• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WL - social distancing in public areas/pools

dclDream2018

Mouseketeer
Can anyone with a recent stay at Wilderness Lodge share what they've experienced in terms of crowds in pools, spacing in restaurants, socially distancing in public spaces generally?

We're at the WL right now but won't be going to the pool until this afternoon at the earliest. We haven't had crowding issues so far at WL. But it seems, in general, that you should just kind of assume people will be in your space and largely not wearing masks any time you are outside. Inside, people are mostly wearing masks, but distance is still questionable.

Personal pet peeve here - it drives me nuts that people are crowding in lines for things. I was in a ticket line at Aquatica yesterday and the guy behind me was constantly about a foot away. We're in a roped off line, people, staying further back will have zero impact on how quickly the line moves, so just give me some space. Okay, rant over.

[Edited to fix typo]

Last edited:
Was at WL first week of August. No social distancing but didn’t really feel super crowded in the pools or lobby. Mask compliance instead was good. Parks are a different story. Lots of people not wearing masks properly in line. Kept my mask on outside especially in crowded areas like Galaxy Edge. No social distancing in line. Best you can do is stay a bit behind the people in front of you but that’s doesn’t stop the people behind you being right up on you.

I really don't see how you can make someone "social distance" while swimming in a pool? If swimming in a pool with others is a problem, then maybe other plans should be made. You will stand near people in lines, while walking or standing, in restaurants, everywhere in disney with others who have paid a huge amount to be there. Maybe waiting until you feel safe and comfortable among others is a good option at this time.

This is just ridiculous. We've got some tough but very honest decisions to make.
Bottom line everywhere in Society right now, if you haven't been vaxed, stay home for a couple more weeks. Delta will fizzle. Don't blame others. Make the decisions yourself. I'm looking so forward to our trip in early December. Went last year with masks on all the time. Will be so good to have them off this year. I actually expect the masks indoor rules to be back to none by that time if Delta goes here as it has abroad.

I stayed at WL last month. While I didn't feel that the resort was overly crowded, social distancing is no longer a thing at Disney. Pool chairs are not separated, for example. Restaurant seating seemed as it was pre covid although when I dined at WCC every table was not occupied. OP, be prepared for people to be within 6' of you for sure at WL. Can you avoid it at times? Sure. It's a big place. But don't count on it all the time. Things are WAY more crowded at the parks. People are literally on top of each other like the old days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter