(Wizard 101) Quest Tips & Help Thread!

LittleWoodenHead Re Beguiler Run:

Does Saturday at 7:00p Eastern/4:00p Pacific work for everybody?

Meet in the Well of Spirits, Greyrose Realm.

i can make that, give or take a couple minutes

Thanks so much to Kenneth, aka Little Wooden Puppet Head, for assisting me at the end of counterweight West yesterday - you are a prince! I was going to lose it all, but for your help!

Thanks again, and to all who help so much (virtually everyone lol)

Please don't hesitate to call upon me for aid!

(Rolls & Dmamie, special thanks to you, too!)

:love:

I just started paying for the game yesterday :)

Would anyone be able to help me with Grubb?

A big thanks here to Kenneth, Madison, Gilroy and my sister Olivia for helping me today to get out of Marleybone, by helping in Kat's lab through Big Ben.
Guys and gals you were great again! Woot
(And, though they aren't on this board thanks to the other three little players who jumped into help. Alura, Wolf and I think the other was named John, already forgot. lol)
Again, Dis friends are the best! :thumbsup2
Kim

Well, my new characters are ready for Marleybone.
I hate Marleybone.

What is the quickest way to get through this?
That's a big question.
Let me re-phrase.

What can you skip? What is the key to getting to Mooshoo?

I'm gathering, for instance, that you can skip Kennsington.

Thoughts?

Well, my new characters are ready for Marleybone.
I hate Marleybone.

What is the quickest way to get through this?
That's a big question.
Let me re-phrase.

What can you skip? What is the key to getting to Mooshoo?

I'm gathering, for instance, that you can skip Kennsington.

Thoughts?
If you just focus on the storyline in each section and skip the side quests, you'll be surprised how quick you can get through Marleybone.

In Hyde Park, for example, the main storyline is The Search for Baxter. The quests for this are given by Mrs. Conrail. She may have you talk to other NPCs as part of the storyline, who might give you side quests of their own. But just try to follow the main line (primarily safehouses and lockpicks). Don't go questing after Emily Chesterfield's packages or umbrella or Mr. Rowley's rings.

In Chelsea, you are still after Baxter and the main storyline involves getting access to the central Clocktower.

You can't skip the Ironworks. It is part of the main line.

In Newgate Prison, you are chasing after Meowiarty following his escape. Even if you do the side quests here, there aren't many. I think it's the shortest of the non-instanced Marleybone sections.

The Knight's Court storyline has you tracking down Jacques the Scratcher. There are a ton of side quests here that you can skip. You'll need to talk to the ladies as part of the main investigation, but you really don't need to deal with all their clothing problems, or help David Beeman get his tea.

Katz Lab, the Counterweights, and Big Ben cannot be skipped.

Definitely skip Kensington. It is a completely separate instance, just like Sunken City and Tomb of the Beguiler.

Also, I believe you can skip the quests initiated by anyone in the Regent's Street area (including Marcel the Mime Cat and the Frog on Scotland Yard Roof). Abigail, in particular, is a pain, who will be more than happy to give you a thousand different side quests -- mostly involving the Policemen's Ball and/or Street Sweepers. Once again, you may need to talk to some of these NPCs as part of the main storyline, but you don't need to complete their side quests in order to proceed.

One problem with fast-forwarding MB is that you will be missing a whole lot of XP -- and that translates into levels and additional spells. If you do most of the side quests, however, you will easily be Level 33 or 34 by the time you get to MooShu.

You will also miss out on some item rewards that can help you a lot in MooShu. The aforementioned David Beeman, for example, gives you a very nice deck as a reward for retrieving his fiddle from Sweepers. (Abigail, of course, starts that quest chain, but you need to do her earlier Policemen's Ball quests to get to that one.)

Overall, I would recommend against moving too fast through MB. It is a marathon, not a sprint. But then, I don't mind the place as much as some seem to. I have a lot more issues with MooShu -- but that is the subject for another day.

:wizard:

Just wanted to say thanks to Briar, Rolls, Am (remember you better for your VMK names) and Maria and Alura for making the game more fun these last few weeks by either helping me or letting me tag along on your quests!

Thank you so much Little Wooden Head for the great insight! I too want to get through and at least see Mooshu. Then I can go back and finish up Marleybone. I never made it before the wipe. :(

Thank you Tiggerbelle and Lucybell for your help today at Big Ben. We would never have made it without you. So nice of you to help. :flower3:

We would never have gotten to Big Ben without the help of Peri, the funny green man, and Rolls. I am so happy to be out of MB. I did not like it there at all. The shopping was even bad. :lmao:

So nice to still be with my vmk friends. Thank you again!:grouphug:
Tara/dmamie

Just wanted to say thanks to Briar, Rolls, Am (remember you better for your VMK names) and Maria and Alura for making the game more fun these last few weeks by either helping me or letting me tag along on your quests!

Awww. It's fun hanging with you too, green dude.

Would anyone be able to help me with Grubb?
You don't need Grubb to proceed in the game. I myself tend to be in my 20's before I even think about doing it. I know some people who do it even later.

We have periodic "Grubb Runs" here on DIS. They tend to be on the weekends, however, as it takes awhile to get through the whole thing.

You might try setting one up yourself, by specifying a day and time. I'm sure if others are available then, they will be more than willing to help. In the meantime, just keep working on your other quests. Grubb can wait. ;)

You don't need Grubb to proceed in the game. I myself tend to be in my 20's before I even think about doing it. I know some people who do it even later.

We have periodic "Grubb Runs" here on DIS. They tend to be on the weekends, however, as it takes awhile to get through the whole thing.

You might try setting one up yourself, by specifying a day and time. I'm sure if others are available then, they will be more than willing to help. In the meantime, just keep working on your other quests. Grubb can wait. ;)

Alright, thank you ^^

If you just focus on the storyline in each section and skip the side quests, you'll be surprised how quick you can get through Marleybone.

Overall, I would recommend against moving too fast through MB. It is a marathon, not a sprint. But then, I don't mind the place as much as some seem to. I have a lot more issues with MooShu -- but that is the subject for another day.

:wizard:

Thank you for taking the time to draft such a complete and well thought out response, Little Woodenhead!

My Fire avatar Shelby is almost 22 and she needs Grubb. So when you are ready we have a quorum it seems. I want to wait until after I'm 22 to do it though. :wizard:

My ice wizard needs grubb, if you need any help.

My death wizard still needs to do kensington too.

Not sure how much help I will be this weekend though. I am having oral surgery on thursday. I might only be able to jump to you and join the fight.

Oh, I did a post asking for pixie dust, and somebody moved it to the community board.......

Here is a link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1968802

I hope to be back in the game by Saturday.

Fly :hippie:

Fly :hippie:

Fly: Thanks for the help yesterday!! Sending lots of pixie dust for Thursday!

EVERYONE: I have actually updated the "Titles" list!! I know! Don't pass out!!;) Please check it out and be sure I have you all up to date. I deleted anyone who I never heard from, unless I happened to know you were still in the game.

:grouphug:

Kensington anyone?

I have time to go through Kensington tonight. I suggest meeting at Digmore station in Falmea realm at 8PM eastern.

Time is flexible until 10PM eastern if its better for you.

I should be able to do it tomorrow night too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter