(Wizard 101) Quest Tips & Help Thread!

Many thanks to Kim, Rowan, and Gilroy for helping me defeat Malistaire yesterday. Had a lot of fun, as always, with you'all.

I've explored a little of the new world too but it does seem pretty buggy. Ran right through a tree at one point and then got stuck.

Many thanks to Kim, Rowan, and Gilroy for helping me defeat Malistaire yesterday. Had a lot of fun, as always, with you'all.

I've explored a little of the new world too but it does seem pretty buggy. Ran right through a tree at one point and then got stuck.

Glad we could help!! :goodvibes

Yes, Grizzleheim is very buggy. Seems GrandMasters are limited to the first street only. Seems more buggy than the Dragonspyre test.

I feel we will get a few updates on the test servers before release and at least one wipe.

If you get a chance, go take a look on the Hall of Valor. This place is AWESOME! Take the small walkway going downward near the boat in Grizzleheim, continue after you go under the water fall. The door is open to everyone. This must be one of the most beautiful place in Wizard101.

Hi Everyone!

I have a question:

I went to Grizzleheim to do the traders quest and as soon as it was done Baldur sent me back to WC.. Now, I can;t get back to Grizzleheim. What am I missing? :confused3

Also, why would they limit Grand Masters to one are of Grizz?

Thanks!!

I went to Grizzleheim to do the traders quest and as soon as it was done Baldur sent me back to WC.. Now, I can;t get back to Grizzleheim. What am I missing?

The next step is the KI mind-reading exercise that will tell you that you need to talk to the headmaster in order to start using the spiral door to get back to GH.

The next step is the KI mind-reading exercise that will tell you that you need to talk to the headmaster in order to start using the spiral door to get back to GH.

:rotfl2: Yeah, we could use just a tad more direction on that! Of course, i feel just a bit silly that I didn't think of it anyway! :headache:

Glad we could help!! :goodvibes

If you get a chance, go take a look on the Hall of Valor. This place is AWESOME! Take the small walkway going downward near the boat in Grizzleheim, continue after you go under the water fall. The door is open to everyone. This must be one of the most beautiful place in Wizard101.

I feel very clueless today. I cannot find the Hall of Valor.:confused3

I feel very clueless today. I cannot find the Hall of Valor.:confused3

I am sorry, the name is not quite auccurate. Follow the direction for Nidavellir from the compass. Hall of Valor is inside.

I am still not used to these new places...

Here's a pic showing where to go:
DirectionsToNidavellir.png

BTW, Watch out for the bosses in this area. They are bugged. They can cast a 1 pip Judgement causing 1000 in damage...

SnagIt1.png

SnagIt1-1.png

SnagIt1-2.png

Thanks JGoof!

Anyone else having trouble with the Yardbirds? I found one but can't claim it.

Tonight the test servers were updated.

The yardbirds are working and GrandMasters can now go to the next street. :cool1:

Those are the updates I know about, there may be more.

Thanks for keeping us posted JGoof!!:flower3:

Your welcome! :goodvibes

Another thing i just learned. Most bosses all around the spiral, were upgraded. They now have tricked spells, they also sometimes cast more than one spell per turn and they can also summon minions.

Last night, i got defeated by the Jade Oni. He used to be very easy for me. But he kept casting Unicorns for him and his minion...

Some people seem not to like the upgraded bosses, others welcome the challenge. For my part, I don't know yet. But it sure will be more difficult for solo players.

...There are a lot of cat tails in the Mooshu's common area...
...I also found a lot of Mist Wood along the roads of Hametsu Village...
...decided not to continue until I can find those blocks more easily...
I got 7 cat tails at the big fountain in Hyde Park. Using the trick mentioned below you could get a LOT of these in a short amount of time.

I found quite a few crafting item spawn sites on the roof of Scotland Yard that usually gave Mist Wood and most of the time a Stone Block or 2. Of the 8 sites usually 4 would spawn every time I changed realms. Since you can change realms once a minute and it took about a minute to harvest all the sites, I was usually getting at least 3 Mist Wood and 1 Stone Block a minute.
...For the next item (athames), it's three and a half hours!!!...

Once you get to Marleybone it is 5 each of 2 items. One items cooldown is over 8.5 hours and the others is just over 9 hours. That means a minimum of 44 hours to complete the quest. Besides that there is over 7000 gold worth of items you have to buy.

The Mooshu crafting task requires over 12 hours to cool down and also makes you purchase the equipment crafting table (the basic crafting table doesn't cut it). Currently there is an bug, so it doesn't clearly give you the message that it is the wrong table for the recipe - right now you get an error message that is blocked by an empty info box. :lmao:

PS I was happy to see that they did away with the all chat channel idea. I guess even the developers found it annoying when they put it into place on the test server.

Your welcome! :goodvibes

Another thing i just learned. Most bosses all around the spiral, were upgraded. They now have tricked spells, they also sometimes cast more than one spell per turn and they can also summon minions.

Last night, i got defeated by the Jade Oni. He used to be very easy for me. But he kept casting Unicorns for him and his minion...

Some people seem not to like the upgraded bosses, others welcome the challenge. For my part, I don't know yet. But it sure will be more difficult for solo players.

Yikes! This does not bode well for my totally solo Life Wizard. She has no friends and is just about to tackle Big Ben.:eek:

Only one minion? You got lucky! LafChill and I fought the Jade Oni the other night and he summoned the War Oni, the Plague Oni and the Death Oni to help him out!!!

Four Onis against two wizards hardly seems like a fair fight, so we both summoned our own minions to help. That would've made things fairer, were it not for the fact that the Jade Oni would get extra turns and cast Unicorn to heal every so often (even when he didn't have enough pips to do so)!

We actually defeated him, though it wasn't easy and there were a number of deaths along the way....

It was an interesting fight, but I think this is actually a terrible change to the game if it persists.

The worst part is how these fights break the rules of the game. Why should bosses be able to go out of order, take multiple turns in a row, and cast spells without the requisite number of pips???

The worst part is how these fights break the rules of the game. Why should bosses be able to go out of order, take multiple turns in a row, and cast spells without the requisite number of pips???

I agree. If they wanted to make the fights more difficult, I think they should have added power pips to the bosses and a more elaborate deck. I am ok if they heal, but they should follow the rules of combat. And I might be ok to have them call friends for help since we can too.

Looks like the test realm blew away almost all of our reagents last night in an update. The following was posted on the main Wizards site.

Gamma said:
We had a late night update to the Test Realm that did not get messaged in time.

All Reagent quantities were reset to one, to counter a large bug with Reagents. We apologize however this was a necessary reset, and this is one of the perils of a Test Realm. This reset would NOT happen in a Live Realm environment.

Also many people are running into crafting task bugs that have apparently not been addressed yet in any updates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter