WL resort information

MaxDrake79

Earning My Ears
Good morning friends, I am seriously considering the WL resort, I wanted to ask you how it works with the beds when the booking rate indicates a king bed or two queen beds and for example I want a room with two beds is there a way to specify it in the booking ? Or is there a risk that when I check in they will assign me a room with only one large bed? Also from WL you can take the boat to Contemporary and maybe take the monorail from there to Epcot or is it better to go by bus?

Good morning friends, I am seriously considering the WL resort, I wanted to ask you how it works with the beds when the booking rate indicates a king bed or two queen beds and for example I want a room with two beds is there a way to specify it in the booking ?
When you book via https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/wilderness-lodge-resort/rates-rooms/room-only/
you can see the booking categories and can choose king or queens and view of choice.
Also from WL you can take the boat to Contemporary and maybe take the monorail from there to Epcot or is it better to go by bus?

Good question. It is faster to just go by bus. Also the only recently reopened that route cr/wl and it’s my understanding it doesn’t start until 3pm.

Later in the day/evening if leaving Epcot and you wanted to mono to TTC and mono from there to CR and boat back you could, I have done things like that on busy days when ride lines were long. OR if our bus pulls away just before we get to it. Sometimes we just prefer to keep moving vs doing the faster route,

You could Epcot mono to TTC and get off mono at MK and take the boat from there to WL as well.

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much. I'm still undecided about the resort between WL and CR because I'm fascinated by the idea of the monorail, but WL in my opinion is more themed and costs less, which doesn't hurt. But eventually you can change the reservation, that is, if I book one and then later I want to move the reservation to another resort, can I do it independently or do I have to call them or send email...?

It's faster by bus from WL to Epcot but not as fun. When staying at WL, I usually take the boat to MK, then take either the Express Monorail or the Resort Monorail to the TTC, then switch there to the Epcot route.

The inbound Epcot train goes inside the park and gives you an awesome aerial view.

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much. I'm still undecided about the resort between WL and CR because I'm fascinated by the idea of the monorail, but WL in my opinion is more themed and costs less, which doesn't hurt. But eventually you can change the reservation, that is, if I book one and then later I want to move the reservation to another resort, can I do it independently or do I have to call them or send email...?
I usually change my resort all the time!!
I just do it online. In like 2 seconds ha ha. I used to cancel one and rebook the other, but now you can just change at once. Be aware however that discounts can and do disappear, so if you book a discount today and want to change tomorrow, it may or may not be available still. Also, new discounts could appear. So there’s that too. If that happens and it doesn’t pop up on changing it, it’s simple to cancel and rebook . You’ll see credits or additional charge card transactions depending.

Then I have more questions about your latest answers, always excuse me. What is the difference between an express monorail and a resort monorail? Can I go directly from MK to Epcot or do I have to change monorails? Also let's see if I understand correctly, if I book a resort today and tomorrow I want to change it, can I do it directly from my online profile and the money I have paid goes to the other booking automatically? And if I change for a resort that costs less, would they refund me the difference?

Then I have more questions about your latest answers, always excuse me. What is the difference between an express monorail and a resort monorail? Can I go directly from MK to Epcot or do I have to change monorails?
There are no direct monorails from MK to Epcot, you have to switch train at the TTC.

The Express Monorail goes between MK and TTC only. The Resort Monorail goes clockwise MK-CR-TTC-Poly-GF-MK.

If you don’t want to take these monorails, you can also take the boat from MK to Poly then walk 5 minutes to the TTC.

if I book a resort today and tomorrow I want to change it, can I do it directly from my online profile and the money I have paid goes to the other booking automatically? And if I change for a resort that costs less, would they refund me the difference?
Most resort reservations can be changed online in your MDE account. If you make a change, the money that you have already paid will be applied to the new reservation. But it is my understanding that if the second resort costs less, they don't automatically refund the credit unless you contact them, or until you check out.

Some reservations don't have the option to make a change online. One example would be a reservation made using a special discount, like the bounce back discount. In that case, you need to call resort reservations. :)

You can do online . There is a cancel and a change button. I change often👍

How much time do you intend to spend in the parks? Are you rope droppers? Which park are you most likely to spend time at?

We LOVE WL, but getting into MK on the boat can take a while around park open/just before. It’s much more convenient to walk in (from CR). Personally I find the “convenience” of the monorail to be over-hyped. Once it took us more than an hour to get from VGF to Epcot, and I vowed never again unless I really didn’t care about the time. Lyfts aren’t *that* expensive over to Epcot, and if you save enough on the cost of the room you’d get the best of both worlds.

Our favorite stays are (longish) split stays, with a few days near a MK resort and the rest of the time near Epcot/HS.

But if I book a resort and after a while they offer a discount on that resort, do I have to cancel the previous booking and make it again in order to get the discount? I saw that there is also the possibility of payments in installments up to 8 weeks in advance for the balance

How much time do you intend to spend in the parks? Are you rope droppers? Which park are you most likely to spend time at?

We LOVE WL, but getting into MK on the boat can take a while around park open/just before. It’s much more convenient to walk in (from CR). Personally I find the “convenience” of the monorail to be over-hyped. Once it took us more than an hour to get from VGF to Epcot, and I vowed never again unless I really didn’t care about the time. Lyfts aren’t *that* expensive over to Epcot, and if you save enough on the cost of the room you’d get the best of both worlds.

Our favorite stays are (longish) split stays, with a few days near a MK resort and the rest of the time near Epcot/HS.
will be staying 9 nights in July 2024 but would like to go to Kennedy Space Center one day. I'm really in doubt between wl and CR...

But if I book a resort and after a while they offer a discount on that resort, do I have to cancel the previous booking and make it again in order to get the discount? I saw that there is also the possibility of payments in installments up to 8 weeks in advance for the balance
Call Disney Reservations and they’ll apply the discount - I‘ve done this before. You can also call them to confirm you’re reservation is definitely for 2 beds and they’ll verify that to put your mind at ease.

You mentioned about being uncertain if you should book WL or The Contemporary and my advice is to base it on who you’re traveling with. When my girls were young we always stayed at a monorail resort - it’s just easier (IMO). We have stayed at WL and loved it. In regards to the boat vs bus - I’d take the bus to the TTC and then the monorail to Epcot. Or you can just take the bus to Epcot. Or you can make a breakfast reservation at a Skyliner resort and take The Skyliner to Epcot - lots of options.

Whatever you decide - have a great trip :smickey:

will be staying 9 nights in July 2024 but would like to go to Kennedy Space Center one day. I'm really in doubt between wl and CR...
One more thing….seeing this makes me assume you are renting a car or will have your own car. You can drive to any of the parks or to the TTC and not pay for parking since you’re staying on property - this is what we do. I’m not a fan of taking the busses - we drive everywhere.

will be traveling from Italy with my mother, at the moment I am single and unless I have a partner between now and next July😃 I will leave alone with my mother to realize my American dream, I will be in New York for 3 nights and then Orlando🇺 🇸. So if discounts arrive can I still take advantage of them on the same booking? We will be without cars so we will only travel by means of transport. I forgot the last 3 days as I wrote elsewhere I will move to the universal parks

So if discounts arrive can I still take advantage of them on the same booking?
You can have 1 discount on a reservation. So if several discounts come out, you have to decide which one is best for you & book that one. If you are booked at rack rate & a discount comes out, you also have to see if your resort & room category are available with the discount. Discounts aren’t available for all the rooms on property, they’re offered to fill rooms. Some resorts & room categories might be limited or not available during your dates.

Also, you don’t have to be staying at a monorail resort to ride it. If you stay at Wilderness Lodge, you can still take time to ride the monorail around the Magic Kingdom resorts or back & forth on the Epcot loop.

My choice at the moment is WL, I would like to wait a little longer if perhaps discounts come out. Do you know if they even speak a little Italian at the call center? Or will I have to speak only in English?🤣

Another question,which is the distance from WL to AK in bus. Because i understand MK Epcot e DHS in near but AK?

will be traveling from Italy with my mother, at the moment I am single and unless I have a partner between now and next July😃 I will leave alone with my mother to realize my American dream, I will be in New York for 3 nights and then Orlando🇺 🇸. So if discounts arrive can I still take advantage of them on the same booking? We will be without cars so we will only travel by means of transport. I forgot the last 3 days as I wrote elsewhere I will move to the universal parks
I recommend staying at deluxe at US. The Express pass is awesome for short trips and it’s free with deluxe.

I recommend staying at deluxe at US. The Express pass is awesome for short trips and it’s free with deluxe.
Yes, I have already booked 3 nights from July 27th to the 30th at the Hard Rock hotel....it's a Saturday, a Sunday and a Monday....I hope to get to see and do everything at Universal with two and a half days having the 'express pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter