WOC desert party

Totally agree - WoC would be better if everyone was sitting, like the F! dining areas.

I am also curious what is the best time to checkin for the earlier show? We thinking 7:30 is early enough? too early?
I’d say 7:30 would be good. For me, and the woman in front of me checking in, we didn’t have to have the whole party at checkin (just all there in line before they took us over to be seated), if that helps.

Oh that would be pretty great if DH and I could divide and conquer and take kids to restroom while the other checked us in!
This! Previous reports I'd seen said they all had to be there to get wristbands at check in area, then go to seating area. That would be perfect for me to wait in the check in line, while the other adult in our group go get bathroom run out of the way with the kids.

Could I also get seated, and order our drinks and when they got there meet them with their wristbands? If I waited until 8:15, would that be best, as they would have cleared out the early birds by then; then the rest of the group could join me around 830?

A big purpose of getting the dessert party (besides the seats!)was not having to arrive over an hour before the show.

From the map it looks like the restrooms closest are to the right of the Little Mermaid attraction, the other 2 seem to be in restaurants ? Is this correct?

This! Previous reports I'd seen said they all had to be there to get wristbands at check in area, then go to seating area. That would be perfect for me to wait in the check in line, while the other adult in our group go get bathroom run out of the way with the kids.

Could I also get seated, and order our drinks and when they got there meet them with their wristbands? If I waited until 8:15, would that be best, as they would have cleared out the early birds by then; then the rest of the group could join me around 830?

A big purpose of getting the dessert party (besides the seats!)was not having to arrive over an hour before the show.

From the map it looks like the restrooms closest are to the right of the Little Mermaid attraction, the other 2 seem to be in restaurants ? Is this correct?
I don’t believe they were letting folks be seated without the full party. With the timing my night, you could have the family join you in line around 8:15 and walk over to be seated. We were free to come and go once seated.

The bathrooms across from the Little Mermaid are the closest. They are also next to the check in / wristband stand and then line. It’s a nice area to let kids run around some as most just dessert party folks in line that time of night (trail behind Grizzly).

Last week we did the World Of Color Dessert Party. It was amazing! We all wished we could do it more than once. Our view was wonderful, the desserts were all yummy and very filling. It was so nice to sit and enjoy the show.

One unexpected thing was the check-in is so far away from WOC. I had to ask where it was and would never have found it on my own. We checked in at 7:30 and there was already a line, which just kept getting longer. The line was on a shady, tree lined trail. Two cast members came down the line to check people in, give wrist bands and let you choose a table. Once you're checked in you can leave and go to the viewing area at 8:00. I couldn't find that, either! There were so many people milling around. I asked and was directed to a CM. The whole party could use better signage.

I chose a low table and we had a great view, even with the obligatory child-put-on-shoulders-the-moment-the-show-begins in front of us. The tables are VERY close together, which was the only aspect of the whole experience we didn't like. Like so close the chairs on the side of our table were touching the chairs on the next table. This made it tricky to get out of your chair for any reason. It wouldn't make me avoid the WOC dessert party, though. Just something to keep in mind.

Our server was very attentive and came over to check in on us often. She kept refilling the drinks, which was appreciated. She also offered to take a family photo of us, which was great since I am not in 98% of the pictures from our trips.

We kept hearing announcements that people in the front row of the standing area would get wet. But what was a surprise was that WE got soaked! The table, chairs, and all of us. Luckily our food had already been boxed up by that point.

The favorite dessert of everyone was the mini blue raspberry cake, but everyone enjoyed all of the desserts. The grapes and cheese were perfect, and we had crackers, too. We ended up needing to-go boxes in the end. Nobody in our party drinks alcohol. We had soda, tea, coffee, decaf and water. I heard the people at the next table ordering Shirley temples.

I will for sure budget for this again for our next trip, I liked it even better than the Fantasmic dinner.C482018F-B917-4CED-B088-BE5C4EBF5D71.jpeg

Attachments

• B3F48219-B62D-4CBE-AB63-677C3A3B7DA8.jpeg
    B3F48219-B62D-4CBE-AB63-677C3A3B7DA8.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 6C96675E-8614-4DA5-8770-2DB8529BFC52.jpeg
    6C96675E-8614-4DA5-8770-2DB8529BFC52.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Does everyone in the party need to be there or can 1 person check in for the group?
Everyone needs to be there to receive their wrist bands, but I had my group meet me when they started checking people in. As long as the group stays nearby, it shouldn't be a problem. Once checked in, they can disperse again for bathroom breaks or whatever until it is time to be seated. We ended up waiting in line for seating (from about 7:30 until 8), playing with bubble wands and chitchatting, but we easily could have done a bathroom break at the nearby restrooms across from Mermaid.

Totally agree about the Desert party! We had table 37 last night. Tall table and right in the center! Perfect view.
We went last night and sat at table 37! We thought the view was good but had a little trouble with the pole that was in your photo. It was still so amazing!!!!! Especially last night with the 4th of July preshow. If anyone is going dress warm. I had leggings and a jacket and wish I had more. I was glad to have a napkin for a little extra warmth lol. Our server was also excellent. It was expensive but worth it not to be in that crowd and have a chair with a back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter