WOC desert party

Anyone know about what time they have been releasing the ability to book the dessert package?
On the third day reservations were available, they dropped sometime between 1:30 AM PST and 3:30 AM PST-- I happened to be awake at both times and checked. Not available at 1:30; were available at 3:30 AM. I'm assuming based on past experience that they probably opened up at 3AM.

We did the party last night, and it was an overall good, not fantastic, experience. For those asking about the kids’ sippers - they will only give them to children 9 and under. My 9 yo is very tall, and I was asked our kids’ ages when we were seated. This will sound crazy, but I’m planning a trip for WDW next year, when she will be 10, and I accidentally answered “10” at first. When I realized my mistake and asked for a sipper a few min later, a small amount of quiet drama ensued at the bar behind us while they decided whether they would let her have one. *facepalm* They brought one for my 9 yo only, and my 13 yo did not receive one. Considering that I had to provide the names and ages of our party when booking, it was a little annoying that they didn’t automatically provide one for our group. She loved it, though.

They definitely need to improve their efficiency for the check-in situation. We’ve done several parties in the past, and it was extremely inefficient last night. They walked the line to determine if people were in line for the party (some were not, due to confusion about viewing area lines), and if so, which party. Instead of giving us our wristbands at that point, they made us repeat the entire process at a podium where one person was processing each party. We arrived somewhere around 7:20, were 4th in line, and were seated around 8:10, by which time there was a massive line behind us. I would definitely get there early if you want to select your table and have some time to enjoy the desserts before the show.

Also, I ordered an allergy plate due to a family member with lactose intolerance (not a food allergy, just can’t eat cheese and mousse), and they actually brought both the fruit and the regular plate, which was nice. We missed the bread, though. It’s still the only way I would watch WOC, but they just a little more practice to get the check-in operating more smoothly.
Geezopeetes 9yo is the upper limit. That’s just crazy .

Just an FYI, I did email and ask about the diabetic in our groups options, in case they did have a sugar free cookie or something. I felt a little silly about asking our sugar free options for a dessert party but I know some locations around the park sell sugar-free candies or cookies.

This was the response:

Thank you for contacting the Disneyland Resort Special Diets team.

There may be limited allergy-friendly options available at the World of Color Dessert Party, however due to the nature of this dining location they are not able to adjust menu items. In addition to select pastries, the World of Color Dessert Party also offers a fruit and cheese platter that may accommodate this request. We recommend noting your dietary request on your reservation and speaking to a Cast Member once you arrive at the location.

We hope this is helpful in planning your visit!

I did the second WOC dessert party last night. I found it worked well to check in early as a PP advised me. We were able to check in (I think we were went by the table around 7:45), get our wrist bands and talk to CM about what type of seating we wanted (high top). I noticed they put our name on a seating chart which was then used when we returned. We were able to come back at 9:30 for the 10:15 show and line up. This way we also didn't see the first show while in line for the second one.

I thought the director's chairs were very comfortable; view was good (much less people standing in front of us because it was the second show) and service was okay. Desserts (except for cheesecake which was very yummy) were WAY too sweet for us; I preferred the cheese and crackers.

Last edited:
That's adorable! I hope they have them for a while. What is considered a kid? My dd is 11, I wonder if she can have one.

Wondering if they would give my 2 1/2 year old one? 🤔 Probably not since I am not paying for her. I’ll still ask though!

Perhaps they will loosen up over time but we went tonight and they were being very strict about the 3-9 year old thing. They would not let me get one for my 2 year old who did not have a paid-for plate (we did receive one for my 5 year old). They also would not let any adults who didn't get the alcoholic drink (which btw she told me the limit was one but if you wanted a second one 'we might be able to work with you 🤣) get one. I was not offered the option to purchase one separately though I did not explicitly ask. Fortunately my younger one didn't really notice/care but I feel like this would be a really tough situation for a family with kids who straddle the line. I also don't understand it from a ticket cost standpoint -- seems like the fairest thing would be a choice of alcohol or the sipper, regardless of age.

We were happy enough with the view because it was better than being in the mosh pit trying to hold up a kid to see. You definitely can't see the lower half of the projections well but the overall visuals are still beautiful and it was much more comfortable than standing. Our poor waitress was nice but clearly had no idea what was going on yet (she had to look up the ingredients in the one alcoholic mixed drink when I asked).

I can't remember what was in the cocktail now but it was very sweet and fruity.

Anyone that has been that can give some insight on accessible seating where everyone can still see. We are a group of 6 and my 3 year old will be in his powerchair (which can lift up), but we also have a 9 year old and 5 year old. Can anyone tell me what the accessible seating is like? Also, do I need to try to let them know in advance that we need accessible seating? There was not a spot to mark it when I reserved.

Perhaps they will loosen up over time but we went tonight and they were being very strict about the 3-9 year old thing. They would not let me get one for my 2 year old who did not have a paid-for plate (we did receive one for my 5 year old). They also would not let any adults who didn't get the alcoholic drink (which btw she told me the limit was one but if you wanted a second one 'we might be able to work with you 🤣) get one. I was not offered the option to purchase one separately though I did not explicitly ask. Fortunately my younger one didn't really notice/care but I feel like this would be a really tough situation for a family with kids who straddle the line. I also don't understand it from a ticket cost standpoint -- seems like the fairest thing would be a choice of alcohol or the sipper, regardless of age.
I wonder if it is a supply chain issue? Maybe they are worried about running out? Since you pay the same for kids as adults and minors can't drink alcohol, it seems ridiculous that they will not let kids over 9 who want it have the sipper. I feel like back when they had the wave cup sippers, you had to pay extra for them--- those things were huge though. I remember DH complaining about how we were going to pack when he first saw it. Seems like there was something we went to when DD was 10 where I remember them saying they weren't supposed to give her something, but they went ahead and gave it to her--- I'm not sure that was WOC though-- may have been something at WDW.

We were happy enough with the view because it was better than being in the mosh pit trying to hold up a kid to see. You definitely can't see the lower half of the projections well but the overall visuals are still beautiful and it was much more comfortable than standing. Our poor waitress was nice but clearly had no idea what was going on yet (she had to look up the ingredients in the one alcoholic mixed drink when I asked).

I can't remember what was in the cocktail now but it was very sweet and fruity.
Thank you! I figured she couldn’t get one. She probably won’t care and I thought someone said it’s just a glow cube inside so I could always buy her a glow cube. 😂

I feel like back when they had the wave cup sippers, you had to pay extra for them--- those things were huge though
When we were there in 2017, they were included in the Dessert party. I thought the same as your husband but we crammed it in the suitcase and made it home. Every once in a while we turn it on just to see it change colors.

Planning to check in during the first show check in this evening for the 915. Does my whole party need to be with me to check in? Will around 8 pm work?

Planning to check in during the first show check in this evening for the 915. Does my whole party need to be with me to check in? Will around 8 pm work?
Yes because they need to get their wristband. I would either go earlier (like 7:30) or more like 8:45 after the majority of the first party is already processed. There is going to be a massive line at 8:15.

Report on the 2nd show last night:

First show was at 9, 2nd at 1015

Tried to check in around 750 and it was a mess, they wouldn’t check us in. They said to wait until I got the notification from the app closer to 9

I didn’t wait (knowing typical Disney) and I tried again at 830 and there were no lines and it was super easy, we had our pick of tables. We were a party of 8 and only 3 of us were there so they just handed us the wristbands (count them, they only gave us 7 initially). Instructed to come back around 920 for 925 seating. HA! First show wasn’t even over until 930, and it was chaotic in that area until 945 (with everyone leaving). Stood in line which moved very slowly and finally got seated around 10 pm

2nd show viewing areas were fairly empty, definitely could have just walked up around 1010 and still have a great spot. The party wasn’t quite as good a deal for the 2nd show but having a seat is always great. Desserts were so-so but I think everyone knows to expect that.

For anyone who did the 8:00 dessert party, around what time did you get your food plates? I'm either booking Wine Country Trattoria for 5:30 or doing something quick like Pym's for dinner. But I don't want to plan it too close to the dessert party and have people feel too full to eat their desserts.

Last edited:
For anyone who did the 8:00 dessert party, around what time did you get your food plates? I'm either booking Wine Country Trattoria for 5:30 or doing something quick like Pym's for dinner. But I don't want to plan it too close to the dessert party and have people feel to full to eat their desserts.
We got our plates right after we were seated, which for us was 8:15 (we lined up at 7:30).

I suggest eating light! It’s soooooo much food! The cheese and crackers are almost a meal and then the desserts too. I really wish we had a bread basket like previous years, it would have made the whole thing a complete meal honestly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter