WOC Dessert Party Table # with Pictures of view

6:30 pm is when the line starts forming for the 7:00pm check in

Note: the line is NOT by the WOC viewing area
It’s by the water wheel at Grizzly River Run
Our WOC reservation is 9:15p for the 10:15 show, the choices for this season are 8:00 and 9:15p- but aren't the shows 9 and 10:15? So what time does the line up for the 9:15 reservation begin? She says she has the 8pm reservation but line up is 6:30p for 7 check in. Do we check in an hour before our reservation and 2 hours before the show? HELP!

Our WOC reservation is 9:15p for the 10:15 show, the choices for this season are 8:00 and 9:15p- but aren't the shows 9 and 10:15? So what time does the line up for the 9:15 reservation begin? She says she has the 8pm reservation but line up is 6:30p for 7 check in. Do we check in an hour before our reservation and 2 hours before the show? HELP!
I’ve done the first show twice, both times I’ve lined up at about 6:30pm and the check in was at 7:00pm.
And yes, the lining up at 6:30pm IS for a show at 9:00pm. The dessert party starts an hour before at 8:00pm
While waiting, I’ve seen the line begin to form for the 2nd show. Probably around 7-7:30pm?

I will add a pic here if where the lines form
It’s not where the WOC takes place

The green dot is where guests line up for the first show (around 6-6:30pm for a 7:00pm check in)

The red x is where guests line up for the second show (around 7-7:30pm for a 8:00pm check in)

Attachments

• IMG_3919.jpeg
    IMG_3919.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 79
About check-in. As maleficent55 said, it's over near Grizzly River Run water wheel. We usually check in 45-60 minutes ahead of time and always get a table we want. There are some benches over there, it's a nice quiet place to hang out. I check in while my family goes on rides.

The first time we did the dessert party, the CMs told everyone to meet at the desert party entrance at 8:00. Last time, they had all of us walk over together in a long line like kindergarteners going off to recess. I'm not sure how they do it now, but they'll tell you when you check in.

About check-in. As maleficent55 said, it's over near Grizzly River Run water wheel. We usually check in 45-60 minutes ahead of time and always get a table we want. There are some benches over there, it's a nice quiet place to hang out. I check in while my family goes on rides.

The first time we did the dessert party, the CMs told everyone to meet at the desert party entrance at 8:00. Last time, they had all of us walk over together in a long line like kindergarteners going off to recess. I'm not sure how they do it now, but they'll tell you when you check in.
still like kindergarteners going off for recess!!! Ha ha

they take about 1/2 over at a time, with a leader holding a glow wand, maybe not a "glow wand" but a big glowing something!

still like kindergarteners going off for recess!!! Ha ha

they take about 1/2 over at a time, with a leader holding a glow wand, maybe not a "glow wand" but a big glowing something!
So do they check you in and then take you over to the seating right away? Or do you check in and then come back? Do they assign you a table at check in? I'm confused about the process.

So do they check you in and then take you over to the seating right away? Or do you check in and then come back? Do they assign you a table at check in? I'm confused about the process.
Check in and come back, or you can wait around. If you've already checked in, you don't need to worry about being one of the first to be led to your table. We were one of the first to check-in at the second party, left and rode Webslingers and Maters, then were one of the last in line to go to our table when we got there right before 9:15. We had plenty of time to eat and get both of our adult drinks served to us.

Last edited:

at about 6:30pm a line starts forming behind Grizzly river run. Eventually they set up two signs for the first show vs the second show, but initially it seems to be just the first show people.In the pic I posted above, you can see that the first show line hugs the water way of grizzly river run, the second show is on the other side of the "road".

at 7pm , a cast member will appear with a podium and an iPad to start the check in process
checking is providing parties names, getting wrist bands for all and then choosing table number/location or not...high hop or low top...etc
If you're first in line you'll get checked in right away and have more time in between check in and the time they walk the line over, which is about 7:45-8pm (I've only ever done the first show, but I believe the while process is the same for the second show, all just one hour later)

in between checking and and getting walked over you can either stay put in line or go ride an attraction or get a bite to eat or whatever.

if you lose your place in the line by leaving it, it just means you'll be walked over last/later which doesn't take away from your experience, (as tables are now assigned at this point), it just means you're not first getting seated and getting started on those desserts!
The two times I've done it, the first time a very sweet couple held our spot in line while we went and got pizza, we were 2nd in line that time.
last time, my party went and did stuff while I just hunkered down and stayed put.

We went on October 4, first show. We were at table 48, which is a high-top table on the left edge (next to a walkway down to the sections below) of the farthest-most west section. It's not a full-on center view, but the section in front of us was the disability section, which meant most people stayed seated for the show, which was a nice bonus. The lighting/speaker pillar on the left got in the way a bit but was not too bothersome, and I could lean if needed. Here's a pic of the view. You can see that the couple in front of us were able to have their stroller with their daughter in it (sleeping) right next to the table, but I don't think they'd have been able to do that if we weren't on the edge.

We were able to get more crackers for our cheese just by asking; they had a basket full of them at the server's station and gave us a generous handful.View attachment 803315

Thank you for this! It’s not a super well-known thing that you can request to bring your stroller into restaurants at Disneyland, not a lot of people do it as it limits where you can sit and is really only beneficial if you have a sleeping kid or one with special needs. I suspected it could be done at the dessert party so I’m happy to have some confirmation. We’ve decided that I will take the teenagers Wednesday night and my husband will stay with our toddler at the hotel so we can stick to the bedtime schedule and hopefully avoid a toddler tyrant on Thanksgiving, but we will probably bring him with us if we go again another time.

Does anyone know if you have an ECV you can ride it into the dessert party area and park it near where you are sitting?

Thanks for this- I booked the early party for my birthday on 10/30 and we were 2nd in line and got table 27! Wonderful view, and the 2 that joined us were great tablemates, so it was a win for us.

Just booked 12/24 for a party of 3 for the 2nd show, hope it goes as well for us next time.

One question -What time do folks start looking to "line up" for the 2nd show if the party is listed as 9:15 ?

20231117_214914.jpg20231117_214919.jpg20231117_221257.jpg
We had Table 42, High top to the right of the section (if facing the water). We were happy with this seat and had a great view, but it is probably not the 'prime spot'
We were there for the second show, and so there were not big crowds, but it was easy to see everything you wanted to.
There is one speaker box a little bit in the way, you can see it in the pictures, but the images are so big and moving so fast that it is not an issue. I think any of the seats there will be great.

Table 27. Great view…but not exactly enjoyable due to the consistent rainfall. 🤪

A little difficult to enjoy the desserts but they were delivered in a plastic container with a lid. I think cast members felt bad for us due to the rain so everyone at my table was offered more than one alcoholic beverage 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_4843.png
    IMG_4843.png
    150.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4401.jpeg
    IMG_4401.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4403.jpeg
    IMG_4403.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
This was in October 2022, we were at table 17. We were first in line to pick and the guy checking us in said this was his favorite table. Front row high top with a hedge and a railing directly in front of us, so no one was walking directly in front of us ever. I guess I deleted all my pictures of the show, this is a screen shot of a video clip I posted to Facebook.
View attachment 796245View attachment 796244
How far in advance did you go sit ? Thanks

I'm sorry, but I don't remember our table number, but honestly it seemed like every table had a good view. We chose a table with the regular height chairs because we don't like the tall ones. It was an amazing show and worth the price for that view but I didn't really like much of the food offerings.

Does anyone know where exactly the check in is during food and wine? There are tables set up where it normally is. Just want to make sure I line up at the right spot when it's time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter