your friends can't help.

I honestly don't recall having any problem with the McTavishes. They are Life and Myth, right? Since those are 2 of your schools, I would keep primarily Balance spells in my deck, especially Sandstorm, Spectral Blast, Hex and Balance Blade. Your Spirit Shield is also essential. Also, use either a Storm wand [damage boost against Myth] or a Death wand [boost against Life]. (Or you might farm Shakes O'Leary in Chelsea Court until he drops a Life staff on you. This staff will provide you with an extra pip at the start of the battle, which is a BIG help in Marleybone.) Load up on Pixie treasure cards, and maybe a couple Ghoul &/or Vampire. Most importantly, use your Helpful Mander minion! It is one of the best minions in the game.

Finally made it to the last tower in Dragonspyre. Anyone available to join me for the tower run. Was thinking about trying tonight (after 7 pm eastern) or tomorrow (after 11 am eastern). PM or post if interested in helping.

TIA

Finally made it to the last tower in Dragonspyre. Anyone available to join me for the tower run. Was thinking about trying tonight (after 7 pm eastern) or tomorrow (after 11 am eastern). PM or post if interested in helping.
By "last tower", do you mean the Drake Dungeon?

I can probably help you on Saturday. What time and what realm?

What problem are you having? Is it just a matter of the fight being difficult? I know some of the spell quest battles can be pretty brutal. And, yeah, your friends can't help.

I honestly don't recall having any problem with the McTavishes. They are Life and Myth, right? Since those are 2 of your schools, I would keep primarily Balance spells in my deck, especially Sandstorm, Spectral Blast, Hex and Balance Blade. Your Spirit Shield is also essential. Also, use either a Storm wand [damage boost against Myth] or a Death wand [boost against Life]. (Or you might farm Shakes O'Leary in Chelsea Court until he drops a Life staff on you. This staff will provide you with an extra pip at the start of the battle, which is a BIG help in Marleybone.) Load up on Pixie treasure cards, and maybe a couple Ghoul &/or Vampire. Most importantly, use your Helpful Mander minion! It is one of the best minions in the game.

Honestly, I found the solution to be to just skip the battle with them entirely and I snuck up behind them and took the book from the crates. Sometimes, the best fight is no fight at all. I am sure that with the Judgement spell that I could wipe them out with no trouble whatsoever, but there was something that was not working for me with the deck build that I had then. I am now at level 35 and dreading Katzenstein's Lab. (I hate the swirling gearheads!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter