• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(Wizard 101) Quest Tips & Help Thread!

For those interested, the test realm is open again and they finally have the level 48 spells available there. So far I've only completed the spell task for my balance wizard, but it was interesting to finally learn what the big balance spell would be and I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the level 48 spell also came with a hydra pet.

For those interested, the test realm is open again and they finally have the level 48 spells available there. So far I've only completed the spell task for my balance wizard, but it was interesting to finally learn what the big balance spell would be and I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the level 48 spell also came with a hydra pet.

YAY!! Only problem for me is that I can't find my link for the test server. Can you help me out?

...the test realm is open again and they finally have the level 48 spells available there. So far I've only completed the spell task for my balance wizard, but it was interesting to finally learn what the big balance spell would be and I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the level 48 spell also came with a hydra pet.
All the level 48 spell quests give a 7 pip spell and a pet (with card) when they are completed.

Ice got the Frost Giant spell (575 attack AND stun to all enemies) and a Colossus pet (including an increased chance at getting a power pip) with a Colossus spell card. Even though there was a bunch of running around the 3 mandatory fights were quite easy for a level 48 Ice wizard.

Wow! Ice has it easy! I'm still doing mine but Myth has to do the Labyrinth!!! At least enought to get the gate to open. I'm working on that now!:guilty:

Oh......are they planning having that annoying yellow area follow us around on the live game??

This link can get you to the test realm download.

Also the level 48 storm spell task is currently bugged.

Think it might be working now because I saw a player with the Master of Storms badge. If not they are going to be making some changes tonight and hopefully that will be one of them.

However I tried to help a player get their myth spell tonight and got a message that one of the solo Dragonspyre tower fights is bugged.

Think it might be working now because I saw a player with the Master of Storms badge. If not they are going to be making some changes tonight and hopefully that will be one of them.

However I tried to help a player get their myth spell tonight and got a message that one of the solo Dragonspyre tower fights is bugged.

Yup! We go through most of the flippin' Labyrinth only to find we get stuck on the first floor of the tower, after the battle there. When I left to try to go back, the Labyrinth re-set. I gave up. I'm not going through all that again, only to have to do it when the game goes live.

If I get help, I'll try again but otherwise it's a lot of time for nothing, at this point.:confused3

Your spell was really cool though!:)

Actually the Master of Storms badge has been out since beta and prior to this update was the only Master badge the game was giving out. The rubble pile for the spell task is still bugged on test though.

Yup! We go through most of the flippin' Labyrinth only to find we get stuck on the first floor of the tower, after the battle there. When I left to try to go back, the Labyrinth re-set. I gave up. I'm not going through all that again, only to have to do it when the game goes live.

If I get help, I'll try again but otherwise it's a lot of time for nothing, at this point.:confused3

Your spell was really cool though!:)

Oh was I ever ticked last night when it happened to me too! lol!
Fly, Bob and Coriander all helped me with the street battles there, and I was just hoping that the tower, once I found it! would be a single battle! Oh no....lets make it a multiple room tower. And, of course the bad thing is we don't even know yet how many floors it will have. ;)
Did you think to check the gate before you did the battles? Fly walked up to it as I was running back to 'Grimcaster?' after the street battles and found it opened when she approached it. It sure would be nice if it did open without the battles. lol
Kim

Oh we loved that little wiggle the ice titan gave as he cast his spells! lol!

Edited to add! I think that when I try it on the live game I will try to get whomever helps me with the street battles to wait outside until I am done. That way if I crash out I can just jump back to them. Any takers on waiting? rofl!
Kim

Fly, Bob and Coriander all helped me with the street battles there, and I was just hoping that the tower, once I found it! would be a single battle! Oh no....lets make it a multiple room tower. And, of course the bad thing is we don't even know yet how many floors it will have. ;)
Did you think to check the gate before you did the battles? Fly walked up to it as I was running back to 'Grimcaster?' after the street battles and found it opened when she approached it. It sure would be nice if it did open without the battles. lol
Kim

I checked the gate a couple times but it never opened until I got the key. I definitely think Myth has it the toughest. I wonder what's up with that. Question is, can we be helped all the way through the quest.:confused: I know earlier spell/minion quests, that took place in towers or buildings, had to be done alone.

I did the whole Labyrinth alone the first time but it takes sooo long. We'll need to coordiante and see if we can get in there together and get it done fast!

...Your spell was really cool though!:)...
Being a Frost Giant spell it should be!;)
...we loved that little wiggle the ice titan gave as he cast his spells!...
Below is a link to a Youtube video I made of me using the spell (it seems to be a little slower than what really happens).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXpezvkw2uc
The Giant comes out of the earth and hits the ground with his hammer in front of every enemy to damage them. Then if the enemy has not died he does the "wiggle" from enemy to enemy and stuns them all (so they will not be able to do anything on the next turn).

...Myth...Question is, can we be helped all the way through the quest...
When we helped the tower would not allow any of us non-myths into it via the door or teleport. Might allow 2 myths doing the quest together to enter, but I kind of doubt it.
...We'll need to coordiante and see if we can get in there together and get it done fast!
Fly's Ice quest with help sure went much faster than my solo one. Just getting the wood piles and finding the missing sentries on the Crimson Fields instance was much faster with multiple people doing it. Another thing that speeded it up for her was porting to me at the different NPCs in Colussus Blvd. when she had to return to school between each one.

My suggestion would be for people with characters in the same schools to get together and do these quests. Even for quests with solo fight tasks it should be a little quicker.

Thanks for all the help last night everybody!

It was fun playing all together again.

I am off to try my storm wizard on the test area. Anybody know if they got the bug fixed?

Fly :hippie:

Kim

Edited to add! I think that when I try it on the live game I will try to get whomever helps me with the street battles to wait outside until I am done. That way if I crash out I can just jump back to them. Any takers on waiting? rofl!
Kim

Lol, I think I owe you one. :hug: So I will be happy to wait around for you!

Fly

I did both the Life quest and Ice quests solo.

Let me say that the Life quest solo was difficult to the extreme, so perhaps I could tag team with Myth people to get the Labyrinth done. I had to fight Hoarder first, then the full Labyrinth (defeating the dean), then the roaming boss in the street where Paladin hangs out.

The Ice quest was much easier, even with all the running around Crimson Fields.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter