WOC desert party

I’m on the verge of tears, y’all :( I know, I know, ridiculous right. And before you say it, yes, I know there are people suffering and starving in the world. Aware of that. Aware of my massive privlege to even be able to visit any Disney property ever, anytime.

Ok, with all that out of the way, I’m sure I won’t be alone in grieving what a difficult process this and the likelihood we won’t be able to book.

We don’t live in California, we can’t afford to vacation often, and this is our 10th year wedding anniversary trip. It is super short, succinct, and after working my tail off during this entire pandemic (still actually, bedside nursing is horrible right now) I was really counting on this trip for relaxation and a reset. This is our one time to visit together as a family, probably as far as I can predict. I don’t see us being able to visit again.

I know, I know: Just stand. Right? What’s the issue?

My son is a tiny, tiny 6 year old. Frail. I am 4’10 and have a busted back.
I am not in any shape or condition to be fighting people who easily step on children or shove/punch smaller people, like myself, for that prime spot.

Just in tears right now, everyone. Sorry for the rant. I just can’t believe how difficult these things are to book, I just wanted one slot, just one day. Probably one slot forever, as I said, I can’t see us being able to ever do this again. Thank you for allowing me to vent.

You might still get it! Hang tough! (... avoiding saying "please sit tight")

For folks worried that they won't get a time slot, I'm sure only a very, very small amount of people got times booked from the little app glitch earlier. The average Disney guest wouldn't even know that was a possibility and the average Disney guest doesn't even use these forums and benefits from the insight y'all are getting. Don't lose hope, it's all going to work out. Disney is just moving real, real slow in getting things loaded... it doesn't mean things aren't available. It's just becoming a long and drawn out process, you just have to stick it out. Like other folks said, use multiple devices if you can which helps improve the odds. Turn on some tv and just keep your browser tabs open so you'll see it when it goes live. You got this!

I’m on the verge of tears, y’all :( I know, I know, ridiculous right. And before you say it, yes, I know there are people suffering and starving in the world. Aware of that. Aware of my massive privlege to even be able to visit any Disney property ever, anytime.

Ok, with all that out of the way, I’m sure I won’t be alone in grieving what a difficult process this and the likelihood we won’t be able to book.

We don’t live in California, we can’t afford to vacation often, and this is our 10th year wedding anniversary trip. It is super short, succinct, and after working my tail off during this entire pandemic (still actually, bedside nursing is horrible right now) I was really counting on this trip for relaxation and a reset. This is our one time to visit together as a family, probably as far as I can predict. I don’t see us being able to visit again.

I know, I know: Just stand. Right? What’s the issue?

My son is a tiny, tiny 6 year old. Frail. I am 4’10 and have a busted back.
I am not in any shape or condition to be fighting people who easily step on children or shove/punch smaller people, like myself, for that prime spot.

Just in tears right now, everyone. Sorry for the rant. I just can’t believe how difficult these things are to book, I just wanted one slot, just one day. Probably one slot forever, as I said, I can’t see us being able to ever do this again. Thank you for allowing me to vent.
I completely understand how you feel and really hope you get to enjoy the show from the dessert party.

Just got our tickets to WOCDP through the app (iPhone). When it said to book on Disney.com, I’d click that, then click the link on the top left corner to go back to the app, then select number of people, then back to .com, back to the app, select date & time (9pm), back to .com, back to the app, selected WOCDP, then back to .com, back to the app, etc - you get the idea. A pain, but it worked. We’ve got our reservation for May 5!

It just repopulated, App trick worked on iphone.
Thank you! I was able to use the trick on my iphone and get the 9:15pm reservation for 5/27 - our only full day in DCA. Yay! My multiple Please Sit Tight queues are still spinning so I appreciate the heads up to try to app again.

It's repopulated on my app also (android) but I still can't get times to populate.

Just got our tickets to WOCDP through the app (iPhone). When it said to book on Disney.com, I’d click that, then click the link on the top left corner to go back to the app, then select number of people, then back to .com, back to the app, select date & time (9pm), back to .com, back to the app, selected WOCDP, then back to .com, back to the app, etc - you get the idea. A pain, but it worked. We’ve got our reservation for May 5!

Worked for me too! Quite simple actually, everyone give it a try!

Just got a reservation for June 5 using this method! Yes!!

The "book experience" showed up on the iOS app but it just redirects to the website. Maybe 9am? HAHAHA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter