WLV - Distance to WL amenities

Jenn

DIS Veteran
We are booked at WLV for 5 nights in March. Looking at the map in the DVC guidebook, the Villas seem a bit of a distance from the WL itself.

We would of course be using the main pool, gift shop and restaurants at WL - how convenient is that?

Hi there....we stayed there last june and in no way did I think we were too far from anything. Actually I liked being in the more quiet section. We used the main pool ( but mostly the one near the Villas it and the spas were less crowded) gift shop restaurants you name it.

The only thing I would say was a bit away was roaring forks the fast food place but it was fine. WL is not a gigantic resort it is very manageable! have fun!

Other than the main pool at WL, the restaurants, gift shop and Roaring Forks snack bar are probably best accessed by the covered walkway and through the lobby.

Going through that lobby makes the walk worth it, IMHO!

The main pool is even closer....just around the corner from VWL.

I think you'll love the VWL and the side benefit of that walk is a quieter area that is even more fully themed to the Northwest.

Have a great time planning all the fun you will have! :)

The walk to the lodge is beautiful. We only spent two nights, but while the kids were resting in the afternoon, I just couldn't sit in the room. My husband stayed with them and I just walked and looked, looked and walked, then again. The walk is not far and the whole theming is just awesome.

Some will think its too far away, but DW and I thought it was just right. The only time we thought it was too far was for the first cup of coffee in the morning, but you can brew your own.:smooth:

did you stay at Wl? when you took the bus you took the right turn to the bus stop now just go straight ahead - you are there. you are much closer to the bus stop than the lodge and the gift shop and the arcade are really close too. this is not a big resort for WDW so nothing is that far away. and on rainy days you will love being able to get up and go eat breakfast (if you don't fix it yourself) without getting wet.

Thanks so much for the replies! Maps can be deceiving and I know we are going to LOVE VWL. In fact, at first we were a little dissapointed because BWV was booked but they more we read about it and think about it - the more exited we are getting.

Just wanted to add an additioonal comment about the beauty of this place. When we went to tour the VWL before we bought we were there looking at the place, in awe of it's massiveness and beauty, for more then 2 hours. Only about 15 minutes was actually spent in the room. The place is unbelievably beautiful!

Have you ever stayed in the BW villas? The rooms at the end there are really a <u>long</u> distance from the lobby. You'll find that the VWL rooms are much closer to the lodge, and a much shorter walk than you'd typically find at BWV's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter